The Seven Swords

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
Introduction
This is my first two handed sword sept, originally completed between 2006 and 2007. I have reformatted the posts for the new forum and corrected some spellings. Some of the content that made sense when originally posted, such as what next? sections and sept status tables has been trimmed. We were never allowed to post pictures inline then due to bandwidth issues, so now they are all re-inserted.

These builds were made when the forum was much less item rich than it is now. LK mechanics had not been discovered and the rune drops of 1.13+ were not even dreamed of. A time when a nice Ethereal Oath would make other players envious. Some of them were not quite my first, but certainly my second playthrough with the class.

Last edited:
x1080.jpg

The black sword ran red with the blood of the hordes of demons that would besiege Harrogath no more. It quivered in the pale hands as the souls of the slain fed the sword's wielder the life force that he depended on.
'Have you not yet drunk enough Stormbringer?' murmured the Albino.

Elric of Melniboné
The Chronicles of Elric of Melniboné, Meleemancer

"It is the color of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his yellow gown emerge two slender hands, also the color of bone."

Elric is an albino, physically weak. He is a warrior sorcerer, who gets his strength from his sentient sword, Stormbringer. The black sword sucks the soul from it's victims and feeds the energy to it's master. He has a symbiotic relationship with the sword, and it is debatable who is the master.

ac3d77e1558eca6e5ffcce066ed8c3bc.jpg

The Build
Elric is a Melee / Bone Spirit hybrid who wields a two handed sword with big life leech. My original plan was to use poison skills with melee, but seeing as the two synergies for bone armour overlap with two of the three synergies for Bone Spirit, that seemed like a better route to go.

Elric LCS Now.jpg
(This is how he looks now I have lost the originals)​

The Skills

Poison & Bone

"But the door resisted as it should not have resisted. `Sealed by sorcery and I've no means of unsealing it,' said the albino." -The Sailor on the Seas of Fate II, 6

Corpse Explosion 7
Bone Wall 20
Bone Prison 20
Bone Spirit 20
Bone Armour 1
Prereqs 2

Only 1 point went into Bone armour as every point into the skill gives +10, but 1 point into a synergy is +15. This also means 2 of the 3 synergies for Bone Spirit are maxed.

Curses
1 point in each except for Lower Resist. I didn't bother with lower resist as it doesn't really work with the main attacks.

Summoning

"Slowly, with jerky movements, the creature raised itself stiffly upright and pointed a clawed finger... its glazed eyes staring as if beyond." -Stormbringer I,1

Golem Mastery 3
Summon Resist 1
Clay Golem 3
Revive 2 (4 after +skills with sword)
Prereqs 5

Stats

Character name : Elric
Character type : Necromancer
Character level : 83
Character exp : 885388253

Strength : 163
Energy : 25
Dexterity : 93
Vitality : 224

Life : 832 / 646
Mana : 310 / 189
Stamina : 422 / 370

Elric LCS.jpg Elric LCS2.jpg

The Equipment
AR was a big concern. Pre 1.10 it would have been possible to use the Poison Dagger Bug. Basically if you put Poison dagger on left click and equip an non dagger weapon, you would still get the bonus to AR, but with zero mana cost. Second was resists, third was + skills.

Primary Weapon - 2 Handed Sword
Doombringer
Champion Sword
'Amn'
One-Hand Damage: 110 to 281
Two-Hand Damage: 269 to 379
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 163
Required Level: 69
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x55a6cd79
+237% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+100 to Maximum Damage
14% Life stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Life 20%
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
Indestructible
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking
Socketed (1: 1 used)

If Blizzard wasn't thinking of Elric when they created this sword I am very surprised. Even the name is similar to Elric's sword (Doom/Stormbringer). I got mine in a giveaway after a MFO and socketed it with an Amn for extra leech.
Unfortunately it isn't black, but looks a bit kind of bloodstained. I'll have to overlook the aesthetics as it fits the description nicely from a properties point of view.

Switch
The switch equipment focuses on getting better resists and poison damage. The idea is melee with one weapon setup, switch weaponry to go into Bone Spirit mode and for a resistance boost.

Switch Weapon - White
Polished Wand
'DolIo'
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 33
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 41
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x76607355
+10 to Vitality
+13 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 4
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Prison (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Bone Spirit (Necromancer Only)
+4 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
150% Damage to Undead
+3 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Switch Shield - Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 133
Chance to Block: 42%
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 54
Item Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x381ce9f6
+22 to Vitality
+108 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
55% Faster Hit Recovery
34% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+6 Magic Absorb
Socketed (4: 4 used)

Armour

Body Armour - Black Hades
Chaos Armor
'OrtOrtRal'
Defense: 895
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Strength: 140
Required Level: 53
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xfefc71a1
+161% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +60%
-2 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration
60% Damage to Demons
+241 to Attack Rating against Demons
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Helm - Demon Brow
Tiara
'Ort'
Defense: 45
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x66d9406b
+9 to Strength
+5 to Minimum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%
Adds 1-91 lightning damage
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels

Belt - Credendum - Mainly for the +15% Resist all.
Boots - Gore Riders. Say no more.
Gloves - Laying of Hands - for the +350% Damage to Demons and 50% fire resistance.
Jewelery - Angelic Halo x 2 & Angelic Wings for the AR.

Inventory
The build is lacking in + skills, AR and resists. I carried the cube, 4 scrolls of Town Portal in the belt, a stack of Keys and one ID scroll. I had one Hexing grand charms, Cat gave me another. I found a Scintillating GC in the Frigid Highlands. The rest was mainly crammed with resistance charms, most of them not very good. I kept a 2x4 space free.
Code:
Lapis Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xd9a2f066
Cold Resist +7%

Hexing Grand Charm of the Icicle
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xa17a64b
Adds 2-4 cold damage over 1 seconds
+1 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

Cobalt Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xa5fce5e0
Cold Resist +9%

Garnet Small Charm of Flame
Fingerprint: 0x9d7449d1
Fire Resist +9%
Adds 1-2 fire damage

Russet Small Charm of Anthrax
Required Level: 36
Fingerprint: 0xe41b9f49
Fire Resist +7%
+50 poison damage over 6 seconds

Hexing Grand Charm
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x22ca9149
+1 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

Sharp Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xa92424b2
+68 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage

Coral Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x58cd095
Lightning Resist +22%

Viridian Small Charm of Incineration
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x7b10509c
Poison Resist +7%
Adds 5-13 fire damage

Viridian Small Charm of Dexterity
Item Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x25695bcc
+1 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +7%

Amber Large Charm
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x23b9b974
Lightning Resist +13%

Viridian Small Charm
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0xffba7638
Poison Resist +6%

Garnet Large Charm
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xa4ba5ae
Fire Resist +12%

Shimmering Grand Charm
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x2193b31
All Resistances +14

Viridian Small Charm of Life
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xa0a41f7c
+7 to Life
Poison Resist +7%

Mercenary
Armour - Shaftstop
Helm - Tal Rasha's Horardic Crest

Weapon - Insight
Cryptic Axe
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 159 to 693
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 59
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x827354e
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
+208% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Critical Strike
35% Faster Cast Rate
221% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Level 13 Meditation Aura When Equipped
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Game Progression

Levels 1-5
Just whacked stuff with whatever I had to hand. Put 1 point into any skills I needed, Amp first.

