What does the Uber Item Clause mean?

TekkaZeroX

Jan 9, 2004
What does the Uber Item Clause mean?

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the uber clause on some of the unique items in the diablo ii mpq files is? I have the 1.10 beta versions of the mpq and I have always wondered what it means. Did they remove it in the final version, because I remember at one time both d2data.net and purediablo.com had uber on the six items in question. Did/Does that mean if you collect all six of them (Tyrael's Might, Azurewrath, Stormlash, Tomb Reaver, Crown of Ages, and Andariel's Visage) you get something special or something? Or is it a worthless clause? This has been bugging me for awhile now.

Borlag said:
After you get them you get to fight the SantaClausClone which drops the Annoyhilus Puny Charm for you... :teeth:

Considering the cow level, I might even believe you. :p

TekkaZeroX said:
Considering the cow level, I might even believe you. :p
haha both idea's are sick :xgrin: but as far as i know, there isnt a hidden quest or any kind of that, a "friend" of mine has all these uber items on b-net and "he" says nothing special happens, so i say, trust him :teeth:

robin

strijdje said:
haha both idea's are sick :xgrin: but as far as i know, there isnt a hidden quest or any kind of that, a "friend" of mine has all these uber items on b-net and "he" says nothing special happens, so i say, trust him :teeth:

robin

That was very helpful answer, strijdje. I appreciate it a lot. By the way, did your friend ever equip all the items to see if they spawned something? I mean put azurewrath in first hand, wear tyrael's might, wear stormlash in other hand, wear crown of the ages, have desert merc wear tomb reaver, and andariel's visage. Who knows it might work. :xgrin:

I wonder if the 6 items worn would give the mystery unique set bonuses that Blizzard talked about so long ago in that d2 article at purediablo.com?

There was certainly a rumour during the beta that equipping all these uber items would work like having a sort of super set and you'd get godly bonuses, but as far as I know that idea never got past the planning stage, even assuming it was ever anything more than a rumour.

factotum said:
There was certainly a rumour during the beta that equipping all these uber items would work like having a sort of super set and you'd get godly bonuses, but as far as I know that idea never got past the planning stage, even assuming it was ever anything more than a rumour.

i'll second that, as far as i know they dont do anything when u equip all the uber items... their was a rumor about that mystiq set indeed, but hey, dont forget its blizzard we're talking about here, so that would take about 4 years more :teeth:

just kidding staff :worship:

:teeth:

robin

I seem to remember it being more of a comment field, just so other programmers know that those items will drop a lot less frequently. Doesn't seem to be any use for that collumn, no matter how you look at it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High