To the Mafia Players

Re: To the Mafia Players

Have you guys ever tried to re-read the "In A Mirror Darkly" mafia game you played? It makes my head want to explode. There are like 4 different people talking in gibberish/code. It's only day 1 (well 2, but there was a day 0) and I'm on page 54. Wow!

I wasn't too happy with the way that game went.

Thyiad did not help the game much and If I recall, one new person dropped and another got banned. So things got screwed up.

People talking in gibberish/code is usually some sort of post restriction or a fake thereof.

The star trek one mentioned above was my first game and the most fun I've had in a mafia game I think. Probably because it was my first game. It was just too weird and I was really nervous the entire time.

When Ivan blew up I was hooked.

We spend an inordinate amount of time (at least I did) trying to crack that code and it was all a sham. One of the better played special roles, and one of the few that worked out as intended I've seen.

Last edited:

I did his role on purpose. I figured someone would suggest trying to lynch whoever got the role. I forget who's bright idea it was that got three people killed.

As I recall, Noodle loved his role too.

hmm Mafia games were pretty fun for me :] I only played in 2 I believe (this being my third) and I have to say my favorite was the one hosted by Bad Ash :D I almost got killed by the wheel but lucky me, I was saved by a doc and since then, I had almost a perfect hiding spot with most of the town being convinced that I was on their side :) It was of course too perfect to last too long... I got killed on the second attempt of killing >.>

P.S. Remember NOT TO EDIT YOUR POSTS!.... I've ALMOST done it 3 times this game -.- Once I actually pressed on edit but before I did anything I had to hit cancel XD

I'm a bit partial to my diablo themed one, even though it didn't turn out as expected. That's the main lesson you learn as a host: However you plan the game to turn out, it'll go completely wrong.

It ended with a sorceress role-blocker and Diablo stuck in a stalemate (couldn't lynch each other, sorceress froze diablo each night to prevent a kill)

I planned one of my games with a mason group and a mafia spy within the mason group. The spy got killed the first night.

I planned one of my games with a mason group and a mafia spy within the mason group. The spy got killed the first night.

i think TC and i had one as well when we hosted a game.

ITY was the spy. im looking thru my notes, but i can't seem to find how ITY died... i think it was a "freak accident" or something. TC, did he slip on a banana peel? i can't remember...

Mara won that game. he was the SK Magog. :)

Gorny's games are always massively complicated and hugely enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. That Star Trek one of Gorny's was hugely enjoyable to play. Must have been a bit wild to follow from the sidelines, too. :thumbup:

The current game of Zarni's makes for enjoyable reading, I love the write-ups.

i think TC and i had one as well when we hosted a game.

ITY was the spy. im looking thru my notes, but i can't seem to find how ITY died... i think it was a "freak accident" or something. TC, did he slip on a banana peel? i can't remember...

Mara won that game. he was the SK Magog. :)

I killed him last.

Leo! Bay-BAY! <slaps bottom>

[A-hem]

Er ... how you been? <shuffles feet>

It's not my handprint! You all saw that, right?

It's all going to hell in a handbasket, Leo, work just gets crazier by the week. It'll calm down one of these days. (yeah, likely)

<reaches for popcorn>

Our mafia games suck because I tend to die. :mad:

My personal favourite has to be the one with all the movie killers etc. as I was one Orphan away from personally guiding everyone to a bottomless pit and nailing a SK victory. God damnit, I still bear a grudge for that. :D

edit: would you look at that, I'm dead again. :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High