Level 6-10
Equipped a 2 handed sword (Flawed Skull, Flawed Amethyst, Flawed Amethyst) and a Breastplate (Flawed Skull, Flawed Ruby, Flawed Ruby), so the Elric had the right look.
Put points into Clay Golem and Mastery when it was available.

Level 10-18
Pumped strength until Elric could equip Sigons belt, boots & gloves. Equipped Shadowfang unique sword at lvl 12. Put on 2 Angelic Rings and an Amulet to help with the AR problems. Put points into Bone Wall to strengthen my Bone Armour.
The huge life leech made it very easy to dispatch Andariel.

Level 18-29
Equipped a 4s Gothic Plate (P Skull, Ort, Ort, Ral) and Lore circlet. He had a wand +3 corpse explosion and a +3CE Head on switch. Put 3 skill points into CE. Switched the sword first to a Soulflay and then to a Ripsaw. Equipped the A2 Merc (Defiance) with Sigon's Helm & Armour, and and Insight Ethereal Poleaxe when he could use it.
Put points into curses so that Elric had Decrepify at lvl 24 when heI took on Duriel. He had no problems, Decrep and a Clay slow Duriel down to nothing.

Level 30-56
Carried on pumping strength and dexterity so that Elric could equip a champion sword as soon as he met the lvl requirement. In hindsight, I should have been less eager to equip the sword and put more into vit. Used whatever 2 handed sword Elric met the lvl requirements for, Crainte Vomir for a while until he equipped Todesfalle Flamme. He equipped Gore Riders and Black Hades (Ral Ort Ort) as soon as he could. Was very annoyed that the so-called "Black" Hades isn't. The belt and gloves stayed as Sigons. Put a wand with +2 Poison & Bone and a head with +3 to Bone Spirit on switch.
Points were put into Bone Spirit for a long range attack. This saved him on many occasions when melee wasn't safe. Decrep, Clay Golem, Bone Spirit for the first few corpses, then explode away. As it is also guided, it is very useful for sniping Gloams or other fast moving creatures. Points were also put into Bone Prison as both a synergy for Bone Armour and Bone Spirit.
Elric finished Normal without any trouble, round about level 43. He MPed through most of Nightmare Acts 2 & 3 and entered Act 4 at about level 54.

Level 57-68
Changed weapon to a "Passion" Champion Sword (Dol Ort Eld Lem). This made Melee attacks much more sustainable thanks to the +1 Zeal, but annoying due to the "Hit causes monster to flee". He finally changed the Sigon's Belt and Gloves for Venomgrip Gloves and Nosferau's Coil. The wand was replaced with "White" Runeword and he switched the head for a Spirit Monarch. Unfortunately the repair bills on the sword and the Merc's constant deaths were crippling Elric financially and he played quite a lot of these levels as a Bonemancer. I remembered that the merc was still wearing the Sigons Helm & Armour and solved many of the problems by re-equipping him with Shaftstop, Crown of Thieves and an Insight Partizan.
Continued to put points into Bone Spirit and Bone Prison. When they were both maxed, started putting points into Bone Wall.
I killed NM Diablo solo, mainly using Bone Spirit. The merc died early and Elric had no money to resurrect him, so it was just Elric, the Clay Golem & Decrepify. It was slow, but Diablo went down eventually. Elric MPed through all of Act 5, the first half with Cat and the second half with Aitrus and Thyiad. Thanks for putting up with Elric's regular deaths. At this stage he was very low on Vit and if he got hit by elemental damage or forgot to re-cast Bone Armour, he died. Baal went down at lvl 67.

Level 69-77
Equipped my End Game gear. Swapped gloves for Laying of Hands and belt for Credendum. Equipped Doombringer Champion Sword. It was a bit strange going back to normal attack after the Zeal from Passion, but the damage made up for it. AR was starting to become a big problem so I swapped my Defiance Merc for Blessed Aim.
Maxed Bone Wall and started putting points into the summon tree to get revives for the extra security in hell.
Levelled to 77 with Thyiad, Aitrus and Frostburn in NM Baal runs. Solo'd Baal a few times at lvl 69 to prove to that it was viable outside MP.

Hell
Hell was all played at players 1.

Act 1
Fairly uneventful, save for a death and a lot of trouble recovering a corpse, thanks to a Fanatic, Extra Fast Afflicted boss pack in the Catacombs level 3. I Traded for a 4os Eth Cryptic Axe with AJK, which of course I made Insight in. This helped my Merc with the killing. Andariel went down fast and left Elric with yet another IK belt.

Act 2
Melee attacks were a bit slow against the hordes of undead and non demonic foes, as the Laying of Hands was unable to help me out. Most of the Act was played as a bonemancer. Decrep, Bone Spirit, Corpse Explode, rinse repeat. Elric finally got a point into Revive to help with the tanking.

Act 3 & 4
Nothing eventful really. The sword came back out and, coupled with the Laying of Hands made a mess of the flayers. The attack speed was a bit slow and there was a tendency to get mobbed, but Corpse explosion cleared some space. Act 4 was better due to the slower speeds and lower number of demons. Bone Spirit was fantastic at sniping Oblivion Knights from afar. I played most of the Chaos Sanctuary without a Merc as his constant deaths were getting a bit expensive. Hellforge dropped a Mal.

Act 5
The Bloody foothills were filled with Burning Dead Archers and Slingers. It was slow going, but again the Bone Spirit and Corpse Explosion shone, with the help of a spamming of Dim Vision. Elric's first death in a few acts happened on the way to rescue Anya, when he popped an Evil Urn full of Gloams on top of himself. Recovering the body caused about five more deaths. Generally though, Gloams weren't too much of a problem. Elric had 75% lightning resist so after the first flash of lightning he would spam Bone Spirit into empty space and let it pick it's targets.

