What to do with this?

Cinslayre

Jan 18, 2004
What to do with this?

Hi,
just started hc and got sigons set and a spire of honor (unique lance) from a friend. What kind of character do you guys think I should do with this equip? I was thinking of a ww barbarian to at least be able to hunt for items nm meph.

Thankful for any advice.

/Cinslayer

Probably the 'best' choice would be to make a javazon and then use the lance on a merc.
A barb/druid/paladin would all benefit from the set though, you'd just need to find yourself a 1h weapon. Although I've seen some successful (high level and capable of killing act bosses rather quickly in full games) 2H PvM builds, they are sort of few and far between. In fact, the only example I can think of that doesn't use an eth BotD would be Reginatohc, he's a druid using an upgraded ribcracker on useast.

i agree to the above advice.
spire of honor is not a very good weapon for a player instead its a nice one for a merc.

spire also has 25% to defense which would make a nice effect on a defiance merc act 2 from normal or hell difficulty.

build that would fit to a defiance mercs are
paladins in general - they have the advantage of the new holy shield.
mf sorcs
and various other possibilites.

u will find a good weapon for any other char too soon no dont relly on the spire for yourself that much.

regards
Jedi

thanks for all the advice!
However my friend was kind enough to give me hwanins majesty and bonehew (2 polearms), so I guess I'll be making a polebarb instead. My merc will get spire of honor :)

/Cinslayer

Well, good luck ;)

I tried the Spire of Honor on my CS/LS zon very briefly..and man..it is sooooo slow. I find that in hell, even with a SHAEL, SHAEL AMN hone Sudan and the resulting fast attack, my merc occasionally has trouble staying alive.

Would be interesting to see how you fare with a 2H weapon, I don't dare to go there yet, even with 40% DR ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High