Tuesdaily

John Remedy

Jul 17, 2007
Tuesdaily

Happy Shrove Tuesday. Happy International Women's Day.

RL: Rather motivated today, despite only having five hours sleep and being woken up by traffic. Spent an hour applying for a bank job, thanks to exact personal details being required. Ah well. Made phonecalls to my family, tidied the house, did some work on Samantha's netbook. Got to fill out the national census later. Not looking forward to that. Lots of stuff to do on the PC as well.

D2: Trav runs and MP, most likely. My Enchantress is not doing well at all.

OVG: My stupid friends organised an L4D game last night, loaded it up, and then went AFK for two hours. Sigh. I'll play a bit of TF2.

Re: Tuesdaily

@FE: so your girlfriend did not hesitate either to point out to you too that it's Women's Day today, huh? ;)

RL: did a beard trim yesterday, and messed it up. Took off too much on the sides, which leaves me looking a bit scraggly. I can't be bothered to shave it all off, though - I'll just leave it like that for a month and it'll recover.

I'm also saving for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, and until last month I was about $ 250 short. With my wages from February I'd have saved enough, if it weren't for the car tax papers I got in the mail yesterday... A whopping $ 420, just so I can drive around my tiny-engined car (2l, 136 hp) on the broken-down roads over here. Gah. I'm rather annoyed by this. We're no more than cash cows for our blatantly incompetent government (I live in Belgium. Yes, the same country that recently broke the world record for not having formed a government).

D2: archon plates seem to be rather elusive. Despite countless hours to the contrary (with 0 mf), I've yet to find a single one. I've found oodles of other elite armors. I have more dusk shrouds, scarab husks and wyrm hides than I care to count. I'm tempted to settle for one of the low def archon plates I have lying around (to make Enigma). I do have a 515 def archon plate, but it's unsocketed and I'd rather save it for CoH later on (guaranteed 4 sockets with Larzuk) than take my changes of getting 3 sockets with the cube.

I was informed of International Women's Day (IWD) by the local Christian radio station I listen to, and by someone on Facebook, who pointed out that surely it was chauvinistic irony that pancake day was on the same day as IWD. My GF has no idea it's IWD, she's far more excited about pancakes.

I'd love a 2l car, but I wouldn't like to pay for it. Mine is 1.3l, maybe ~80hp, when I really wanted a 1.0 or 1.1 as my first car, but I'm grateful for the tiny boost of speed, just not the insurance payments.

RL: Car maintenance today. A lot easier than I thought it would be so that has me in a good mood. Need to get a haircut, SA's post about trimming just reminded me.

Will be onto pancakes later. I'm more of a lemon and sugar kind of guy, whereas the GF is all about choc chips and syrup. It's a burden I have to bear...

D2: Nothing planned at the moment, but MP sounds good. I'm looking at you FE!

OVG: Finishing off the last few missions on ME2 with my Femshep. I know I said that about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't actually played any ME2 in the last 2 weeks. May bust out some FIFA later on to get me in the mood for the evening's football.

RL: Nothing much. Took care of 1 article of paperwork. That's pretty much it.

D2: Patted my druid this morning. Too lazy to write it up though. Did a few p3 hell cows with him.

OVG: I don't know. Maybe Magicka? Someone on my steam friends list was playing it today.

RL: In Sweden it's also Semmel-dagen: a semla is a cake consisting of a bun split in half and filled with whipped cream, marzipan and then covered with powered suger on top. I like it very much! :) The IWD I can really see the benefit from: considering Sweden is number 4 on equal contries and we still have some horrible statistics...

I also watched the Buffy episode in season 6 that freaks my out every time. (Normal again for those who know it) and I hate it but have to watch it...

D2: My frost zealot is now starting act 5 Hell. Killing Diablo was easy. Killing Hephasto was a nightmare! (or hell I should say...) Took an eternity and I had to spend way too much money resurrecting my merc. But I got an Ist for it! Success!

Apparently it is also national pie week here in britain. Woman making pancake pie seems like the order of the day.

RL: Tired, went to class. Time to make some kind of ridiculous sandwhich before i meet the gf and go play some poker. Have some big exciting news in the works, but that will wait for confimation. Also exam tomorrow, should probably actually learn some law.

D2: I doubt it.

RL: Done with work for the day. Dinner almost ready. After a busy week and weekend this week is a bit more relaxed. Did my taxes this weekend which isn't as bad as it sounds since it means i get money back. Hard to take my mind of a potentially new computer when thinking of that. Also gonna spend a part of it to reduce my mortgage loan a bit. Reduction in interest to be paid will be relatively small but every bit helps.
Don't think i'll be doing much the rest of this day. Maybe playing some D2 and watching some tv. Barca - Arsenal is on tonight if i'm not mistaken. Should be interesting.

D2: Maybe do some Baalruns with the lightsorc. Yesterday was great. Finally found a HR, a sur, from LK after 8553 runs (see IFT). Not sure when i'll run there some more, but i hope next HR doesn't take nearly as long.

... car (2l, 136 hp) on ...
Is the 136 the number of hitpoints of your car? I hope you're not playing HC with that :badteeth:

Last edited:

RL: Forgot to take my work clothes with me before leaving the house yesterday. Hopefully I don't make the same mistake again today. :rolleyes: Continuing to study for my Calculus test on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to it, that is for sure.

D2: Won't have time I'm afraid.

OVG: I [highlight]finally[/highlight] finished Zuma's Revenge today. Both level 57 and level 60 were an absolute beast. I might replay the adventure mode just for kicks, but I doubt I'll go any further in the Challenge mode or the newly unlocked even harder Heroic Frog or Iron Frog.

You all reminded me that I need to do taxes and get my car registered soon. ...They make 1L cars? May be good for driving around the city, but I can't imagine it on a highway... and no, just because I'm an American, it doesn't mean I've got a pick up truck with a V8 & and hemi. Probably a 1.9 or 2.1 four-cylinder weaksauce sedan.

RL: Work's done, hooray for that. No plans tonight; got stuff on the DVR to watch and a greasy burger waiting for me, but that's it. Life's rather unexciting as of late. Not complaining, just observing.

D2: It's been a week or two since I've given it any serious play time because--

OVG: --I started Titan Quest: Immortal Throne recently. Beat ActI late last night with a Hunter/Nature bow-wielder with wolves. Pretty tough boss battles when going solo so far, and it felt much longer than ActI of D2. I'm interested in what all the builds can actually do. Installing a different game tonight, though, so it might take a while before I find out.

I am a Canadian without a pancake on IPD; I am quite ashamed of myself at this moment.

RL: Today consisted of an easy midterm and several hours of trying to teach friends how basic finances work. I have no idea why, but I seem to be the only person in the class capable of performing simple royalty calculations. As a result, people all around me seem to be intent on panicking and assembling study groups in the vain hope that such actions will be beneficial. Unfortunately, the effectiveness of a study group is dependent on whether or not someone within the group actually knows what they are talking about. Personally, I find the whole situation rather humourous.

D2: My Spirit Tournament Sin is on a roll, but I feel like taking a break, so I will probably just end up gambling for +2 Skill amulets with my Classic Barb.

OVG: There are a few that I want to play, but I cannot seem to break free of D2's grasp.

@TRM: Be careful with trying different builds in Titan Quest. Steam says I've played it for 197 hours, but I still have not reached nightmare :whistling:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High