The ancients were tough. Elric died the first time due to my own stupidity, second time he town portalled when the Merc went down too fast. Third time I forgot to take a scroll with me, so had no way to re-roll. The Merc died very early, leaving me and a Clay Golem. Bone Spirit took out the first two Ancients (one was cursed) while the Clay kept him occupied. The third was down to half health when Elric ran out of Mana Potions and Big Purples. Not wanting to die again, he cast Iron Maiden on the last ancient (he was lightning enhanced Whirlwind, so Elric didn't want to go toe to toe) and cast Clay in front of him. Clay died in one whirlwind, but the Ancients life bar moved a fraction. Elric repeated these conjurings until, eventually, the last Ancient died and the Worldstone Keep was opened up.

The WSK was easily cleared. Claw Vipers spawned on level 2 which gave an excellent source of revives. The Throne spawned Black Souls and Vampires, both easy targets for bone spirit. Decrepify and Corpse Explosion made short work of the Minions, as Elric waded in with the sword. Baal himself didn't offer much resistance, slowed to a speed where he rarely attacked by Decreo and the Clay Golem. Elric hacked at him with the sword until eventually he lay dead at his feet.

Best Finds
Hellforge - Fal (IIRC) in Nightmare, Mal in Hell.
Probably my best find was the Shimmering Grand Charm (+14 resist) that I found in Act 5 Hell. I'm sure it will be making guest appearances in many of my future character's Pat / Mat threads. I also found an Arreat's Face in the WSK level 3. Not bad for players 1 and 0% MF.

Playability
I made a difficult build even more difficult by restricting my equipment choices to fit in with the style of the character. I think this could be a very playable character. These are a few of my suggestions. I am sure more experienced players, and players with access to better equipment could come up with more suggestions.
- Going two handed obviously meant no shield. Weapon and shield would probably be a better option - A nice damage axe or mace with Stormshield would help the melee. The shield could have bumped up the resists quite a bit. I think (correct me if I am wrong) that + all skills (but not + necromancer skill levels) would increase the Zeal skill level on the runeword 'Passion.' There is still the hit causes monster to flee drawback with 'Passion' though.
- Demon Limb on switch would probably have eliminated the AR problems, meaning I could use a might merc to boost the damage, at the expense of the +6 skill points to bone spirit that 'White' gave me. Unless you are prepared to keep swapping the Demon Limb to re-enchant when it wore off.
- More + skills could be got from using a decent Necro head on switch.
- Skin of the Vipermagi would probably have been a better armour all round with the resists and the skill point, or 'Treachery' 'Duress' or similar for a more melee focused build.
- Guillaume's Face, Harlequin Crest, Andariel's Visage may have all made better helms.
- If I had more resists elsewhere, and particularly if there was no leech on the weapon, I would have gone back to String of Ears for the belt.

What Next?
Overall, quite a fun build, challenging in places, that taught me a lot about Necros and the game in general. Elric will take a rest for a while whilst I concentrate on other, more standard builds. I may try out some other equipment options for him, and, who knows, maybe it will even turn into a build guide.

Other Stuff
Mad Mantis' excellent Meleemancer guide was used as the starting point for this build.
If you are interested in knowing more about Elric, have a look at this website or Wikipedia. Or just read the books. Rumors of a film or even a TV series circulate from time to time.

Last edited:
The Kurgan - Patriarch

7fb024725c5f1b0ac83e3422a914a6a5.jpg 315f4912fa305e5abacf5ec332658769.jpg

He came from the steppes of Russia. Nobody knew his real name, they just called him after the tribe he came from. A tribe whose name made the blood run cold. The Kurgan.

Another themed build from me, this time inspired by the character played by Clancy Brown in the 1986 film Highlander. Skills wise he is a straight WW Barb, but I have tried to replicate the look form the film. Have a look at the pictures in the Wikipedia entry and the pictures below. If you haven't seen the film, it's a cult classic, rent it. Don't be put off by the useless sequels or the TV series. The Wiki has some great information on the character's background, so I'm not going to write it all here.

KurganLCS.jpg
KurganInv.jpg

Stats

Character name : The_Kurgan
Character type : Barbarian
Character level : 84
Character exp : 998148566

Strength : 175
Energy : 10
Dexterity : 99
Vitality : 231

Life : 1123 / 1105
Mana : 143 / 93
Stamina : 633 / 381

AR: 8.8K after enchant, 5.5K without.
WW Damage: 2.5 to 5K
Beserk / Concentration Damage: Also about 5K.

Damage reduction: 34%
Mana & Life Leech: Both at 14%
Resists in Hell (Post Anya): 75% Fire/ 28% Cold / 75% Lightning / 14% Poison.

Skills
20 Whirlwind
20 Sword mastery
20 Battle Orders
15 Shout
5 Natural Resistance
1 Beserk, Battle Command, Taunt, Battle Cry, War Cry

Equipment
Weapon1: "Oath" Ethereal Balrog Blade
Shield1: I went 2-handed.

Switch1: Demon Limb (for the enchant charges)
Switch2: Wand with Life Tap charges. Never used it though.

Helm: Vampire Gaze + 9% RA Jewel
Armour: Griswold's with Ort and 2 Jewels
Belt: String of Ears (T-Gods in Gloam areas)
Boots: Goblin Toe
Gloves: Laying of Hands
Amulet: Rare
Ring1: Ravenfrost
Ring2: Rare

Code:
Oath
Balrog Blade
'ShaelPulMalLum'
One-Hand Damage: 76 to 389
Two-Hand Damage: 285 to 615
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 175
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x620bdd69
+10 to Energy
+248% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+10 Magic Absorb
Indestructible
30% Chance to cast Level 20 Bone Spirit on striking
Level 16 Heart of Wolverine (19/20 Charges)
Level 17 Iron Golem (14/14 Charges)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Griswold's Heart
Ornate Plate
'Ort'
Defense: 950
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xecd3a4f8
+20 to Strength
+15 to Maximum Stamina
+13 to Minimum Damage
+500 Defense
Lightning Resist +56%
Cold Resist +29%
Replenish Life +1
Requirements -40%
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Sapphire Jewel of Bliss
Fingerprint: 0x500e618d
+5 to Minimum Damage
Cold Resist +29%

Stone Heart
Jewel
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xb34b1557
+15 to Maximum Stamina
+8 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +26%
Replenish Life +1

