what to do with two ists?

sonikki_

Nov 3, 2003
what to do with two ists?

I got lucky on my last holiday from army and got IST from hellforge. After a day of wondering what should i do with it, i spotted a "need 4 sock armor offer ist"-trade and got myself a second ist. now what do with them?
should i,
a) trade one or two of em for shako or something better? (dont have shako :)
b) socket one of em to wiz or ocu ?
c) combine them to a GUL?
d) use them for a runeword? (dont have any elite runes)

Depends on your char. If you need a Shako, try to trade one for a Shako, but try to keep one - Ist is in a LOT of good runewords.

I've gotten 3 so far, from hell hellforges, and I've put 2 in my ali baba and I traded one to Mali. With 147% mf coming from my sword I wear a Moser's for resists, instead of a Rhyme, so I have max resists in hell. Also, I Um'd my Ire and Snarko to get that maxed resists. I still have 408% mf, so it worked out nicely. :)

Lucky

Aron Figaro said:
Depends on your char. If you need a Shako, try to trade one for a Shako, but try to keep one - Ist is in a LOT of good runewords.

is it possible trade though? i tried for a one whole day, and didnt succeed.
yes, its good for a lot of runewords, but im missing all the higher runes.. :/
my chars are:
summon/bspirt necro lvl 65
conc/ww barb lvl 85
orb/mete sorc lvl 20 :)

I get more succes in using the trade forum, and I dont have to "work" at trading. Just post it and let it go, maybe go and bump it once or twice if needed. Screw the trade channel and screw the open up "IST for trade" game.

I got PUL, LUM, Wizy for oone and I know I could of got more, but I was happy and it made two of my guys happy.

I dont know if the % to get runes from forge has been changed or if i am just on a good streak but I havent got a useless rune from any forge and that includes Norm. I made like 8 Xpac HC guys in 1.09 (spent most my time in Classic) anyway best I got was 2 Puls whech were basically useless then.

Now with 5 Xpac guys I hae gotten 3 UMS, IST, (2) LUMS, Fal, (2) Lems, KO, and last night GUL and all other drops were at least Thul or better so craftable, or cubable wiht one or two more to get a nicer Rune. I can remember getting Els in NM and Nef in Hell in both HC and SC back in 1.09. I only once ever in like 30 total 1.09 Xpac SC and HC guys getting and IST and a UM. that is a lot of forges with no good results.

sonikki_ said:
I got lucky on my last holiday from army and got IST from hellforge. After a day of wondering what should i do with it, i spotted a "need 4 sock armor offer ist"-trade and got myself a second ist. now what do with them?
should i,
a) trade one or two of em for shako or something better? (dont have shako :)
b) socket one of em to wiz or ocu ?
c) combine them to a GUL?
d) use them for a runeword? (dont have any elite runes)

Is it just me, or does it sound like your second Ist (the one you traded for) is a dupe? I sure as bloody hell wouldn't give an ist for some 4 socket armor I could find easier than an el rune.

I was lucky enuff to score an IST from my hell - hellforge quest a bit ago . Only the second one Iv'e ever found so mines NOT going anywhere ..
Todays my Bday so I guess thats my gift :xgift:
Would I be beat about the head and shoulders and heavily insulted by socketing this in my MF necros wand !!! or can you socket wands !!! HEHE !!

Cheers !!

With the economy being as fubar'd as it is from the rune duping I would keep them and find uses for them. I have found four ums on the ladder, 2 of which I found around/after the duping spree, so I pretty much decided trading them was a lost cause but they are useful. Ist is definitely more useful than Gul IMO so I would just hold onto them if you can't trade them.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High