THIS IS A FAIL ! D2R IS TRASH !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlizzardSox

Sep 25, 2021
This is the biggest dissapointment since D3 launch. No suprise...same company.
After 20 years of it's original release, they do a remaster and they come out with this very good looking CRAP !
I think they forget that time has passed and its almost 2022...but they are still living in the year 2002.

What is it with the clunky cluttery non-buttery smooth character contorl ?
What is it with invisible things on the ground that won't let you pass ?
What is it with just 1 char/monster is allowed through 1 door at 1 time ?
What is it with the very slow UI ? Why does it take forever for a potion to be put in its place ? If u buy potions with left-click (without shift pressed) there is a puase betwen the potions bought ? WTF ? And its like that for everything...u cant move fast in stash or inventory cause it's engine is to old and it wont let you and u have to move slow - TRASH !

I was hoping for a good time PLAYING THE GAME, but 75% of time spent in game is buying full inventory of POTIONS and coming back to buy some more. WTF IS THIS ? I want to kill monsters and loot items and repeat....not buy potions.
What is it with the Max Level Health potion healing so slow ? What is it with the milions of potions u need to progress ?

-Potions need to not stop healing life/mana when at full life/mana
-Each belt should hold +2 potion rows over it's actual slot size...so a plated belt should have a max of 20 slots not 12
-Max level Potions should regenerat faster

WHAT THE F* is with that small stash and inventory ? What is it with that tiny small lil horadric cube space ? What are theese limits in 2022 gaming ? Is bLizzard planning on selling stash space ?

YES THE GAME LOOKS AMAZING 20/10 graphics - BUT THAT'S IT ! rest is crap 20 year old system.

They introduce auto-gold pickup - WITH 0.1 in game meter range ? WTF ??????????????????????????????? it not auto pickup if u still have to go where the gold is !
What is it with all the hits u take making u desync and stutter and unable to do nothing ?

Why aren't there Town Portal and Identify Spells also so i dont have to carry tomes ? Why don't scrolls/runes/gems stack ?

Why do items have DURABILITY ? OMFG this one is lame and stupid.

Why do breakpoints exist ? Can't my pc or the game's engine do math ?

Why do followers die like ants ? Why can i give them health potion if it never saves them during battle ? Why cant they wear rings and amulets ?

WHY THE F* do i i have to go and reover my body when i die ? Just ressurect in town as in ALL OTHER NORMAL GAMES OF THIS ERA AND ANY OTHER !

WHY DO I HAVE TO RESET EVERYTHING TO JUST UNDO 1-2 SKILL POINTS ? And why is it so rare and hard to reset ? And why stats and skills both at the same time ? Is this how close minded the devs are ?

Just let Akara have the option to UNDO Stats or Skill points any time at the cost of gold ! EZ !

The stash and inventory should look as in the picture i attaached.

Some simple 2022 suggestions :

Double Size Inventory - another inventory underneath the actual one - what is it with all that space not used on the screen ? U forget the game has charms ?

Or make a separate space just for charms, the size of the inventory, simple.

More stash tabs. Larger stash tabs.

At least 100 char limit - for mules ofc. If not more stash tabs.

More Runewords.

More Set/Unique Items (class specific also ofc)

At least 1 NEW act if not more NEW areas with NEW Monsters

Mod ranges on items when u press Alt or some key.

More GEMS - more crafting recipes.

An in game guide - where u can find all the crafting recipes/runewords/unique items/etc and everything so u dont need to alt tab the game...at least an in-game link to external sites that open within the game itself so no need for alt tab.

No limit for gold in stash - or make it 1 billion at least.

Make Runes/Gems Stack - Or make a Rune tab and a gems tab (just for them) or one for both, u can have the gems on top, and below the runse that stack only in that tab.

Increase Tome of Town Portal/Identify max limit to 500-1000

Make a just for unique items tab like in PoE.

Twitch overlay to see the streamers char stats and inventory.

Cosmetics like in Wolcen - everything u pick up, u save as a "skin" or "mtx" and u can change the look of ur chain mail to the look of a sacred armor for example.

Make unique/set items look like they look in inventory, not like their base look, the base look is gone when u id them.
Don't make etheral items transparent.

Make the horadric cube 8x8 squares at least if not as big as a stash tab.

Attachments

• 345345435345.jpg
    345345435345.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 12
Its a D2 Remaster.

NOT D2 rebuilt from the ground up to accommodate the I want everything handed to me on a silver platter no thinking required instant gratification video game for gen X.

Reactions: KremBanan
This is simply a remaster and I think it's probably the best I've seen.

I like the few QOL changes they've made but for me it's now it's still great replayability but with better graphics to take advantage of the advancements in that area. Everything else has stood the test of time.

You need to look to Diablo 4 for a new game, D2R was never billed as that.

WHY DO I LOSE GOLD FROM STASH WHEN I DIE WITH ZERO GOLD ON ME ?

How are the monsters able to steal gold from my stash in town when im 5 waypoints away ?

How are the monsters able to steal gold from my stash in town when im 5 waypoints away ?
you bought a 20 year old game that got a facelift. Nothing more, nothing less. It was pretty clear from the get go that this was the plan. Maybe brush up a bit on your comprehension levels before buying products in the future. It seems like you are on a path to eternal rage if you keep up your way of navigating the world.

Just curious to know though, how far is 5 waypoints away, and why would that have any impact on monsters in general to steal your gold?

Monsters?! That's the fee you pay the settlement/city to drag your broken butt back to safety and stitch you back together. I don't think the quill rats are eating your gold.

Reactions: Gorny and coju
Because it was like that in the original game, too. Which refers to about 90% of your complaints as well, by the way.

That's not because monsters steal it, but as a game-related penalty. If you want it to be more realistic, then your question should be "Why do I reappear alive in town after I died?" and then play hardcore because when you die, you are DEAD.

If you expected a wholly new game, then you didn't inform yourself properly. That's solely your fault. It was meant to be like the original, but with better graphics and a bit more convenience.

I agree that buying potions has become a bit awkward, but it's not really bad.

Speaking of gold loss, anyone know if it takes gold from the shared stash?

OP I disagree. I think D2R is great as is. Far from perfect, too many new bugs, but it is still great for me.

The remaster is great. Regarding body recovery, play hardcore, no need to recover body there.
I agree with the "awaiting transaction" when buying pots. This however is a new thing. They reorganized the way client server are handling things. For better or for worse. Time will tell.

I am not sure what people expect. It's a remaster. The same game. It was never sold as anything else but exactly the same.

In fact that was the big selling point and D2 fans were begging them in full kowtow to please, please, please stick to it as much as possible. We've all seen the disaster that was WC3:Reforged. We've all seen the total shit shows that happen when developers in general try to "improve" the originals beyond updating artwork, which even that much seems to have a 50/50 track record. So just getting the game updated without any major changes to the gameplay is a miracle in itself.

Reactions: KremBanan
Thanks for the laugh OP. Really.

Actually, gaming in 2010 and beyond has pretty much sucked. Games are nearly all run of the mill with no thought process behind them. I yearn for the days that an FPS will be like RTCW: Enemy Territory, or an MMO is like SWG. Or a game is like Diablo II because every ARPG since D2 hasn't held a candle to it.

The amount of diversity and builds you can do and tournaments is second to none for Diablo II. Maybe that is why it is still going strong over 20 years later.

An old meme, but still a lot of truth in it.

AW6kK.png

Reactions: KremBanan and Vang
When buying ptions hold enter when left clicking on them.
I'll be honest, I am not sure people know you can buy potions. I've seen images of people's who stash filled with them. The lack of taking time and learning things has been lost in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High