Ort Rune
Inserted into a Ornate Plate

Lightning Resist +30%

Ghoul Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 66
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xf4538460
+2 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +40%
Adds 1-14 lightning damage
8% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels

Shadow Eye
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x77acb655
+1 to Life
+54 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +11%
Cold Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%
3% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +8

Dire Bane
Yew Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Durability: 15 of 15
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xe3ca7e36
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 6-20 cold damage over 1 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
9% Mana stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead
Level 3 Life Tap (82/82 Charges)

Inventory: Packed with AR charms, 2x8 slot free, Tome of TP & the cube.
Code:
Fanatic Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x3af35536
+10 to Life
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Garnet Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x68a80d8b
Fire Resist +24%

Steel Grand Charm
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x826fbc3d
+132 to Attack Rating

Steel Small Charm of Life
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x24bc98ea
+7 to Life
+27 to Attack Rating

Steel Large Charm
Required Level: 44
Fingerprint: 0x8e5a3a4c
+73 to Attack Rating

Steel Large Charm of Winter
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x4871c83c
+63 to Attack Rating
Adds 5-12 cold damage over 1 seconds

Steel Grand Charm
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x11dfce2e
+123 to Attack Rating

Emerald Large Charm of Dexterity
Fingerprint: 0xd1bc3c37
+3 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +15%

Steel Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd83742d8
+29 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Strength
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xa5bb6eb7
+2 to Strength
+20 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Steel Large Charm of Craftmanship
Fingerprint: 0x6ba1d561
+72 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage

Steel Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x70c84b7c
+72 to Attack Rating

Finds
Hellforge: NM can't remember, Hell Mal. Very pleased with the Mal as I can now make an Oath eth zerker axe for my Fanatic Zealot.
I found Griswold's Valor on the Plains of Despair and a Lum in the Arcane Sanctuary. Boss drops were junk as usual.

Random Thoughts
He was pretty much a cookie cutter build, just built with a different look than the norm. Vampire Gaze is a great helm, but getting the armour to look right meant I had to patch up resists in other areas. Duress ot Lionheart would have been great normally, but they just don't look the same.

He is my first true melee pat, and I enjoyed playing him. I thought Beserk would be ideal for Physical Immunes, but now I'm not so sure. The trouble is that many of the PIs are mana burn. I was going to make a Passion Beserker Axe for other characters, but my experience from this build has made me reconsider.

Retirement plans - not sure, he may yet be seen in a MP Baal run every now and again.

Last edited:
Dante - Patriach Avenger

Presenting Patrich Dante, the two handed flaming avenger. He has a few chance to casts to give a fiery effect. They don't do much damage, but they look great.

Dante Action.jpg

Stats

Character name : Dante
Character type : Paladin
Character level : 82
Character exp : 821462220

Strength: 166
Energy: 15
Dexterity: 85
Vitality: 239

Life: 1017 / 919
Mana: 221 / 136
Stamina: 393 / 384

AR: 1494
Vengance Damage: 2.6 to 5.7K

Leech: 11% Mana, 15% Life
Resists in Hell (Post Anya): 82% Fire/ 75% Cold / 85% Lightning / 28% Poison.
Attack Speed: 80IAS = 12FPA

It is the chance to casts that gives Dante his fiery theme:
2% Chance to cast Level 10 Enchant on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Blaze when struck
12% Chance to cast Level 16 Firestorm on striking

Dante LCS and Inv.jpg

Skills
20 Vengeance
20 Conviction
20 Resist Lightning
14 Resist Cold
8 Resist Fire
1 Vigor - Very useful as I was wearing a heavy armour.
10 prereqs.

Equipment
Weapon: Flamebellow Balrog Blade + Shael

Helm: Kira's Guardian (69% resist all pre Hell ATMA, 57% after), both socketed with Jewels of Fervour.
Armour: Upped Goldskin with Jewel of Fervour.
Belt: Nosferatu's Coil
Boots: Infernostride
Gloves: Lava Gout
Amulet: Rare
Ring1: Rare
Ring2: Rare

Code:
Flamebellow
Balrog Blade
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 50 to 252
Two-Hand Damage: 185 to 397
Durability: 43 of 50
Required Dexterity: 87
Required Strength: 185
Required Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0xaeae4066
+10 to Strength
+9 to Vitality
+237% Enhanced Damage
Adds 233-482 fire damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+17 to Inferno
+3 to Fire Skills
22% Fire Absorb
12% Chance to cast Level 16 Firestorm on striking

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 122
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x9ca51144
+79 Defense
All Resistances +57
15% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
9% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Cannot Be Frozen

Dun Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x7eabbb6f
9% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Eagle Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 66
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0x93c85c06
+2 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +30%
Cold Resist +37%
8% Mana stolen per hit
38% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Goldskin
Chaos Armor
Defense: 768
Durability: 67 of 70
Required Strength: 140
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xdf8806fc
+144% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +35
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
Required Level +5

Jewel of Fervor
Item Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x8283a298

Shadow Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x3fc679fd
+62 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
8% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Nosferatu's Coil
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 58
Durability: 12 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0xc329581d
+15 to Strength
7% Life stolen per hit
-3 to Light Radius
10% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Slows Target by 10%

Infernostride
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 103
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xb07242f2
+146% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Fire Resist +30%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 12-33 fire damage
46% Extra Gold from Monsters
+2 to Light Radius
20% Faster Run/Walk
5% Chance to cast Level 8 Blaze when struck

Lava Gout
Battle Gauntlets
Defense: 131
Durability: 38 of 38
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0xc1cbbf49
+173% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +24%
Adds 13-46 fire damage
+20 Maximum Durability
Half Freeze Duration
2% Chance to cast Level 10 Enchant on striking

Shadow Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x7a32b18c
+2 to Dexterity
+82 to Mana
Lightning Resist +26%

Inventory: 3x Offensive Aura Skillers (traded from nubikoen), Elemental Damage Charms with FHR second mods, 2x8 slot free, Tomes of Identify & TP & the cube.
Code:
Captain's Grand Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x3b22eed0
7% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Captain's Grand Charm
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xf61ac568

Captain's Grand Charm of Strength
Fingerprint: 0x3dee32cb
+4 to Strength

Shimmering Grand Charm of Balance
Required Level: 6
Item Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x9be7d913
All Resistances +6
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Arcing Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xd784d2be
Adds 1-58 lightning damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Shocking Large Charm of Balance
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xac4b3366
Adds 1-67 lightning damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Smoldering Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x8542d49a
+18 to Life
Adds 2-4 fire damage

Lizard's Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x1e2d88b7
+17 to Life
+3 to Mana

Sapphire Small Charm of Incineration
Fingerprint: 0x8d444e5
Cold Resist +10%
Adds 6-10 fire damage

Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xcb09335c
+36 to Life

Tangerine Small Charm of Shock
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xe06675a3
Lightning Resist +4%
Adds 1-3 lightning damage

Mercenary Equipment
Godly Wire Fleece of the Mammoth
Defense: 1344
Durability: 25 of 32
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x1b4eeb33
+37 to Life
+179% Enhanced Defense

Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Weapon: The Reaper's Toll

Finds
Hellforge: NM Um, Hell Hel.
No memorable finds, boss drops were junk as usual.

