Tournament: 1.07 HC SP Untwinked, etc. *Feeler Thread*

logoutzero

Nov 9, 2005
Hi guys!

There are at least a handful of HC guys that want to get into 1.07, but it sucks. Big time. Also, there are a couple already well established 1.07 players, and even a couple HC ones if I am correct.

Well, I thought a tournament might be a good way to force us to drudge through this tough, and boring, patch. MP helps, but finding adequate MP time is getting rough again.

So, with that said, I think a Single Pass, Untwinked, Hardcore tourney is a great fit! We could even do a prize pool if we wanted, but, not really a big point IMO.

The idea is, that with everyone posting updates, and generally helping eachother with "Hey, watch out for this, I just cleared it and it was ROUGH!" type of stuff would really help those of us that want to get established in 1.07.

We could do the typical scoring system, lowest level/first Guardian wins, etc. But, I think even just a low pressure competition is just the thing to help me stay focused, on what is otherwise basically painful gameplay.

Anyone down for this?

Did you get 1.07 working? Awesome!

Also, MFO might be a bit silly in 1.07, since all it is is a rush to get to 500-some odd MF to get all the uniques. A racking competition might be a bit better, or rather, more suited for 1.07.

MP walkthroughs in 1.07 sound great, but, as you know, it's hard to get people together on a consistent basis...

Eh, single-pass is too hard in 1.07, especially if you don't multi.dll
That being said I have been leveling...

Guardian single pass (/p1) is almost literally impossible. I'm not even sure if there's more than one (?) character who has any chance just because of certain... fun things.

EDIT: You are free to prove me wrong obviously.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High