What is the least gear dependant mf zon builds?

Re: What is the least gear dependant mf zon builds?

Ahhh I understand, the third syenergy isnt all that great so im not missing out on much damage for light fury, anyways I just got freezing and im loving it, so I am enjoying this build quite a bit in fact it I even like it better then sorc cold spells.

But I am wondering if penetrate needs to be high or was it pierce? Whichever passive skill that lets your light fury go through the enemies.

that would be pierce. but if you go with a razortail belt then you only need to invest i think like 3 points into that skill to achieve 100% pierce.

So I deffinatly need to aim for 100 percent? How expensive are razortails?

Thanks for the reply, well that takes tgods out of the picture, I was also wondering do I need to put a point in dodge and slow missle etc for 1 point wonders or will the cold/freezing combination have me well protected?

Im also going fire merc from act3 so im not using a defensive merc, im tired of using act2 mercs it gets boring, I was considering the act5 merc but nah.

Razortail is between 2-5pgs. (Maybe 10-15 if perfect ed, but that isnt needed at all.)

Freeze normally protects you fine and you are ranged, but imo there is nothing wrong with 1point in each.

I am finding it kind of tough so far because its very draining on mana, i might need to forget about using stormshield and invest into mana points.

use spirit. lidless also works because of the huge 5 mana per kill it can have.

also why do you keep double posting, just edit your posts.

Yea, im new to the forums so my apologies. Hmmm so what should my strength be at without ss and isnt idless very low for block? I do need max block for this build. Im probably going to find a good bow eventually or make a runeword bow so im not sure how much strength I need for bows.

Thanks again.

why do you need max block? every skill that you're going to use save one will be a ranged attack and that one kills best vs single enemies and faster than they can hit you. treat this zon like a sorc, as low str/dex as you can get, rest into vit. unless you're going to have a tertiary skill in strafe, then you probably want more dex.

Hmmm I wouldnt be so sure of that, even though my sorc was all ranged shed get hit alot, but I do see what you mean, so for the best zon gear how much dex and stre am I aiming for? I know ill be using charged striked as well but with hell boss fights id think id want block for that.

I believe the guide I read recommended maxing block, I wish there was a more in depth guide on the fishyzon.

And you mentioned strafe being related to dex, what do you mean by that friend?

on the physical damage bow skills each 1 dex is 1% more damage. on a pure physical damage bowazon it's not untypical to have upwards of 600 dex (if you go pure dex).

i find it odd that you started this thread asking for least gear dependent yet you're so worried about stats. gear independence means you put in extra (and leave back some too) stats because you dont know where you're going to end up. there are plenty of threads that talk about light zons and plenty that talk about ice zons, go do some looking (not just at the fishy zon guide).

what gear are you planning on using?

Im basicly following the gear from the fishyzon guide as much as I can, and I have read other guides and none of them can really relate to the hybrid of light/ice zon, and yes I am somewhat worried about stats mostly due to mana issues but recently I can make an insight so im going that route instead with prayer merc.

I really dont have any good shields except stormshield so ill likely be using it anyways, I may be able to trade my spirit sword for a better shield to mf with for my zon, the the one the fishyzon mentioned I cant find in areat summit so I dont know what its stats are.

I dont have equipment memorized yet, so im having issues trying to figure out what I need in order to use the best bow for ice, and the best shield for mfing.

nightfish play hardcore. Therefore, max block is much more important, as it damage reduction. In pvm, this isn't really needed and as said you can go without it just fine.

If you really want, whistan shield gives massive block meaning that you will have more life - perhaps you can try it this way to see if you really need max block. Try playing with and without whistans shield and see what works best for you. However, it will damage your killingsspeed - and eventually, dead monsters are your best protection.

P.S. act 3 fire mercs are a no go. They have terrible damage, don't freeze and use a close combat skill - inferno. If you want an act 3 merc. Go with cold as this will have you to stay safe by freezing all monsters freezable.
Other option is to go with act 3 lightning mercs as these have much more damage.
The skills from act 3 mercs synergise each other. The fire skills don't synergise each other resulting in rather bad damage. There's a thread in the newcomer forum that has some extra information if you're interested.

Dude why all sooo difficult. Just dex for your bow and java's, strenght for your eq, rest in dex... Well i think java's are ~90 dex ? So take 90 dex. If you are unsure, just spare some statpoints, i am in nightmare with my fishymancer and i used like 30 statpoints... im lvl 55 now (30 is still much).

I think I already went a little far with strength and dex if thats the case, what shield do you recommend for killing speed? I decided to go with act2 merc for insight, im having major mana issues with freezing arrow.

I think I already went a little far with strength and dex if thats the case, what shield do you recommend for killing speed? I decided to go with act2 merc for insight, im having major mana issues with freezing arrow.

Liddless wall is soo cool but spirit (also kinda high str) is good too. You rly don't need much defense in pvm/sc. You can use a nice 4 sox shield with 4 pdiamonds in it if you have resist problems or somethin :).

Hmmm yea I might get a spirit once I can afford the runes or get a trade, im still debating stormshield, maybe for other purposes like going head to head with bosses, plus ive heard that faster block rate is actually what your looking for.

Anyways it might be fun, the guide suggested that you really only need between 600 to 900 life I believe.

as people said : STR 4 gear, DEX 4 gear, Energy never !!! and rest in vit.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High