Random Thoughts
This character was made following Asmodeous' guide, pretty much to the letter. Big thanks to Asmo for posting it.
Nightmare was easy. So was some of Hell for that matter, as I was MPing with 3 sorcs. The conviction aura was great for them, but I hardly needed to swing the sword.
Playing solo was fine, on P1 most monsters go down in 1-2 hits. Crowd control is the biggest problem. Staying close to the merc solved this, his Holy Freeze and Decrepify slowing things down nicely. Problem was, if he died, I died, unless I could run away. This made play a bit slow, but challenging and enjoyable.
Biggest problem was when I got to the throne for the first time. It spawned Horadrim Ancients, Dolls & Gloams, and a boss pack of HAs near the steps. I died and couldn't get my body back. As fast as the merc killed the dolls & gloams, the HAs ressurected them. So I had to S&E and clear the botton two levels of the WSK again.
Overall an interesting & fun character to play. And he looked good, which (you may be starting to realise by now) is important for my characters.

Thanks for reading.

Dante.jpg

Last edited:
First there were no images. Only names. A long list of names chanted in a booming voice that seemed to have a trace of mockery in it.
Corum Jhaelen Irsei. Konrad Arflane. Von Bek. Urlik Skarsol. Aubec of Kaneloon. Shaleen. Artos. Alerik. Erekosë

I tried to stop the voice there. I tried to shout, to say that I was Erekosë—only Erekosë. But I could not speak.

The roll continued:
Ryan. Hawkmoon. Powys. Cornell. Brian. Umpata. Sojan. Klan. Clovis Marca. Pournachas. Oshbek-Uy. Ulysses. Ilanth. Renark…

My own voice came now:
“NO! I AM ONLY EREKOSE.”
“Champion Eternal. Fate’s Soldier.”
“NO!”
Elric. Mejink-La-Kos. Cornelius.
“NO! NO! I AM WEARY. I CAN WAR NO MORE!”
The sword. The armour. The battle banners. Fire. Death. Ruin.
“NO!”

Erekose - Patriach WereBear

Presenting Patrich Erekose, the two-handed sword wielding WereBear. He hacks down his foes with an upped Craint Vomir, supported by ravens, wolves and a Heart of the Wolverine spirit. His faithful mercenary Jemali adds a might aura and takes care of the Physical Immunes with the Reaper's Toll.

Stats

Character name : Erekose
Character type : Druid
Character exp : 811316643

Strength : 154
Energy : 20
Dexterity : 100
Vitality : 226

Life : 1943 / 638
Mana : 246 / 182
Stamina : 374 / 366

AR: Around 7K (according to the LCS) when Maul is fully charged.
Maul Damage: LCS says about 3K, but I think it was in reality higher. It doesn't seem to take into account WereBear or Heart of the Wolverine bonuses.

Leech: 4% Mana, 11% Life
Resists in Hell (Post Anya): 75% Fire/ 32% Cold / 75% Lightning / 42% Poison.
Attack Speed: 70IAS on Weapon, 20 IAS off = 7FPA

Skills
20 Maul
20 Dire Wolf
20 Heart of the Wolverine
11 Lycanthropy
16 Werebear
1 Shockwave
1 Summon Grizzly
1 Raven
3 Prereqs

After pre-buff with my weapon switch, I had 5 ravens. Most of the time I used wolves, and they held up pretty well. If I needed a bigger tank, I could summon a grizzly with 5K life, but his damage was pretty poor.

Equipment
Weapon: Crainte Vomir Legend Sword + Shael

Switch: Islestrike + Spirit Monarch

Helm: Jalal's Mane + Ort
Armour: Smoke Greak Hauberk.
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: Rares with resists
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Ring1: Angelic Halo
Ring2: Rare Dual Leech

Code:
Crainte Vomir
Legend Sword
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 65 to 166
Two-Hand Damage: 148 to 279
Durability: 12 of 44
Required Dexterity: 100
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 51
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xebd1568c
+197% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 10%
Required Level +7
70% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Run/Walk
-70 to Monster Defense Per Hit
Slows Target by 35%

Jalal's Mane
Totemic Mask
'Ort'
Defense: 267
Durability: 18 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x91348d6b
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+170% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +60%
Cold Resist +30%
Poison Resist +30%
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

Smoke
Great Hauberk
'NefLum'
Defense: 833
Durability: 49 of 50
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0xa4e5c21e
+10 to Energy
+75% Enhanced Defense
+280 Defense vs. Missile
All Resistances +50
-1 to Light Radius
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Level 6 Weaken (18/18 Charges)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Angelic Wings
Amulet
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x8df7fb0b
+3 to Light Radius
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+75 to Life
+1 to All Skill Levels

Angelic Halo
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xb0663330
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6

+984 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Order Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0x142b6929
+4 to Mana
Cold Resist +12%
Poison Resist +22%
4% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 112
Fingerprint: 0x1bdab437
+179% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 11
Damage Reduced by 14%
7% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Glyph Spur
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 34
Durability: 12 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xd4b55f5e
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +10%
47% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 84
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xb059ef02
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
350% Damage to Demons
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Holy Bolt on striking

Islestrike
Twin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 35 to 102
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 85
Required Level: 43
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x2a813c08
+10 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+10 to Dexterity
+10 to Vitality
+171% Enhanced Damage
+50 Defense vs. Missile
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+1 to Fury (Druid Only)
+1 to Maul (Druid Only)
25% Chance of Crushing Blow

Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 141
Chance to Block:  42%
Fingerprint: 0x4d0fdac8
+22 to Vitality
+97 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
55% Faster Hit Recovery
29% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+5 Magic Absorb

Inventory: 2x Druid Summoning Skillers, resist charms, 4x8 slot free, Tomes of Identify & TP & the cube.
Code:
Trainer's Grand Charm of Frost
Fingerprint: 0xd9a05979
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Trainer's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd89baeca
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Sharp Grand Charm of Balance
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xfa045782
+57 to Attack Rating
+7 to Maximum Damage
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Rugged Small Charm of Inertia
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x6d82fbc
+8 to Maximum Stamina
3% Faster Run/Walk

Russet Small Charm of Dexterity
Item Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x849f1474
+1 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +6%

Tangerine Small Charm of Strength
Required Level: 5
Item Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x8625d60b
+1 to Strength
Lightning Resist +3%

Coral Large Charm
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0x485845e1
Lightning Resist +12%

Sapphire Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xfbc9eae7
Cold Resist +10%

Mercenary Equipment
Helm: Crown of Thieves
Armour: Black Hades 'OrtTalThul' for the 30% resist all with the helm.

