Thouroughly Thursdaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Thouroughly Thursdaily

RL: Night #4 at work. I slept less than I should have (again) so I'm starting to feel the effects. The GF wants our weekend to start on Friday this time around, so it means I gotta catch up on whatever sleep I can today. Fun fun. Looking forward to my weekend, of course, but it's gonna be a sleepy one.

D2: No blud.

OVG: Skyrim, as it's been for the past week. My guy's at about 90 enchanting, so I'm hoping to finish that off today. Once that's done, all I have left to do is get the unique shield from Solitude for double magic resist enchantments (waiting for a courier to drop off the letter to start the necessary quest). Then it'll be time to start enchanting and upgrading all my gear to be my end-game equips.

I'm also finding that, although my smithing has been maxed for a while, from time to time I can still do minor upgrades to my armor pieces. That doesn't seem like that should be happening. Wondering if that's a result of my light armor skill gaining a few points every now and then, but I wouldn't have said that's the way things work in the game.

And thanks to Shags for the tip on increasing my archery. :thumbup:

Re: Thouroughly Thursdaily

You got your computer yet?

RL: Work.

D2:

OVG: BF3

RL: Tumbled a few times yesterday when I was dirt jumping and my bike got hit so I guess it's maintenance day today. Now I'm just chilling and drinking some coffee. GF is going out tonight so I'll be drinking a lot more of that coffee and playing D2.

D2: Baal runs.

RL: Messing with video encoding settings to make them look nice on youtube. Man it's cold today. It's 17.8 degrees where I'm sitting right now.

D2: Maybe. I don't know.

OVG: Minecraft. Have some thought for an elevator.

I am behind on sleep this week. Er, this lifetime. And even though its been six months, I still haven't quite got the hang of working day shifts. Mornings are not my thing.

RL: Work, but at least I'll be home to watch the Bruins game. Probably need to stop at the market on the way back, as my refrigerator is barren.

D2: Probably do some Council runs to see if I can unearth something nice.

OVG: No, can't be tying up the tv with the xbox if there's a game on.

Have a good day, SPF.

RL: Had a great run this morning. Tony Blair is on Morning Joe this morning -- that guy is an unbelievable jackass.

D2: Not much free time today, but we'll see.

OVG: More ps3?

RL: My last final is in 2.5 hours, but it won't be very difficult.
D2: Ahh! I really want to join in the MFO but having recently restarted in HC, and my furthest character being in the slow and steady tournament, I'm not sure I can :/ I'm quite tempted to really push a new char to hell just for this, but I'm doubtful I can do it easily in HC. Maybe a fishymancer? I hope this isn't the last one!

RL: Finally finish paper, then go listen to free music (our college annual end-of-year celebration)

D2: Nope

OVG: Finals start next week:yuck::action-smiley-061::hang:

RL: Worked for 10 hours, then went out for a few drinks with friends. Just got home, will probably relax and play d2.

D2: Just started HC for the first time ever, seems like fun. Makes me think about how I play rather than just rambo around all the time. Same as pharphis I would love to enter this MFO thing but would have to rush a HC through to hell which seems kinda fun but dangerous. Probably a fishymancer, maybe a sorc. Not sure how to play much else untwinked at a decent speed through the game. Maybe a LF hybrid zon? I'm not sure.

OVG: Probably not, loving d2 at the moment.

^LF! that's it! Cows it is! I'll have to rush this as fast as possible. . .

RL: Afaik, iirc, nothing bib today. Maybe I go out for a cup of coffee :coffee:

D2: Yesterday I worked a lot. Arrived home, took 2x a couple beers and crashed on the bed. Fishymancer is sad, we had plans... Today, if everything works, Hell Baal dies.

OVG: Never. But I'm thinking about "never"... Will everyone go away from here when D3 comes out next month... Yesterday I had a moment of truth - hobbies should be fun, instead of be brains consuming (without: looking for a video card, try to discover what's the brand of your PSU without openening it due to warrant, etc.). Is there a thread on SPF about who's not going for D3, what's gonna happen with this subforum, etc.? (I'm not a big fan of RMAH, DRM, always online, 3d games, etc., so I'm planning to stick here for a while more and wait to see what's up with next-gen processors before doing any upgrades on my gear/stick here forever).

(Yep, only 20-ish posts, but I'm a lurker here since patch 1.10 release or so - somehow, I'm here for a while :whistling:)

Last edited:

Yeah :/
I feel silly (in a way) for coming here so late into the game. I should have just joined like 3 years ago when I started looking up 1.07 stuff.

Will everyone go away from here when D3 comes out next month... ...Is there a thread on SPF about who's not going for D3, what's gonna happen with this subforum, etc.?

I, for one, won't disappear. ...At least, no more than I do from time to time. When I came back a couple/few weeks ago, I wasn't playing D2 nor have I for a few months. I'm here, no matter what OVG I'm into at the time. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd wager that some folks will stay regardless.

Some number of dailies ago, I mentioned how I wrote to Elly about whether there'd be a D3 SPF and if it could be closely tied to this forum somehow. We communicated via effbook, however, and it gave us a lot of problems viewing what the other had written. Really, I don't know if she ever responded. I should send her a PM and see.

And yeah, there have been at least a couple D3 threads here; it seemed pretty mixed as to who was staying with D2 and those who are moving on (either permanently or temporarily). Even if everyone who plans on playing D3 never came back to the SPF, we'd assuredly have some folks left, both old and new.

RL update: I should have gone to bed an hour ago. :hammerhead:

I'm feeling like I had upgraded my laptop to a super computer and all I did was evict the furball living in my fan. Really recommended for laptop users unless you want to keep your hands warm on the processor.

I, too, think it would be nice to know who are going for D3 and who aren't. I demand a sticky thread with yes/no/maybe tables of the users!

RL: Work

D2: Had a good session last night powering through my S&S character. Killed Duriel and then completed Act 3 and 4. Tonight I'll probably try to finish act 5 and catch up on the start of NM.

OVG: None

When D3 comes out I actually intend to still play some D2. I'm sure D3 is gonna be a whole new different game, and I think I'll always have a soft spot for the way D2 is, so atm I'm intending to stay. I suppose it depends on how addictive D3 ends up being.

RL: Thursdaily began for me at 3:30 AM as I finished my lesson, then started anew at 8:30 as I woke up and got ready to teach said lesson. Teaching went perfectly, I found I rarely ever had to consult my notes. I think that might have taken away a bit from the factual side, but overall I'm cool with it. The class seemed to really enjoy it, those who were paying attention and have enough brain power to give a damn. So I'm very happy with that.
Thursdaily continued as I had the best Russian class yet. We were talking about a Russian fairytale and one of the vocabulary words was ?????; naked. She mentioned that there was a cool Russian song of that title. We wound up watching that and other Russian music videos and learning words from them. Such a fun class. Then I realized that I hadn't written the essay I was supposed to write last night for said class. /facepalm

D2: No.

OVG: Homework: The Game! Maybe, should I find myself worthy of a small reward, I shall play something. I never got around to Portal 2 achievement grinding, it might be that. Or possibly some Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Or maybe Rock Band with friends. I don't know.

Oh, and I shall be staying ::yes:

^I feel like I haven't played rock band in years. It was soo fun, though! I can't wait to eventually be teaching classes. It'll be a blast, I think.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High