tips on beating diablo in act 3 for diablo 2 as a druid summoner/elemental hybrid

lordwarwolf

Nov 14, 2019
yea i really could use some tips on how the heck to beat him, i just recently found my old diablo 2 battle chest with all the install discs and the expansion , i made it to the area where he spawns :| died like 3 times 1 time at each area to activate the seals and when i got to him he outright murdered my dire wolves (lvl 5) heart of the wolverine (lvl 2) and my act 3 merc with 1 attack i cant even make a dent in his hp and im lvl 27 :| i have a few peices of unique gear but its not enough he still shreds me i haven't died to him myself yet because i spawn a freaking town portal and make a run for it when im low on hp or potions so do u guys have any advice? if need be i can get the information on my current equipment but otherwise i cant even freaking kill him

But seriously, the problem I'd expect to see for a new/untwinked wind druid would be survivability because Diablo hits so hard. You should be able to put a dent in him, even if actually finishing him off requires a lot of running away and healing. I'd suggest an Act 2 merc instead of an Act 3 merc, but at this point, your merc might not have enough survivability to contribute much anyway.

You might want to grind to level 30 so that you have access to Summon Grizzly. It won't tank Diablo for very long, but it should last long enough for you to run up behind Diablo, spam Tornado at him, and then run away. Even at lower levels Tornado hits pretty hard. Should easily be sufficient to kill /players1 Normal Diablo.

Well, if you are playing lord of destruction, i suggest running the countess. It should help you collect a few runes that you can use for crafting a couple of runewords, such as lore, rhyme and stealth.

Well, if you are playing lord of destruction, i suggest running the countess. It should help you collect a few runes that you can use for crafting a couple of runewords, such as lore, rhyme and stealth.

Good luck getting Sol and Shael rune from normal countess :)

That sounds like a lot of work for a mediocre runeword item that might become obsolete in Act 5 anyway. Normal Diablo can be a pain, but he's quite beatable.

Yeah for one Sol its 81 Ral runes and for one Shael its 243 :)
Yes, but you can always pick up some of the runes you find outside of the countess, and cube them up to the runes you need for crafting the runewords. Its not illegal to think outside of the box, when you play a game like diablo.

Last edited:
You don't need that Ral or Sol rune yet. All you need is lightning and fire resist. At L27 and with all quests done so far, you have 30 skill point, enogh for 4 in tornado, 15-20 in its synergies and 1 or more in cyclone armor, oak sage, carrion vine (useless versus Diablo though, he destroys all corpses before appearing) and dire wolf. Lure him off the pentagram, so you have room to move around. Then get close to him, perhaps two steps away and make sure that your tornados hit. If he breathes or pours out his firestorm (get accustomed to the gestures he's doing just before), then RUN, but in a curve, so he doesn't hit you in full. His bone prisons can be destroyed with a single tornado or two. Recast oak sage and cyclone armor if necessary and have a couple of life and mana potions with you.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High