Finds
Hellforge: NM Lum (IIRC), Hell Mal.
Erekose and Fine SC of Vita.jpg
I have already posted it in the Item Find Thread, but I think it warrants repeating:

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x68361b56
+20 to Life
+19 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Random Thoughts
Probably one of the safer characters I have played. In many ways it felt like playing a necro with a smaller army and a strong attack of my own. I have decrep from the Reapers Toll and blind from the Ravens, and lots of targets for monsters to engage with the wolves. Bosses were especially easy, thanks to the Reapers and the slow from the Crainte Vomir.

The weapon was chosen primarily for it's speed. As most people know, on weapon speed is everything for a were character, so the Crainte fitted in well here. The other mods were good too, just a shame the damage isn't higher.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Nemesis - Matriach TS/DS Fishysin

The desert mercenary picked the pieces of demon out of the links in his chainmail. It irked him that he always seemed to get covered in the stuff, but she somehow always managed to remain immalculately clean.
"An impressive sword strike, but I think you overdid it a bit with that last corpse explosion," he grinned.
The assassin's face was expressionless.
"You can never have too much corpse explosion"

Presenting Matriach Nemesis, the two-handed sword wielding Assassin. She swings slowly but delivers one heck of a hit when the charges are released. And then the Death Sentry levels the area. Devastating in Hell at P1.

Nemesis Charged Up.jpg

Nemesis LSC Switch.jpg

Nemesis Pandemonium Fortress.jpg

Stats

Character name : Nemesis
Character type : Assassin
Character exp : 813297467

Strength : 191
Energy : 25
Dexterity : 72
Vitality : 217

Life : 977 / 863
Mana : 185 / 146
Stamina : 442 / 442

AR: Around 10K
Tiger Strike Damage (when charging): 803-1409
Tiger Strike Damage (when released): 3346-7025 when fully charged
Lightning Sentry Damage: 1-2200

Leech: 6% Mana, 14% Life
Resists in Hell : All 75% with Fade active.
Attack Speed: 100 IAS = 14FPA (Well Hrus did warn me it would be slow)
FHR: 52 (48 required for 5 frames)

Skills
20 Death Sentry
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Tiger Strike
20 Shadow Master
3 Fire Blast
1 in all Shadow Skills except venom

All points spent at lvl 82. If I level her further I may get Dragon Flight, but it isn't needed. Either that or put them into Fire Blast for more DS shots.

Equipment
Weapon: Vile Husk Balrog Blade + Shael

Switch1: Witch-hunter's Scissors Quhab (+2 'sin skills, +3 LS, +3SM, +1 Venom)
Switch2: Witch-hunter's Scissors Katar (+2 'sin skills)

Helm: Kira's Guardian & Camphor Jewel of Fervor
Armour: 'Treachery' Dusk Shroud
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: Natalya's Soul
Amulet: Angelic Wings
Ring1: Angelic Halo
Ring2: Rare Dual Leech

Code:
Nemesis' The Vile Husk
Balrog Blade
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 44 to 223
Two-Hand Damage: 163 to 351
Durability: 46 of 50
Fingerprint: 0x20fbcfd9
+198% Enhanced Damage
Poison Resist +50%
+249 poison damage over 6 seconds
Required Level +7
6% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
615% Damage to Undead (Based on Character Level)
820% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Undead (Based on Character Level)

Witch-hunter's Scissors Quhab
One-Hand Damage: 19 to 40
Durability: 68 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 82
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x5ad4d1ed
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+1 to Venom (Assassin Only)
+2 to Shadow Master (Assassin Only)
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Witch-hunter's Scissors Katar
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 17
Durability: 68 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 55
Claw Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x6b9747f

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 148
Fingerprint: 0x89a6ce6a
+106 Defense
Fire Resist +68%
Lightning Resist +75%
Cold Resist +68%
Poison Resist +68%
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen

Camphor Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0x71e1e336
Lightning Resist +7%

Treachery
Dusk Shroud
'ShaelThulLem'
Defense: 446
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0xab6963c6
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
45% Increased Attack Speed
20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Chance to cast Level 15 Venom on striking
5% Chance to cast Level 15 Fade when struck

String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 106
Fingerprint: 0x531a163d
+160% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 13%
7% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

Natalya's Soul
Mesh Boots
Defense: 128
Durability: 66 of 66
Kick Damage: 23 to 52
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xd5d2a753
+86 Defense
Lightning Resist +25%
Cold Resist +18%
+50 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 20% (Based on Character Level)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Fingerprint: 0xef897130
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
350% Damage to Demons

Angelic Wings
Amulet
Item Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x3bbefd5b
+3 to Light Radius
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

+75 to Life
+1 to All Skill Levels

Grim Knot
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x19e14a92
+1 to Dexterity
+97 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +23%
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit

Angelic Halo
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xc4e6d21f
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6

+984 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Inventory: 2x Entrapping Skillers, AR charms, 2x4 slot free, Tomes of Identify & TP & the cube.
Code:
Entrapping Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x477dd0f8
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Entrapping Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x94bc5452
+12 to Life
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Snake's Grand Charm
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x6770096a
+39 to Mana

Steel Small Charm of Flame
Fingerprint: 0x3c192ac8
+27 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-2 fire damage

Steel Large Charm of Shock
Fingerprint: 0x86c4e4f
+67 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-4 lightning damage

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Fingerprint: 0xd4d2e40b
+11 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fine Small Charm of Greed
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0x7af78961
+14 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
10% Extra Gold from Monsters

Steel Large Charm
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x5b1a682
+75 to Attack Rating

Steel Large Charm
Item Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xd81c64b
+69 to Attack Rating

Iron Grand Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 23
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x241aff7a
+5 to Dexterity
+84 to Attack Rating

Fine Large Charm of Strength
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x188bf04
+4 to Strength
+15 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Coral Small Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x8142a148
+7 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Mercenary Equipment
A2 Blessed Aim merc:
Armour: Duriel's Shell (Ethereal)

Finds
Hellforge: NM Pul, Hell Io.
I found a few useful but not great rares, but otherwise nothing of note.

