Thursday (with no other fancy additives!)

Ryondaahl: Actually you only have a 34 level head start on the druid. I have a very neglected werewolf at the start of Act I Hell. Course that still means I have around 3 billion XP to go...

As for the Valor, I expect both the druid and one or other of the barbs will use it when they hit level 85. (I tend to swap gear around a lot).

Chris

bhaalistik said:
Nightfish - D2 = no sense :lol:....what's the world coming to??!!

Dunno, I think I read something once about the duration of burning being indirectly proportional to the brightness of the flame. (did that make sense? :scratch: Yes, I think it did.) Maybe I burned quite bright. :lol:

bhaalistik said:
But if that's the case, feel free to ship all your items to [email protected]
Hehehehe....hope you get back into the swing of things again Fishy!

Don't get your hopes up too high on those items, though... I have a tendency to replay games again even after many years. Final Fantasy 3, for example. Has been around since the early ninties and I can see myself playing that one again. So, even if I should "quit" Diablo in the (near?) future I probably won't give away my grail-1, and my good HC items. (like my perfect steeldriver o_O)

Well, right now I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2. Quite different from D2 but I like it. At the moment the Demogorgon is mopping the floor with my party, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :teeth:

Nightfish said:
Well, right now I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2. Quite different from D2 but I like it. At the moment the Demogorgon is mopping the floor with my party, maybe I'm doing something wrong. :teeth:

Wow! I don't know Baldur's Gate, but I know D&D pretty well and if Demogorgon is anywhere near as strong as he is in the books I am not surprised that he is mopping the floor with your party. What level is your party at? Is he the end boss or is there more to come?

cheers and have fun,

Ryondaahl

Icebird said:
Ryondaahl: Actually you only have a 34 level head start on the druid. I have a very neglected werewolf at the start of Act I Hell. Course that still means I have around 3 billion XP to go...
Chris

Ah, another one on the list for the Neglected Patriarch group ;-) What does your list look like at the moment? I know most of them are up to Hell Cows now but I'd like to check out the competition...

cheers,

Ryondaahl

I only have three active 1.09 characters that haven't reached Mat or Pat yet - a charged boltress, the werewolf, and my new titan spearbarb. I haven't decided whether the new barb or the iron frenzier will get the "going for 99" duties yet. (The frenzier feels pretty similar to the paladin, and variety helps make the task more interesting). Not sure whether I'll finish the boltress - I have a meteor sorc who toasts cows just fine.

Chris

Ryondaahl said:
Wow! I don't know Baldur's Gate, but I know D&D pretty well and if Demogorgon is anywhere near as strong as he is in the books I am not surprised that he is mopping the floor with your party.

He's not really the end boss. Merely the end boss of a quest. (Though he is by far the toughest enemy in the game, and there's a semiofficial patch to make him even harder. I won't use that until after I can take the regular one...) Actually you don't really have to fight him, you can also seal him with a spell of some sort, but what am I? Chicken? :D

Ryondaahl said:
What level is your party at? Is he the end boss or is there more to come?

The level of my party varies as some classes level faster than others. My main character is level 24, he's a sorcerer. Some of my sidekicks are already past 30.

Icebird said:
I only have three active 1.09 characters that haven't reached Mat or Pat yet - a charged boltress, the werewolf, and my new titan spearbarb. I haven't decided whether the new barb or the iron frenzier will get the "going for 99" duties yet. Not sure whether I'll finish the boltress - I have a meteor sorc who toasts cows just fine.

Chris

So what are the 7 highest levels at the moment? My Javazon Athena is trailing my Bowazon Armella by 5 or 6 levels, but as soon as she hits the Hell Cows I think she will zip past most of my other characters. Armella will probably get MF duty because Ãrpád is getting back in kill-mode as soon as I get a Doombringer from somewhere :) Sky, the FO/Meteor sorc is going strong in Act IV NM and I am aiming for level 65-70 by the end of the weekend.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

Nightfish said:
He's not really the end boss. Merely the end boss of a quest. (Though he is by far the toughest enemy in the game, and there's a semiofficial patch to make him even harder. I won't use that until after I can take the regular one...) Actually you don't really have to fight him, you can also seal him with a spell of some sort, but what am I? Chicken? :D

The level of my party varies as some classes level faster than others. My main character is level 24, he's a sorcerer. Some of my sidekicks are already past 30.

