Question + to Lucky Hit stacking

Strider

May 26, 2020
Just when I think I understand how this works I then think no I don't.

Playing rogue and if I am using Invigorating strike and imbue my weapons with Enhanced Cold Imbuement

Primary Invigorating Strike
Invigorating Strike additionally grants + 8% Lucky Hit Chance. Hitting a Crowd Controlled or Injured enemy increases this bonus to + 16% Lucky Hit Chance.

Enhanced Cold Imbuement
Lucky Hit: Cold Imbued Skills have up to a 30% chance to make enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds.

Is this Lucky Hit stacking? Will I get 38% chance to make enemies vulnerable?

What it looks like to me and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,

"Invigorating Strike additionally grants + 8% Lucky Hit Chance. Hitting a Crowd Controlled or Injured enemy increases this bonus to + 16% Lucky Hit Chance."
-- this will give you 16% lucky hit chance that will stack with other things that give + lucky hit chance

"
Enhanced Cold Imbuement
Lucky Hit: Cold Imbued Skills have up to a 30% chance to make enemies Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
"
-- this triggers when you proc a lucky hit after the procing of the lucky hit you will then have a 30% chance to make enemies vulnerable for 3 seconds the skill will have to be cold imbued to get this effect.

oh ok. Thanks for the response.

So it gets quite diluted in the end. It's important to get the LHC as high as possible in the first place. I find Lucky Hit pretty confusing.

Yeah, "Lucky Hit" took me a while to grasp as well. I watched a video by Rhyyker, which delved into some of the mechanics in detail.

Link to Rhyyker video

From my experience, when the LHC (Lucky Hit Chance) is around 50%, things seem to proc at a consistent rate.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Rush
You just multiply the %s together: base skill %chance * LH proc rate * (1+ all lucky hit bonuses)
So, Invigorating Strike is 50% base on the skill, a 30% proc rate on cold imbue, and a conditional +16% vs CC'd.
0.5 * 0.3 * 1.16 = 17.4% overall chance
if you had say, 40% LH from gear, you'd add that together with the conditional 16%.
0.5 * 0.3 * (1 + 0.16 + 0.4) = 23.4% overall chance

Reactions: Rush
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High