Gameplay
Assassins are capped at 13FPA with 2h swords, even with BoS active. This makes the attacking slow, but the strength of the attack made up for it. The damage to demons from LoH and the damage to undead from The Vile Husk work beautifully together to significantly increase my damage against most opponents. Unfortunately, some of the more dangerous monstes do not fit into either of these categories - Thrashers, Minotaurs and Scarabs all hit hard. With 15% DR from fade and 13% from String of Ears their attacks were softened a bit, and only one crpse is needed for the Death Sentry to do its work.

I played hell at P1. After playing my remaining two sept chars through NM (they are fragile) I wanted to up the pace a bit. This character is probably one of the quickest and most versatile killers I have played at P1, but P3 slows her down a lot. A Reapers Merc is always useful, but his main function was the Blessed Aim - as I was finishing with Normal attack, missing was a problem when he died.

Treachery worked well for the build, especially for the huge chunk of IAS. I was using Fade anyway, casting at lvl 7 with my switch equipment. This got my resists maxed, so I didn't need to rely on Fade triggering from the armour. I also got free lvl 15 Venom, which added a bit of damage.

Overall one of the most fun builds I have played, and definately one of the coolest looking. The drawback is that she is a loner - the loss of effectiveness of Corpse Explosion at higher player setting (or when MPing) reduces her effectivness considerably. But if you used a higher speed weapon (Ribby?) she would probably work well, at the expense of style.

Nemesis Ancients.jpg

Thanks
Thanks for reading, and especially thanks to the legendary Nightfish himself for suggesting an upped Vile Husk for the weapon in my planning thread. And of course another thanks to Fishy for writing the TS/DS Assassin guide in the first place.

Last edited:
Matriach Yisselda - Zerkazon

Yisselda lay back on the couch.
"I don't know, even as a girl I never played with javelins or bows like the other Amazons. I just always preferred swords. And as far as swords are concerned, the bigger the better."

Her psychoanalyst looked up from his notebook and raised an eyebrow.
"Aah. A textbook Freudian case."

Presenting Yisselda the two handed sword wielding Amazon, using Berserk as her main attack. Or 'Zerkazon' as I have called her.

Yisselda LCS and Baal.jpg

Yisselda Moon Lord.jpg

Stats
Character name : Yisselda
Character type : Amazon
Character exp : 825255374

Strength : 185
Energy : 15
Dexterity : 87
Vitality : 213

Life : 951 / 851
Mana : 156 / 136
Stamina : 358 / 358

AR: 5375
Berserk Damage: 728-1685

Resists in Hell : 75 Fire / 50 Cold / 75 Lightning / 54 Poison
Attack Speed: 60 IAS = 12FPA
FHR: 52 =6 Frames

Skills
20 Penetrate
20 Valkyrie
20 Dodge
8 Avoid
10 Evade
9 Critical Strike
1 all other passives, Magic Arrow & Multishot.

Equipment
Weapon: 'Passion' Balrog Blade

Switch: Buriza-Do Kyanon
This was quite useful in NM with 1 point in Multishot, but effectively useless in Hell.

Helm: Kira's Guardian & Jewel of Fervor
Armour: Shaftstop socketed with a 14/14 Scintillating Jewel of Carnage
Belt: Upped Nightsmoke
Boots: Natalya's Soul
Amulet: Seraph's Hymn
Ring1: Rare with resists & AR
Ring2: Rare with resists & AR

Code:
Passion
Yisselda's Balrog Blade
'DolOrtEldLem'
One-Hand Damage: 42 to 210
Two-Hand Damage: 154 to 330
Durability: 50 of 50
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa8b742c3
+180% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Berserk
+1 to Zeal
Hit Blinds Target +10
75% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 121
Durability: 24 of 25
Fingerprint: 0xc9eb7b71
+7% Enhanced Damage
+73 Defense
All Resistances +60
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen

Cinnabar Jewel of Fervor
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x116a24dc
+7% Enhanced Damage

Seraph's Hymn
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x5902d626
+2 to Light Radius
40% Damage to Demons
43% Damage to Undead
+178 to Attack Rating against Demons
+165 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Shaftstop
Mesh Armor
Defense: 654
Durability: 44 of 45
Required Strength: 92
Required Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xeaac0927
+60 to Life
+206% Enhanced Defense
+14 to Maximum Damage
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Damage Reduced by 30%
All Resistances +14

Scintillating Jewel of Carnage
Required Level: 26
Item Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xd38b1c2
+14 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +14

Nightsmoke
Mesh Belt
Defense: 72
Durability: 11 of 16
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x510d17ef
+20 to Mana
+47% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Damage Reduced by 2
All Resistances +10
Required Level +5
50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

Natalya's Soul
Mesh Boots
Defense: 156
Durability: 65 of 66
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x538392b6
+114 Defense
Lightning Resist +21%
Cold Resist +25%
+50 Maximum Durability
40% Faster Run/Walk
Heal Stamina Plus 20% (Based on Character Level)

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Fingerprint: 0x585fe49a
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
350% Damage to Demons

Doom Circle
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xdf1d4b6d
+34 to Life
+101 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +16%
Poison Resist +29%

Shadow Eye
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x77acb655
+1 to Life
+54 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +11%
Cold Resist +11%
Poison Resist +11%
3% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +8

Buriza-Do Kyanon
Ballista
Two-Hand Damage: 96 to 365
Required Dexterity: 80
Required Strength: 110
Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xbc5fb564
+35 to Dexterity
+191% Enhanced Damage
+145 Defense
Adds 32-196 cold damage over 8 seconds
80% Increased Attack Speed
Freezes Target +3
Piercing Attack [100]
+205 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Inventory: Acrobatic GC, Acrobatic GC of Balance, Dalance Charms, AR charms, 2x4 slot free, Tomes of Identify & TP & the cube.
Code:
Acrobatic Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x91cf8223
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Steel Grand Charm
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x826fbc3d
+132 to Attack Rating

Acrobatic Grand Charm of Life
Fingerprint: 0x5575ca35
+5 to Life
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Small Charm of Frost
Item Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x63b47eba
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

Steel Large Charm of Craftmanship
Fingerprint: 0x6ba1d561
+72 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage

Steel Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8e5a3a4c
+73 to Attack Rating

Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0xe7dab677
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0xb9b35fe1
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x27a51975
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0xacd0a85c
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Steel Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x6bd991b8
+106 to Attack Rating

Ocher Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x1d25af25
Lightning Resist +7%

Ocher Small Charm
Item Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0xda9eed0b
Lightning Resist +7%

Mercenary Equipment
A2 Holy Freeze merc:
Armour: Duriel's Shell (Ethereal)

Finds
Hellforge: NM Lem, Hell Fal.
+1 Alma Negra from Diablo, a few charms but nothing particularly memorable.

