The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Noodle hasn't been seen all day, and the clock is ticking. We need to decide who to lynch, and we need time to discuss.

On the first night, Marahumm picked a random night action to witness. I don't think the choice could have been better, since he saw what Bad Ash did that night. Bad Ash tried to shoot Noodle, but missed in the dark, and Noodle got away unharmed.

It took me far too long to figure out how Noodle survived. Bad Ash was no ordinary mafia, but a hitman, capable of bypassing any protections. It was possible that Noodle had a defensive vigilante ability, but that would have clashed with his role claim. Also the idea that the first three night kills had all been mafia seemed extremely unlikely.

Then Loz brought up the bus driver. It was the only reasonable explanation, and the only thing that could possibly have saved Noodle, if his role claim was true. What would flubbucket do on the first night, with no information at all of who was who? My guess is he switched the two players most likely to go at each other's throats if they ended up on opposite sides. I'm sure I don't need to spell that out. Bad Ash killed himself, by being too predictable.

flubbucket later said he'd switched two players, one with a severe restriction and another without. It took some interpreting, but he could have meant Bad Ash being restricted in the worst possible way, by being dead.

Marahumm was cautious enough to note this did not mean Noodle was town, only that he and Bad Ash were not on the same side. I'm also convoluted enough to wonder that if they were switched by flubbucket, did Marahumm see them switched, or as their real selves? That is getting too complicated though, and I think we can ask our moderator if it comes to that. Either way, morning came and Bad Ash was revealed as mafia. We should be able to trust that info. I think FalconGK asked early in the thread if the bus driver could switch their roles, but it should only switch their targets. Bad Ash was mafia. Noodle is not.

I'm pretty much ruling out a second mafia by this point. If there had been two factions, both should have had a kill on the first night. That leaves Noodle as either town or neutral. If he was a serial killer, his role claim of having an informative power role would be extremely poor, since he would have to make up a new lie every day, and he could be caught any time.

That leaves the unlikely conclusion that Noodle is town, and he's told us the truth. I would have liked him to post first, so I could have made his role claim iron clad. It now appears that both kills on the second night were indeed scum. What are the odds? But, when you eliminate every other possibility, whatever is left, however unlikely, must be true.

More movie quotes, yay.

So, how did Gorny and wickedswami die? We have no vigilante, I'm sure of that now, unless Loz has some ability he has not revealed yet. kimiko could have had a one-shot vigilante kill and used it on Gorny, but that still leaves wickedswami. Could they really have taken each other out, like Noodle suggested? It sounds ridiculous, but I can't think of anything else that would be halfway possible.

I'm suggesting that Gorny was the serial killer. There was that weird reaction regarding gambler's fallacy on the first day, and it could be possible that kimiko did not get a specific mafia read on him, only that Gorny was guilty, which could mean either mafia or serial killer. Thoughts?

The two kills last night troubled me. But it could be that the last surviving mafia was given two kills on this night, just like in the last game when Sauron died.

Now, who to go after? At the start of the day I was thinking of Leo as being most suspicious, for the way she tried to start a bandwagon on Noodle on the first day. It's a good thing I did not post my information immediately, because then I could have accused her of making up her story to match mine. Now however, it makes perfect sense that she tried to start the bandwagon in an attempt to flush out mafia players.

Others have also posted their role claims, and I think we're only missing Uraj and Loz now. Uraj has said he can't, but I would like to know if he has some night action, and if that's where his information comes from. Same for Loz, though I don't really suspect him at the moment.

One more thing... I'm still holding a couple cards up my sleeve. Ankeli knows the other, since I wrote to him about it during the second night, but I've never yet mentioned it in the thread. He seems to have misunderstood it though, and oddly, that misunderstanding makes me trust him more. Funny how things work. The other bit is something Marahumm told me. It may not be useful, but I think there is a good chance it could reveal if anyone was lying. Time for role claims, I think we can end this with one more lynch.

PS. Another long post to write, and Noodle showed up while I was writing it. I won't waste time editing it now, I'll read what Noodle wrote and be happy.

