The "What's Your Sign?" Fridaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
The "What's Your Sign?" Fridaily

The title refers to this news that the traditional zodiac signs have been unaligned for a very long time. The result is that whatever star sign that represented you is and has always been wrong. Not only that, but the list of signs has been updated with a new thirteenth addition which skews the dates for every other sign. Everything you knew has changed.

So I'm no longer a Sagittarius. I'm an Ophiuchus, the new thirteenth sign. ...How the heck is that pronounced?? If someone asks me my sign, I don't want to mumble something like "Oh-f***-you-choose." The only thing I know about it is that it's represented by the snake holder. Guess the stars are telling me that I'm destined to be single.

RL: It's late Thursday still, but I had to get the news out. Looking forward to being done with work this week. I have a couple bills to pay tomorrow afternoon, but no plans after that. Thoughts of the xGF still linger... and by linger, I mean won't go away. She's been on my mind all freakin' day.

D2: I've been dedicating my time to Quickdeath's Scavenger tourney lately. Running areas for just a superior socketed ethereal yew wand is starting to become boring, though. There's no good way to go about it.

edit: An interesting article on the origins of Ophiuchus, based on Greek mythology. Not only will I be forever single, but I'm targeted by the gods to die for being too wise. And possibly a transgender.

Re: The "What's Your Sign?" Fridaily

Leo, formerly Virgo.

I never read my horoscope, so the implications of this modification on my life will be minimal. However, I did just read the following:

Wikipedia said:
Belief in astrology holds firm today in many parts of the world: in one poll, 31% of Americans expressed a belief in astrology and, according to another study, 39% considered it scientific.

:crazy:

RL: I am scheduled to play squash with some friends after class today. It should be fun, albeit exhausting. In other news, I am currently in the process of watching Fringe from the beginning. It is a fascinating show and I am intrigued by the promise of a parallel universe arc, but the "case of the week" structure is annoying. I miss Lost.

D2: Classic Necromancers are terrible. That is all.

As skipjack. A friend of mine always used to tell me how silly the whole thing was because of the unalignment. And somehow, the forecasting of horoscopes always remind me of an old German country lore, which translates something like this:

"If the rooster crows on the dunghill, the weather changes or stays as it is."
("Wenn der Hahn kräht auf dem Mist, ändert sich's Wetter oder bleibt's wie's ist.")

(EDIT: I actually had to choose rooster instead of the more common word I learned at school..it's banned though for it's versatile use :rolleyes:)

RL: Going to work - I am finally back in my home town and don't have to drive 2 hours a day any more! Yay! :jig: Then I have to buy a present for a friend, who's birthday is tomorrow. Will see if I find anything.

D2: Probably not. But my Obsession Necromancer arrived at Travinacal (Hell) some time ago...so the finish line is almost in sight.

Sagittarius, formerly Capricorn. Yay, I'm no longer a stubborn ox! Oh wait, my stubborn personality hasn't changed.

RL: Too little work this week. Bit of house hunting, and looking forward to the weekend, and a drier week ahead.

D2: Very little. Maybe continue the Random tournament Amazon into Act 2.

39% believe Astrology is scientific?!? Hmmm. I'll leave that one alone.

Pisces, formerly Aries. A pretty darn nice fit, and definitely an infinitely better one than before. By the way, count me in the 31% believing in astrology... being a whole lot of nothing.

RL: Implementing an actual schedule, including an afternoon nap and 23:00-26:00 study period, failed miserably (...as I'm clearly SRS'ing right now), so it's back to the old ways of just winging it.

D2: With each new reference to Summer 2010 MFO in other thread, competitiveness rising. :badteeth: (Probably if I had just won one by now, this wouldn't be happening.) If/When MFO comes, undergeared HC amazon in Pit is sure fire way to finish last, but must resist temptation of making new untwinked SC Blizzard sorceress for maintaining good record in this event...

OVG: Small new Vindi content coming, so that will be fun, ie. something to die to hundreds of times before figuring out.

Last edited:

Formerly Aries, now Pisces. I don't know what to say... I'm in shock. Shock, I tell ya ! But I've gotta say: the wikipedia article on Pisces is way more fitting than Aries.

