Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread September 2015

P7/8 >>> anything else.
Also as for "strong" monsters, they are to be ignored in LK. If they block chest, it is sometimes more profitable to not open that chest, but rather proceed to the next one. In time you kill those monsters you could as well open 3 other chests, so ignoring monsters is usually best course of action when running LK.

P7/8 >>> anything else.
Also as for "strong" monsters, they are to be ignored in LK. If they block chest, it is sometimes more profitable to not open that chest, but rather proceed to the next one. In time you kill those monsters you could as well open 3 other chests, so ignoring monsters is usually best course of action when running LK.

This is true... if you're a puny coward of a man who's afraid of a challenge.

P7/8 >>> anything else.

This is true... if you're a puny coward of a man who's afraid of a challenge.

My run times are always so bad, because if a boss pack spawns near the chests, habit takes over and I have to at a minimum kill the boss. I can't ignore them.

I needed 10 years to overcome that urge. However, I'm still taking great risks to avoid using up potions because I hate it if the belt isn't 100% filled up. At least I could force myself most of the time to stop collecting extra potions in the inventory for quick belt refills.

@krischan It is even better running LK with a half filled belt. Several patterns do fill the screen by quite a bit. If you grab a potion multiple items could be displayed. When digging it is far better for your runtime grabbing potions and scrolls instead of gold. Teleporting to the right doesn't always display everything. If your belt isn't full the potions appear in your belt instead of your inventory.

@d2ayyy Congrats on the runes. As I read it, there used to be a difference in player setting depending on which rune you wanted to find in earlier patches, but now you just want to run on /p8 to increase your odds for HRs. I'm not entirely sure though, so I hope that someone will pop in and give a conclusive answer.

@pharphis Nice finds. But you already posted that Darforce Spawn in your previous post :).
Derp. Also, looking at it now I see my ilvls are missing... is this a formatting issue from gomule or something?

When the screen is full, I'm picking up gold, that's usually enough to see everything (and my LK sorc has a rather good GF bonus), else I'm running back and forth a bit.

BTW, it probably uses up less time to ignore what can't be seen and produce new chest drops instead, but I can't stand the thought that there might be a nice piece of loot in the pile :)

Derp. Also, looking at it now I see my ilvls are missing... is this a formatting issue from gomule or something?

Nope, that's because of the forum filter. Apparantly the number you get when multiplying 11 by 8 can have a negative meaning, or to be more precise, association, so it gets filtered out. At least I think it's that number. I know it's something in the 80s.

Key is to do combination of teleporting right while checking drops as well as wait for orange flash to appear when opening chest. I think such flash is always obvious and is really hard to miss. Even more, when it happens, it is usually so obvious you can tell what rune it is even if you saw it for just a few frames. When not, then dig it up to check what it is. If you are uncertain in orange flashes method, then you have to do such picking gold/drinking potions method.

Hm, found a fireball Ormus with 12% fire dmg. Not bad I guess.

I'm about 2 dozen runs away from reaching level 95, and other than the 9/20 sc I found I haven't found anything useful since I started at lvl 94... Highest rune = pul.

Probably switching to my sorc afterwards.

Been running a bit of everything with windy and trapsin (only 2 chars still I can mf with in 1.13 atm), and Dia is trying to lure me back in despite my lack of time:

Code:
Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One Hand Damage: 106 - 120
Indestructible
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0x51625f6f
Item Level: 94
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Level 12 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
+1 to All Skills
+30% Increased Attack Speed
243% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250 - 500 Magic Damage
Adds 250 - 500 Cold Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
All Stats +10
+3 to Light Radius 

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 183
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x6ffc6e99
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage
+131 Defense

Lizard's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xef5f2d82
Item Level: 88
+18 to Life
+6 to Mana

Pain Spur
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 35
Durability: 8 of 12
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x23ec7806
Item Level: 88
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+8 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 25%
Lightning Resist +40%
Fire Resist +37%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

That's more than I found in months before :D.

Found this sorc weap while doing meph runs, i think it beats all weap I found thus far for my future sorc!

Did some morning meph runs. And this dropped. :eek:

Probably the best drop I've gotten thus far in my short single player career!

Today's my lucky day!!! :eek:

Anyway, back on topic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we share the same sentiments; however, use of an unaccepted mod as far as this forum is concerned, makes for tainted (illegitimate) items and characters.

Back on topic: I now have 2 1.07 shakos and 4 Tal Rasha armors. I'm going to have to decide if I'm forwarding one of my three sorceresses meant for forwarding from 1.00 soon. However, I'd probably be better off leveling one of them further in 1.00 (since I can make full games in hell there and not in 1.07 due to lack of rushed characters). I have one of them at lvl 79 and two lvl 76. One of the lvl 76 ones are going to 1.09 to investigate the patch. One probably to 1.10a to look for BKWB. The lvl 79 one could use 12 more levels before she's much use in crafting, but that's a HELL of a run in 1.00....

To piggy back on what Treeharl is saying, I think we can do a better job of helping new players understand what they need to do in cases where they have been playing with a banned mod and now want to be a part of the community.

I think we do a great job of pointing out and reporting banned mods. But not so good a job of explaining those players would need to do a fresh restart, and they can mule but should use X instead of Y. And they can still have ladder rune words but they need to use X....

I read through the last couple pages and only now Fabian makes a constructive suggestion for what d2ayyy can do moving forward rather than what he shouldn't be doing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK clean up done and PMs will be going out in a moment. If you have had a post deleted, please check your PM box.

Just a reminder to all, please just report the post and leave out the commentary. It draws attention to the issue, derails the thread and leaves more to clean up. If the forum is on fire, feel free to PM Noodle (EG pr0n), this doesn't qualify.

I thought the stickies did mention to PM me before MP/trading if you've used a banned mod. I've certainly gone through restarts with people who have done so.

No, printing a list of banned mods won't happen.

Right back to finding goodies. :)

View attachment 3413

Lower Kurast has finally coughed up enough runes to make this :)

Not very useful for the price, but runeword grail is grail so it had to be made.

Now down to BotD, HoJ, Last Wish and Pride. Back on the grind.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High