Wednesdaily! w00t!!

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Wednesdaily! w00t!!

RL: Day four at work. The two bigger-than-our-supervisors bosses were here when we arrived and they had a talk with us about the future. Not only did they not tell us anything we didn't already know, but we had one of them bald-face lie to us. What a setup for a wonderful night.

Homelife is fine for now. The GF is agitated, but not with me so I can be cool with that. I got the Internet at my place yesterday, so that's great. And the stir fry the second time around was quite a bit better. Needed pineapple, but it was good. I won't be doing much today; only got about four hours of sleep, so today I'll be arguing with myself internally (externally if I get really tired) about how lazy I feel and how much activity and brain power D2 really needs.

D2: I played for the first time in a little while yesterday. Did a four hour AT session and ended up with two grailers plus a good rainbow facet. I'll post in the IFT after I get home/maybe play a little more.

Enjoy hump day, people!

Re: Wednesdaily! w00t!!

RL: Summer vacation. :). It's almost one week into vacation now, and I've been doing nothing really but lazing around. Might go work on shooting form (read: basketball) tomorrow if it's a little cooler outside. Really need to burn off some calories. :X. School starts again in three or four weeks, so I probably shouldn't get too comfortable, but this kind of time is really about rest and relaxation. *shrug* As for other hobbies, haven't seen any anime this entire month (maybe an episode or two). Makes me kind of sad, but that likely won't change until the next semester begins. It's the perfect stuff for relaxing after studying, so it seems wasteful to watch anything now. :p.

D2: Working on another Enchantress. Hope to finish her before the MFO begins.

@Fast Eddie: Missed your birthday on Sunday - happy belated birthday wishes though! I get sentimental on such occasions, too...

@TRM: Hope everything turns out well for you at work. And :thumbup: for having internet at your new apartement!

@Nagisa: Did I notice before that you were playing basketball? I can't remember, but yay! for basketball, definitely the most fun game ever!

RL: Basketball this evening - I didn't have practice for the last 4 weeks, so my Stamina is a bit lowish (anyone has some spare Stamina Potions?). Studying the rest of the day.

D2: Get a good Mephisto map for the upcoming MFO, do some test runs.

RL: Doing the final polishing up (read: do everything) for my management mid semester test tommorow. Ugh.

D2: Even though I probably shouldn't I will do some pit runs on my Hammerdin to level him some more, and then I might take him further in Hell if I feel like it.

RL: The vacation is soon over, but that is fine. I kinda miss the grind.

D2: Going to run the pits with my IKwhirler preparing for the MFO. I had a long debate with myself whether I should run pits with a CL\FO, IKwhirler or Fishymancer in WSK. In the end I figured the best score would probably be with the barb as he is freaking immortal, which means I can actually play aggressively in HC. A little slower runs, but maxed gieb item kind of makes up for it.

Yay! TRM has interwebs!

Thank you Grisu!

RL: Woke up late after drinking a lot at the dinner party. Had a really nice night, though I did have to sit through three episodes of You've Been Framed. Maybe that's why I drank so much? Aikido tonight, but a lot of college work before that.

D2: Hopefully, but I'm not sure. I'd still probably quest my Lamerdin. He's still in Hell A2.

RL: Went to see some doctors today. They signed me up for a surgery on 29th of september. My books should have arrived by then, so the few days in the hospitals should be bearable.

D2: I don't know. Probably. I hope dune and FE have time today. My frenzy barb has some difficulty on p8 hell, even in act1. Maybe it'd be better if I switch wealth out for a fortitude :D

RL : Registration office went realy well yesterday, me and the GF had alot of fun :) went for a nice candlelight midnight dessert in the woods, was realy romantic.

Tonight, my best friend ( http://www.myspace.com/giacunschmid , check the first song, it is quite good :) ) plays on a litle stage in the Rhein, the river that runs trough my home town. http://www.out-of-space.ch/blog/wp-content/uploads/09.jpg

D2 : Ran trough act 4 yesterday. Diablo is the only act boss who poses any problem at all. Till i realised that he prefers to atack my clay golem first, so i place the entire army at one side and kept recasting clay golem on the other side. Then he died fairly quick.

NM helforge gave me a lem. Nothing else dropped realy. Ran NM meph for about 15 runs, gt a tarnhelm out of it, so i am happy with that. Wnna push for hell though, i am allready lvl 55 after all.

Pijus : hope you will be fine, good luck man.

TRM : Grats on finaly moving in :D i never feel at home till i have interweb ready :D

RL: Ended up going out to the bar last night with a friend of mine. It was a lot of fun to get out and spend some time with her :). Off to work soon, then hanging out again. Doesn't look like running today though. Bowling maybe?

D2: Unless I'm out for a long time, probably play when I get home tonight.