RL: Woke up, took the dog out, relaxed to some coffee and the news paper.

D2: Mmm. Mulling over this. Perhaps. It has become more tempting during the past days.

OVG: More Borderlands. An upgrade to Windows 7 made my save file disapper, so it's a restart of sorts. Again. Re-restart of a Siren.

Libra, formerly Scorpio. I don't believe in Astrology on base of a daily horoscope but I have a sting for sure. - Nettle me and you will feel it. :evil:
On the other hand I have qualities in anticipation and I am fast in thinking in different ways and understand different points of view. Which doesn't mean I support them right away...

RL: Working until 6 pm, then nothing on schedule today *lucky me*

D2: *doing up new schedule for tonight* - Tonight will see NM Meph's nemesis! YAY! :evil:

Have a nice day!

Aquarius now, was a Pisces.

RL: Had some really bad weather this week, but now I'm back at work and trying to catch up. Kids have been out of school all week.

D2: Unabated non-stop 1.09 Hell Countess running. Not gonna stop till she coughs up the Vex. (And I really want the Gilded Shield rack in my Pally map to cough up the HoZ. The companion Highland Blade rack has produced no fewer than 3 failed unique Highland Blades).

OVG: Not now, not yet.

I was a Libra... now I'm suppose to be Virgo. I don't believe in this cra....p, sorry astrology, but being a Libra is already hardcoded in me :p

@Grisu, is the word, b-e-a-v-e-r?

RL: Did stuff, study a little.

D2: A little, more later.

OVG: A bit PES2010.

Went from Libra to Virgo apparently. This will surely change my life!

RL: Did nothing all day except..

D2: Played more today than I've done in forever. My Pit running Barb is pretty much operational, not really sure how well he's performing though. I thought I'd be using him for the MFO, but since I also got an insane Necro amulet in a trade today I re-equipped my posionmancer for a p1 MF setup, and he's pretty ridiculous. It'll be a lot of fun to test more stuff and see which one ends up more effective :) On the first run with the Necro, I randomly died, I guess from not being used to playing the character in a while, and I discovered I'm out of 4os polearms to make Insight Iron Golems from. This in turn led to the realization that my Necro almost gets by without Insight, although the minimal potion management, not to mention mana burn, does slow him down.

Third in a row: Libra -> Virgo

RL: Work. More incoming tasks than completed tasks. I don't like where this is heading.

D2: Cleared another act with my latest project. Cowing and Traving later...

RL: According to CNN, my astroloscope may not have changed afterall.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

I've never payed it no nevermind anyways, so I couldn't care less. :whistling: Capricorn or Sagitarius, its all the same to me.

D2: Some more 1.09d. Only have a couple more days of vacation before school resumes (and D2 gets put on hold until weekends). Today Uncle Baal was kind enough to offer a unique Demonhide Sash. Now wasn't that nice. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the articles yesterday read as if the astrologers were accurate with their belief, and I partly interpretted it with the astrologers being picked on. :) I was hoping it was true though. It could've messed with so many people:

""If my zodiac symbol has been changed to a Libra, what am I supposed to do with my Scorpio tattoo?!?!," read one tweet Thursday."

Woohoo for Virgo!

RL: School. First day of Bio lab, was actually pretty fun. My goal is to not be the guy who has to use the emergency chemical shower. Also, lunch at favorite restaurant and then home for time-wasting.

D2: Nope.

OVG: Medal of Honor and CivIV remain the two big ones. Some rhythm games have been cycled through too, but they just remind me that GH6 has the best engine for drums and that I hated their song lists.

I'm Leo the Lion, and as such I do not have time for your article :p

RL: Applied for two jobs, earnt some money on survey sites, watched Lost.

D2: Nope.

OVG: Minecraft and GTA4.

Formerly Taurus, still full of bull.

If there is anything sillier than believing that I am a carbon copy of 1/12 or 1/13 of the world's population, I'd dearly love to know what it is.

RL: doing some planning for some flood cleanup/relief activities with my church, and getting frustrated because I had to stay home and look after my kids and so couldn't help with the clean-up effort today.

D2: haven't played for a week.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High