Uniqes vs Rares

Re: Uniqes vs Rares

does the classification "unique" bother anyone else when compared to the actual items themselves? for instance a ton of people have vipermagi's but a "rare" serpentskin armor with 24fhr/2os/10 life is truely a unique item (if somewhat useless in the grand scheme of things).

i am just of the opinion that gold items should be "rare" (since many people can have them) and yellow items should be "unique" since every one is different in any number of ways from any other yellow item. anyone else think this way?

As usual, I agree with CDM. The yellow items are the true unique items..

I've found 4 shakos this season and they've all been eth (one in the same game as an eth NW).

On the debate topic, from a purely diffinitive point of view strictly speaking rares are unique and uniques are just rare. You can quite easily find the same unique twice. (you can even do this in the same game, and before you smartasses state that the same unique cant drop twice in a game, it can, just has to be off the same monster at the same time) But you can't (well you can but it wont happen) find the same rare item twice in all the games u will ever play and all the rares you will ever come across.

does the classification "unique" bother anyone else when compared to the actual items themselves? for instance a ton of people have vipermagi's but a "rare" serpentskin armor with 24fhr/2os/10 life is truely a unique item (if somewhat useless in the grand scheme of things)

this has bugged me for a long time.

that said, i'm a huge fan of nice rares. i wish it were possible to make an all-rares 200FCR sork and i also wish it was possible to get rare weapons that can compete with some of the runewords.

imho: Rares should have the potential to be the godliest itamz in any equipment slot instead of icky dupe-words.

somewhere on this board is a guy that's got an awesome rare only barb...

rares are pretty good on classic, but expansion uniques pretty much put them to rest

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High