This game is based on 2nd or 3rd Edition rules? Level 25 average should give you a fighting chance depending on how many minions he's got. I wonder if this game is also available for the Mac, it sounds pretty interesting. Can you also MP with it or is it purely SP?

cheers,

Ryondaahl

Nightfish said:
My period of not playing D2 continues. :) Strange, once you stop you can't really start again. Kinda the opposite of potatoe chips. :scratch: Ah well, maybe I can get back into D2 once I'm done with the games I'm playing right now.

Actually, I fully understand how you feel. Right after Forum Crash (FC) 2, I had no incentive to play or post so I was gone for a few months. Let's just say I rediscovered all my old Playstation games, much to my delight.

--T

Ryondaahl said:
This game is based on 2nd or 3rd Edition rules? Level 25 average should give you a fighting chance depending on how many minions he's got. I wonder if this game is also available for the Mac, it sounds pretty interesting. Can you also MP with it or is it purely SP?

cheers,

Ryondaahl

BG2 is based on 2nd edition AD&D rules, it has SP and MP capabilities and in overal is one of the best RPGs ever. The only flaw it has is that it's played through way too many times to hold my intrest anymore :lol: And I believe it's available for Mac also yes.

I think if you don't feel inspired to play Diablo II you should stay well away and do something else. I've found the urge usually comes back sooner or later (not that its really a bad thing if it doesn't).

Ryon: Highest character in each class at the moment -

Amazon - 99 (Dream)
Assassin - 94 (ClawsOfFury)
Paladin - 89 (Destiny)
Sorc - 87 (Angel)
Barb - 83 (Ajax)
Necro - 83 (Despair)
Druid - 65 (Hern)

I'll use a different barb to run for 99, but otherwise thats the cast of characters.

Chris

Icebird, do you count older guys towards that also?

My list (including old ones) would look like this:

Amazon - 99 (Akane)
Assassin - 78 (Tanya)
Barbarian - 99 (Argon)
Druid - 78 (Beorn)
Necromancer - 84 (Eleazar, yes 1.10 one my highest ever)
Paladin - 99 (Nadrok_X & Nadrok_XXV)
Sorceress - 91 (Cassandra)

Ryondaahl: Yeah, I think I can take him down after a few tries. My main problem is trying to keep all my chars alive. (For understandable reasons I don't want any of them to die permanently) Well, that and the fact that I don't really know a lot about spell protections and how to get rid of them. Usually I just cast spellstrike and breach and hope that this does the trick. Also I don't know a lot about what amount of + you need on your weapon to hit the demogorgon. (well, it's not like the game came right out and told me...) Probably some of my chars are flailing around uselessly. I guess I'll have to come up with some strategy for my next try. :teeth:

Oh, and if you're looking for a good AD&D game, then I'd sugget Planescape: Torment above everything else. That's the one game that taught me that you can have fun playing those games even if you don't like AD&D rules. It's probably tied with a few others for the "best game the fish ever played" title.

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Actually, I fully understand how you feel. Right after Forum Crash (FC) 2, I had no incentive to play or post so I was gone for a few months. Let's just say I rediscovered all my old Playstation games, much to my delight.

Hehe, good thing the incentive came back again later. I don't really want to imagine D2 without ATMA. Thought it might be interesting to take a look at an atma-less parallel universe to see how many people quit the game because they were annoyed with muling. :lol:

Nightfish said:
Final Fantasy 3, for example. Has been around since the early ninties and I can see myself playing that one again.
Indeed. I think I might have to fire that one up again myself. Unfortunately, I ended up selling my copy of FF3 a while ago, and got the PS version, which is like watching a slide show at times. Maybe it's because I've got one of the original release Playstations and it can't keep up with the game. :shrug:

Ooh. Found it on ebay for $30. I'll have to buy that and plug it in.
:drool: So much neatness. FF3 = best game EVAR! :D

EC

Well, I don't have a playstation so I'm stuck with my SNES version. Or rather, the ROM as my SNES died on me. I doubt that there's anybody left alive who can repair it... :( Oh well, doesn't matter. The ROM version is more userfriendly anyway.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High