I've read Noodle's replies, and I am happy with them. Sorry if I put too much pressure, I really wanted to trust you. Yes, I did mean both kills on the second night could be scum, even if it seemed incredibly unlikely that they would decide to target each other. And I remembered you'd said you were flying home, as you may find in some earlier posts of mine. Believe me, I was torn between posting and waiting many times today, but since other people began to give their information, I decided to wait. It looked like the remaining scum would slip sooner or later. Good to have you with us. Now, have you learned something from your skill?

Blast it. I just realized I violated my posting restriction in my recent string of responses - too worked up, I guess. I'll probably be mod killed, which I have no dispute with. I failed to live up to my responsibility as a playah. I'm sorry - this was a fun game.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing Bad Ash tried to kill me, but ended up preceding me in death. Justice is alive and well.

I really wish there will be no need for a modkill, this game has been too entertaining to end in such a way, and besides, there's no harm done. We all knew you had the restriction, which was the whole point.

Preview edit: Written before Feysal's long post:

Hmm. FalconGK had a side mission to make his twin, Noodle, say "I love Bad Ash" and Bad Ash was mafia.

Blue sky thinking here - what if someone, say Bad Ash's evil step brother (#321), had a side mission to make Bad Ash say, "I love Noodle"?
There's a symmetry to this ... Bad Ash dies if Noodle says "ILBA", and Bad Ash was mafia. Extrapolate:
Noodle dies if Bad Ash had said, "ILN", and thus Noodle is mafia, too.

It's an interesting theory, but a little too neat and twee for me to believe ... no creo, lo siento. I think TC is not nearly as predictable as that, but I offer it as a possibility. The only way this can be proved is if Bad Ash's "evil twin brother" can confirm this - and I suspect we won't be getting that kind of help from the mafia.

Opinions?

Hmm, interesting. How do you know this Noodle? If you're making these bold statements, why don't you go ahead and claim?

I don't think I ever denied that two mafia could exist, I just didn't think it was likely. My reason for that is because, assuming the mafia teams were balanced, that would be 2 teams of 2 each, which I've never seen before, or 2 teams of 3 each, which would be too many in a 16 person game. I guess 2 teams of 2 each is possible. If only one NK happens to night then it will become even more likely. Still doesn't rule out SK possibility, unless you have proof that contradicts that.

I was thinking that a full roleclaim would solve our problems, but at least one player has suggested that the mod will modkill them if they do, so that might not be doable. If you are innocent as you claim Noodle, then who do you think isn't and why?

Now, I guess it's time to focus on the remaining players who have yet to role claim. I don't really suspect Loz, he seems town to me, but I would like him to post whether he has any special powers. They've all become known anyway. The one I suspect most currently is Uraj.

He made the odd claim that he would die if he role claimed. Leo suggested it would be a siblings type role. I looked up Uraj's posts, and he had mentioned siblings twice before that. Could he actually have such a role, with him as the mafia half of the siblings?

He has claimed to know Leo and Ankeli are not mafia. Not that he believes, that he knows. How? This needs to be explained.

Yesterday when kimiko was about to be lynched, he switched to Ankeli at the last moment. Why, if he trusted him?

When he locked kimiko's lynch, he commented that we did not need a mafia backing out at the last minute for no lynch, exactly what he had done earlier.

This is starting to look bad.

Vote: Uraj

Feysal--> i voed Noodle because i thought his accent was strange and i linked it to mafia because when you think of Italians and stereotypes, you think mob, ya know? at least i do.

i was starting to find Uraj suspicious and then i was not towards the end of my night (like, when i was going to sleep). i did my running around today and now i see what you have posted and i will agree with your comments. i didn't know if i had said it before (i think i did. i was so tired last night), but ofc Uraj would know that Ankeli and me are not mafia. WE'RE NOT ON HIS TEAM!

and then i thought of one more role that can get you MKed if you say anything: masons. and in a sense... mafia is like a mason group, ya know? so, if he DID try to pull "I'm a mason and i can't say anything", he MIGHT be mafioso.

i think i will keep my vote on you, Uraj. sorry mate, but you are just seeming too funny for my liking.

Alright Feysal. Darn it all to heck, but I'm gonna have to follow you... again. Into the abyss my friend. If we mislynch again though... sigh.