@TRM: +1 for functional interwebings

RL: Couldn't sleep (rather, didn't sleep very well or for very long), so I got up ludicrously early for someone with no job and no obligations. My mind kept running back and forth around yesterdays interview: Jeez. Oh well. Coffee, job hunt, coffee, job hunt, research on inventory control standards/best practices for the (hopefully) upcoming second interview, foods, probably a nap, maybe pop down to the pub, but may just make a beer run. Good times.

D2: Likely, later. Probably Judith and her sword, maybe a trip through the palace and AS, but who knows. I'm suddenly scared of the AS: I never had any problems there until a c/c sin I tried back in January or so, but then it seems that virtually every toon has died to the friggen summoner. (In truth, only about 10% have had any trouble, but IIRC I lost a Randomsin to the summoner.) So I'm a bit scared. Judith and nOObFAIL should have no trouble with the low life bugger, but still.

@TRM: +1 for functional interwebings

It's funny you should say that. I've been trying to connect to this site for the last five hours and I hadn't been able to until just now. Every other page I tried loaded perfectly and quickly, but the forums simply wouldn't work. Very odd.

Have fun tonight, two!

Did a bit more than two hours of AT runs and had a handful of interesting finds. I've had an IFT post ready for a couple hours now; just about to do that. Still haven't written up a "life sucks" post for the EMB yet, but I'll get to it. Just tired of thinking about it right now.

@TRM Glad the move went well.
@Pijus You're having your tonsils out? Don't think you'll be doing to much reading ;) I know from experience. I've had two jaw surgeries and after neither one was I able to read for a few days.
@Thomh I've just ran the pits a few times with my barb just to try it. I was surprised at his speed. But I always forget to use Find Item!

RL: Going to the library today. Returning a few books and getting at least one other. Working on my sister's laptop. I am reinstalling windows on it. It's all borked from some guy who worked on it when she was away at college. I moved all her files and what not yesterday, so it's all ready to reformat and install windows. I've also got my cousin's DS to work on. Specifically his M3 needs to be tweaked because the circuit board isn't making good contact with the DS, so it only boots up about half the time. Apparently this is a known issue and can be fixed with electrical tape, but right now paper is serving as temp fix. I've also got Starfy and a Goosebumps game for him.

D2: Played my necro BlackJack last night. Got Kalim's heart, the flail, and then sent Meph back to Hell! Now he's on ActIV Hell. I'd like to Pat him in the next few days along with Sozo, so I can make a 3 for 1 thread.

Books: No reading yesterday :(. Definitely going to be reading tonight though. With the rearrangement of my room I can now fit a nice folding chair by the window and prop my feet up on my bed to read. I've got another camping chair that I think will fit and would be nicer.

@Elmer: Why not? Do you read with your voice? A jaw is very different from tonsils too. Elaborate please :)

@Pijus The anesthetic really knocks you out and it takes awhile to get over it. Longer than you'd think. I brought books to read for my first surgery, and I went home the same day. And even when I was home about the only thing I read was a mag after a day. Second surgery I was in overnight and all I did was sleep. Even when I went home I slept alot for the next week. I didn't bother to keep any books that time (I still brought some but my parents took them back but they brought them the next day incase I was up to reading).

I can't imagine you'll be in for more than an overnight stay. You definitely won't be reading on the first day. There might be a slim chance you'll be up to it on the second day (you're right about tonsils being different than jaw), but they'll be booting you out as soon as they can (which will probably be right about when you'd be able to read anything). You might not even want to keep anything with you overnight so you don't have to worry about it being "misplaced." My shoes were left behind after my second surgery (how I'll never know as they never turned up). If the hospital brings newspapers around I'd think about just getting that.

All of that being said, make sure to ask your doc and the surgeon about recovery time as it may very well be quicker then I believe it will. They told me both times that I wouldn't be reading anything. I didn't listen and sure enough they were right. :whistling:

I can't imagine you'll be in for more than an overnight stay.

In Germany patients usually are staying for about 5 days to a week in the hospital after getting their tonsils removed. The reason is that there is a chance of a post-operative haemorrhage, which are only mild most of the time though. That's why in other countries they mostly do this surgery on an outpatient basis and advice the patient to visit the ER if the surgical area starts to bleed again. To prevent this, doctors usually advice you to limit strenuous activity and to not take any aspirin for the pain - but you probably already know that :D

The good thing is: Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream...oh, and did I mention ice cream? :whistling:

Yeah, the doctor told me that I'll have to limit physical exertion for 2 weeks, and keep it light for a little bit longer.

When they operated my wrist, I could read just fine. Granted, it wasn't the second I got out of the ER, but on the same day.

It was a different story with my transplantation. At first I was falling asleep every 5 minutes and dreaming I was no-clipping(walking through walls). I couldn't read because no one gave me any books, and I was kind of really in pain, and I had tubes in all kinds of places.

I don't think I had an aspirin in my life :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High