Want some suggestions about my Ww Hammer Barbarian

Amiron

Jan 29, 2004
Want some suggestions about my Ww Hammer Barbarian

Since the complete Ik Set only gives me 10 to magic damage reduce, I wonder if you have any suggestions on what i can do to reduce the damage further (both magical and meele) there are a little problem though imao. I dont wanna break the set.
And as it is now, ive changed the raven frost into a dwarf star ring, and my amulet to a another unique one (cant remember the name new one, but it has magic damage reduce) So what can i do to improve the damage reduce?
I want to solo without any big troubles in late hell diff (a5)

So whats your suggestions or opinions? :)

Use Wisp Projector, it gives you all the absorb you need...meaning lightning. Throw away the dwarf star and replace it either with that wisp or then revert back to using the raven frost which is 100 times better than dwarfstar

yeah u only really need lightning absorb/resits for those gloams and souls..
use a high % absorb wisp for your #2 ring slot and a ravenfrost or BK as your other ring... just my thoughts, further with the IK set u wont have any problems with defense and resits so i say go for a high % of res and sorb on lightning, that is basiclly all u need

edit: and again, borlag proves to be a better forum junkie then me :teeth:

There are three unique rings i dont have and one of the is that ring.
the others are Soj and the ring you have to cheat to obtain con ring, so i better start looking then i presume. :)

Unless you have ber runes I don't know of a way to can reduce the ammount of physical damage you take. Assuming your resis are all at 75%, elemental damage won't hurt you much, even gloams don't bother my IK Barb. (FE enemies can still kill him, though).

Magic Damage reduction is pretty worthless as far as I am concerned.

As for soloing Act 5... Well, the IK Set is certainly good enough to do that. The only thing my barb dies from is iron maiden, and there's not a lot you can do about that... :)

Nightfish said:
As for soloing Act 5... Well, the IK Set is certainly good enough to do that. The only thing my barb dies from is iron maiden, and there's not a lot you can do about that... :)

I can litterally die from almost every monster in a5, maybe it has something to do with the charms i use (still using what i found along the way), so maybe i should take a look at what i can change there.

Dont you use Berzerk when they cast IM on you?? that skill has saved my life many times in cs. since its magical, and IM only affects non magical damage. :)

Well, how often you die depends on how much life you have, too. Maxing BO along with having high vit makes sure I rarely die. As for me switching to berserk... Why bother? My IK Barb is in Softcore after all so I just keep whirling.

Amiron said:
Dont you use Berzerk when they cast IM on you?? that skill has saved my life many times in cs. since its magical, and IM only affects non magical damage. :)
I've tried that before. I was still getting smacked around by the IM when I hit something. They changed a lot of the rules. Leap Attack is no longer ranged, Berzerk can be affected by IM, and Inferno/Arctic Blast is all messed up.

My HC berserker never took damage from IM. As he did 1.8k-5.5k damage I'd assume he'd die if it worked, but he didn't even take damage. Maybe you just got hit by a regular attack, Raven?

I don't think so. I took a fully twinked out barb that I wanted to test what had changed through CS. I know I was IMed, the animation was swirling over my head. I take a swing at a Doom Knight and the little *bzzt* animation appears over me. It wasn't a lot of returned damage, but enough to make me wonder if Berzerk now workes like Magic Arrow...I think I even saw leech animation...I'll have to go test it again...

Nightfish said:
Well, how often you die depends on how much life you have, too. Maxing BO along with having high vit makes sure I rarely die. As for me switching to berserk... Why bother? My IK Barb is in Softcore after all so I just keep whirling.

I do got around 2700 when i used Bo (maxed) and ive also put some points into shout and Bc for the synergies. Most of my builds ar vitality based, so even this one. and its also a sc char. :)

Maybe this show how bad im actually is at this game :D

Oh... I don't want to embarrass you, but how do you manage that? My IK Barb usually doesn't die simply because there's nothing left alive after he makes his first pass... :teeth: You got to the last WW break point, right? Or maybe your AR is very low and you don't hit anything? That's about all I can think of... :scratch:

Nightfish said:
Oh... I don't want to embarrass you, but how do you manage that? My IK Barb usually doesn't die simply because there's nothing left alive after he makes his first pass... :teeth: You got to the last WW break point, right? Or maybe your AR is very low and you don't hit anything? That's about all I can think of... :scratch:

the big amount of life or dying so often? :D
With everything on i only have 152 into dex, so thats maybe it.
on my other weapon setup i got a stone crusher with dual shael, so i should have the last breakpoint. :)
And no, you dont embarass me.

Ravenforce3 said:
I don't think so. I took a fully twinked out barb that I wanted to test what had changed through CS. I know I was IMed, the animation was swirling over my head. I take a swing at a Doom Knight and the little *bzzt* animation appears over me. It wasn't a lot of returned damage, but enough to make me wonder if Berzerk now workes like Magic Arrow...I think I even saw leech animation...I'll have to go test it again...

My sword barb never had problem with berserk, I'm pretty sure IM does not work on zerk. maybe something to do with Bill Gates.

The ammount of life ain't that big, I can certainly see how that came to be. I was referring to the dying. But if you have 152 in dex that's probably the reason. I didn't place a single point in dex. Pushing dex for AR is always a bad idea. Those 100+ points you spent probably give you about 3-5% more chance to hit. At any rate it doesn't help much. You'd probably have been better of placing those points in vit and then getting some base AR from items. My whirler uses 2 angelic rings and the ammy. Works like a charm.

If you're going to be a whirler you will most likely max BO, WW, Mastery and Shout. I doubt you'll have enough points to max berserk, too. Especially if you add the prereqs and one point wonders. And maxing berserk doesn't make a lot of sense if you don't have some crowd control skills, imo. Leaving berserk at 1 is perfectly fine to deal with PIs. If you want it as your main attack you should build your barb around that. The result will look quite different from your average WW barb.

Nightfish said:
If you're going to be a whirler you will most likely max BO, WW, Mastery and Shout. I doubt you'll have enough points to max berserk, too. Especially if you add the prereqs and one point wonders. And maxing berserk doesn't make a lot of sense if you don't have some crowd control skills, imo. Leaving berserk at 1 is perfectly fine to deal with PIs. If you want it as your main attack you should build your barb around that. The result will look quite different from your average WW barb.

thnx for your last reply to me, i think im gonna try that and see what happens, but the reason why i put that amount of points into Dex is for blocking, i hadnt decided if i should go with mace and shield, or a pure ik set when i started. :) And now to the quote

Why max shout??, if yo build your char with a few points into Iron skin and a and shout youll still have a golod char. (dont forget to put some into Bc if you use that build though)

Shout raises my and my merc's defence which keeps me from getting hit all the time. Shout gives the same bonus per point as iron skin but it gives it to both me and my merc and it increases the duration of my other war cries.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High