Uber Dtalon - Best Possible Weapon?

Re: Uber Dtalon - Best Possible Weapon?

does anyone use famine berserker axe? the magic damage added seems pretty good for kicks if you have enough cb already.

180-200 magic
50-200 fire
51-250 lightning
50-200 cold

yup used it and realised there wasn't a point when Azure is a superior out of two weapons. higher min dmg (250 from magic, 250 from cold) to slightly lower max (500, 500) and stats, and ias, and +1 skill. and THE aura. (mainly the aura)
i gotta find a use for it...its rotting in mule :S

I have to ask because this has bothered me for a while, why ETH versions? Kicks don't use base weapon damage unless I'm really missing something so..... What build uses eth stormlash's? Blade builds? I see them going for HR's occasionally. If it's just for style, someone shoot me.

btw, I use fleshripper since I have one, works nicely :tongue: Of course, now I'm converting her to a rift-a-sin so guess which weapon I'm using. :tongue:

About famine, I see no real reason to use this over Azure. Speed/Aura/Elemental damage/1 skill/stats... is all crazy good reasons to use it.

I have to ask because this has bothered me for a while, why ETH versions? Kicks don't use base weapon damage unless I'm really missing something so..... What build uses eth stormlash's? Blade builds? I see them going for HR's occasionally. If it's just for style, someone shoot me.

Well they do add 50% more damage on the weapon. Blade Fury and Kicks doesn't use durability so that wont affect you(if you don't get mana burned or something that is).

I'm however starting to belive that Blade Shield does use durability since I've lost 3 points dura in pvp so far. Quite sure I read that somewhere. Not really such a big loss for me but would be nice to know.

If it's just for style, someone shoot me.

I would say this is a major factor for me. I'm also using eth Flail cta / eth Monarch even if I have more then spare points in str/dex for regular ones.

Eth = Style :wink2:

About famine, I see no real reason to use this over Azure. Speed/Aura/Elemental damage/1 skill/stats... is all crazy good reasons to use it.

ah yeah... im only 74 atm so i was looking into other weapons that could help get me up to 82-85 to use stormlash or azure.

So is Jah a good rune for stormlash or azure?

Last edited:

Jah is an amazing rune in any weapon :)

You can always use Crescent Moon / Lawbringer / Lightsabre / Wizspike(Ress and speed) / Fleshripper. I would probably use them for pvm in that order. Crescent/Law is kinda equal, guess it depends on playstyle.

Well, I go for eth hotos/cta's if I can, but paying HR's instead of a Pul for something like stormlash is beyond me :tongue:

However, kicks don't use on weapon ED or base weapon damage do they? The formula's I've seen don't list weapon damage as a factor so....

Well, I go for eth hotos/cta's if I can, but paying HR's instead of a Pul for something like stormlash is beyond me :tongue:
huh?

you do realise that a Stormlash is one of the rarer items in this game don't you?

i paid a mint for mine early last ladder. never regretted getting that little beasty. hands down the best pvm kick weapon ever.

Er... I meant I've seen stormlashs go for pul-um, but eth ones go for multiple HR's (High runes Purkel). I know storm is an awesome kicker weapon :grin: my question was just why eth ones are so much more valued. Since, as far as I can tell, the only bonus is style, unless you are a kicker/bladesin.

huh?

you do realise that a Stormlash is one of the rarer items in this game don't you?

i paid a mint for mine early last ladder. never regretted getting that little beasty. hands down the best pvm kick weapon ever.

Makes me wish I didn't sell my Eth one to a forum member.

The huge speed difference would be one thing.

Whats the huge diff? if you make it in a PB that's -30 wep speed, scourge is -10, and stormlash gives you 30 ias.

How does that work out? I don't know the difference between base weapon speed and the effects on IAS.

But is 30 ias worth the massive loss of crushing blow, the % chance to cast procs (lifetap), and might aura?

Whats the huge diff? if you make it in a PB that's -30 wep speed, scourge is -10, and stormlash gives you 30 ias.

How does that work out? I don't know the difference between base weapon speed and the effects on IAS.

But is 30 ias worth the massive loss of crushing blow, the % chance to cast procs (lifetap), and might aura?

Ooops, I totally forgot PBs went up to 6os. Yep, you're right, I think a PB LW would be faster than SL.

Well, one downside would be the low level fade kicking in. And you'd be missing the static field, which is going to affect a range rather than just one target.

For ubers LW is maybe a little better than Stormlash, but for general PvM the static on Stormlash simply blows LW away.

Stormlash is a little faster than LW (without any other IAS): it hits exactly 9/3 kicks, while a LW PB comes a little short and only reaches 10/4.

1: CtC Static Charge
2: speed
3: no having your fade overwritten.
4: CtC Static Charge.

seriously, that CtC Static is just AWESOME

Ok. I can understand the static, in regular PVM, but less in ubers. The speed...how much difference does the 30 IAS make sicne it has a lower base speed than a PB? Can any explain to me the difference between on weapon IAS, regular IAs, and base weapon speed? What does it all mean? How much faster is it than PB LW?

The fade thing seems pretty trivial since you can just recast it and do really sacrifice much time, but I can see it being annoying, at times.

Ok. I can understand the static, in regular PVM, but less in ubers. The speed...how much difference does the 30 IAS make sicne it has a lower base speed than a PB? Can any explain to me the difference between on weapon IAS, regular IAs, and base weapon speed? What does it all mean? How much faster is it than PB LW?
I already gave you the speeds for each without any extra IAS.

Except for wereform attacks and whirlwind there is no difference between IAS on weapon or from other kinds of gear. Speed breakpoints are written in EIAS (you can find these in the IAS sticky somewhere below the IAS tables).

The total amount of EIAS is calculated by the following formula:

Code:
EIAS = [IAS from skills] - WSM + (120*[IAS from gear])/(120 + [IAS from gear])
The results is always rounded down.

For a LW PB with a level 0 BoS and no other IAS this gives:

EIAS = 0 - (-30) + 120*0/(120+0) = 30. If you look this up in the EIAS tables you will come to 10/4 kicks.

For a Stormlash with the same conditions you get:

EIAS = 0 - -(10) + 120*30/(120+30) = 34. This is exactly enough to hit 9/3 kicks.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High