I think you are absolutely right on everything you are saying. I also suspect that we have at most 2 scum left, and can definitely afford a mislynch. Especially if they are down to only 1 kill a night (either they got a free one last night, or we lynch one today).

Unvote: Noodle

Unvote: LozHinge the Unhinged

llthgh Nkl thnks Lz s hdng n pln vw.

Falcon, I know wickedswami took over for Bad Ash because of my role. As a remindah, I am an African-American lounge singah from New York, and since I leave work at the nightclub very late at night, I have a chance of learning role information on anyone who is active that night. Through this, TC informed me of wicked's role. With Gorny dying the same night, and subsequently being revealed as mafia, the most reasonable explanation to me is that they were representatives of two different mafia factions, and killed each other. It's the scenario that makes the most sense to me, and I believe it. Maybe we'll find out differently in the end, but my instinct makes me believe this is correct, nah'm saying?.

I've been going back and forth between Loz and Uraj. I've cautioned myself to not vote for Loz merely as a defensive move, since he's pointed fingers at me this game. I have no problem with supporting a move against Uraj.

Los gente seem to know so many secretos in this town, where do they get their information from? I only know what I read in the papers.

I am inclined to believe Uraj's claim that he cannot role-claim, I find that to be a distinct possibility. Other than that, I have no opinion at this time. Uraj is playing things fairly low-key, but there is more than one possible explanation for this.

A no-lynch is not an option for us now, and I will place my vote on Uraj if needed, role-claim restriction or not. We still have some time though.

Feysal's defence of Noodle seems well-reasoned, but doesn't convince me as there are a number of assumptions. However, I find I am less suspicious of Noodle, as his innocence is at least plausible. He is still my first choice for a lynch, but this is still more hunch-based than fact-based.

Looks like Leo's doc claim has been rubber-stamped, there being no counter claim. If we believe what we have been told about every dead players' roles, the doc is still alive. If a role has been misidentified (wasn't there an incompetent coroner in a game a long while back?), we may be in worse trouble than we think.

Sathoris - you have disappeared off the radar, amigo. What's on your mind?

nurman - don't know, the Cartman claim seems to have taken the heat off you.

Ankeli - as for nurman, being Kenny is keeping you out of the spotlight. I think your post restriction has been very hard on you, you're not able to play your usual go-for-the-throat tactics. I should be grateful, perhaps, you've voted for me twice in this game, I think.

Feysal & FalconGK - still the most active of the surviving players, and still reading as town (more or less, but at this stage of the game, no one is entirely above suspicion).

We still have about 23 hours this day, hopefully enough time to put some more of the puzzle together.

Preview edit:
Falcon's and Ankeli's switches means four votes on Uraj. Mine would make
a lock. I'll hold for now, there's still some miles to go before nightfall.

Ankeli - someone may indeed be hiding in plain sight, but it's not me. We still have the possibility of scum lying low, lower than the high profile posters. Either way, we need to be as sure as we can of our lynches.

Noodle posted just ahead of me and locked the lynch. Let us hope for a bueno resultado. :/

I cannot wait to review the voting records once we know Uraj's alignment.

Uraj has been locked. Give me a few minutes to make sure everything is in order and I shall reveal his role. Day will continue as scheduled.

Does anyone else find it fascinating that the most trustworthy members of town all have no South Park role? The only people to claim south park roles are nurman and Ankeli suggested Noodle was chef while claiming Kenny. Am I right? Perhaps when I suggested the possible south park theme the scum seized on it?

We have Ankeli claiming Kenny suggesting Noodle as Chef and nurman claiming Cartman. Did either one of them make their initial posts that looked like South Park before I made my day 1 post suggesting the possible theme? If not, I see no reason why both claimed south parkers aren't scum. Am I missing something.

I'll stay on the Uraj bandwagon for now, but I really think Ankeli and nurman are more suspicious. Fey, I know you said that you think nurman is clean based on your talk with one night, but couldn't they just be leaving you alive because you're vouching for him? The had bigger fish to fry looking for any cops or docs.

Me perdonas, but I think we have been a bit precipitous here. I was hoping for more discussion regarding Uraj ...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High