Trying to wrap my mind around TC's, help please!

Feb 3, 2011
After mfing with my sorc for a couple months, I decided it was time to do it efficiently and learn how TC's work. I briefly looked over them, and I while I don't have the time tonight to completely read the extremely in-depth guides that's on this site, I kinda got the jist of it. Kinda.

However, there's one thing I don't completely understand. Charm, and jewel drops. They're both under the Jewelry TC, yes? Since they both can only be at least magic if they drop, mf doesn't affect their drop rate? I ask this because I'm currently running norm/nm cows to look for lld jewels/charms, and if I can increase my killing speed and still find the same number of jewels/charms I would be very happy. Plus, it would help my odds in finding an ethereal Gothic Plate!

Thanks

Last edited:
MF doesn't affect what base item gets picked from the TCs. It only comes to play after the base has been selected. So yes, you can remove your MF gear since charms and jewels always drop at least magical.

Yep, thank you. Unfortunately i'm low on powerful gear since it's SP and I'm still early in my "career". It's much easier for me to forgo mf completely and lose the chance to find more rare jewels/amulets/rings in trading for more magic jewels/charms. I need need need to find some good LLD charms/jewels.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High