Random Thoughts
I was worried about this build in the beginning. It didn't help that Superdave and Insane Wayne had both made passive only naked guardians. If I couldn't make a twinked Matriarch in softcore, it would be a bit embarrassing to say the least.

My main concern with this build was crowd control. I knew that my damage would be fairly low, so I would need to be in the thick of things slugging it out. Nightfish recommended Darksight Helm with the CoS charges, but in the end I found that I didn't need it. Dodge/Avoid/Evade seemed to do the job pretty well and Shaftstop is great for when a hit does get through. The merc with Holy freeze and a Reapers slows things down nicely, but needs a bit of looking after. I found that he needed me as much as I needed him. Add in an almost fully synergised Valk and Decoy and it all looks pretty good. Slow missiles was spammed whenever ranged attackers were about. Slowing Burning Dead archers, Spear Cats, Unravellers and even the charged bolts from Scarabs down to a crawl works wonders for safety. When there were no ranged attackers, I was using Inner Sight. I'm not sure if these two work together or not, but I assumed they were like curses so two cannot be active at the same time.

Well the build was built around the sword. Berserk seemed like a nice choice, but getting the damage up would be an issue. Initially I planned to use Darksight Helm and Mara's but, partly because I wanted the Mara's for another build, I decided to go with Kira's and Seraph's Hymn. This added a nice chunk of damage to undead and demons, as well as AR. LoH made demons a fairly easy target, and 60% critical strike helps a lot. The main problem was with non undead / demons. Unfortunately this category includes some hard hitters - Yetis, Frenzytaurs and Scarabs, but generally they took a bit of time and went down eventually.

The Ancients were a different matter. They were too quick and I was doing too little damage. For the only time in the Sept, I had to twink on some backup gear. On came Kelpie Snare for the Merc and Guillaume's Face and Gore Riders for me. I took my resistances down into the red, but I gave it a go. First try I separated the three and crushing Blow made short work of the first ancient. Unfortunately he was Fire Enhanced and his dying corpse explosion coupled with my low fire resist took me out too. Second time was no problem though.

All in all a pretty safe build and good fun to play. I enjoyed wading into packs with my little team of three. Replace the shaftstop with Fortitude (if you are rich enough) and you would have a very playable character.

Thanks
Thanks for reading. Thanks also to Nightfish for his equipment advice in my planning thread, and to AJK for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Matriarch Cymoril - Enchantress

Presenting Matriarch Cymoril, the final build from my two handed sword sept.

Cymoril vs Diablo.jpg

Stats
Character name : Cymoril
Character type : Sorceress
Character level : 83
Character exp : 892776074

Strength : 119
Energy : 35
Dexterity : 93
Vitality : 258
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 910 / 678
Mana : 400 / 199
Stamina : 474 / 404

AR: 4901
Zeal Damage: 3132-3884
Frozen Orb Damage: 384-403

Resists in Hell : 75 Fire / 52 Cold / 75 Lightning / 60 Poison
Attack Speed: 75 IAS = 8/9 Zeal with Passion Champion Sword
FHR: 20 = 11 Frames. Not nearly enough, but I had to compromise somewhere.

Skills
20 Frozen Orb
7 Cold Mastery
20 Warmth
20 Enchant
15 Fire Mastery
1 Teleport
1 Shiver Armour

Equipment
Weapon: 'Passion' Champion Sword.
I made it ages ago, in a superior weapon. Back then I didn't know about the huge repair bill for superior runewords, but a few Ort runes in the stash sorted that out.

Switch: Rare Orb +2 Sorc Skills, +1 Energy Shield, 20 FCR and Spirit Monarch

Helm: Glyph Crest Coronet - +1 Skills, 5% Life Leech, +24 Str, +15RA, socketed with Ambergris Jewel of Fervour.

Full Disciple Set:
Armour: Dark Adherent socketed with a Camphor Jewel of Fervour
Belt: Credendum
Boots: Rite of Passage
Amulet: Telling of Beads

Ring1: Beast Coil - 110 AR, 6% LL, 10% FCR
Ring2: Dread Knot - 119 AR, 4% ML, 10% FCR, resists.

Code:
Passion
Cymoril's Superior Champion Sword
'DolOrtEldLem'
One-Hand Damage: 69 to 157
Two-Hand Damage: 206 to 241
Durability: 45 of 46
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 163
Required Level: 57
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x946e1845
+186% Enhanced Damage
+5% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Durability 14%
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Zeal
+1 to Berserk
Hit Blinds Target +10
59% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)

Glyph Crest
Coronet
Defense: 59
Durability: 30 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x88a6509c
+24 to Strength
+44% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +42%
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Ambergris Jewel of Fervor
Fingerprint: 0xb6a4e8f7
Lightning Resist +27%

Fiend Whorl
Eldritch Orb
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 50
Durability: 30 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 50
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x8d60b92c
+40 to Life
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Adds 1-75 lightning damage
+150 poison damage over 5 seconds
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
Level 7 Frost Nova (56/56 Charges)

Spirit
Monarch
'TalThulOrtAmn'
Defense: 143
Chance to Block:  42%
Fingerprint: 0xc1dc245d
+22 to Vitality
+98 to Mana
+250 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +35%
Cold Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
55% Faster Hit Recovery
31% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to All Skill Levels
+4 Magic Absorb

Telling of Beads
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xebcdbe06
Cold Resist +18%
Poison Resist +44%
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
+1 to All Skill Levels

Dark Adherent
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 786
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0xf2d12c31
+326 Defense
Fire Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +11%
Adds 24-34 poison damage over 2 seconds
25% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova when struck

Camphor Jewel of Fervor
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x8d24508e
Lightning Resist +11%

Beast Coil
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x28902aef
+3 to Mana
+110 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7
10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Mana After Each Kill

Dread Knot
Ring
Required Level: 46
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x2d35cbc8
+119 to Attack Rating
Damage Reduced by 2
Cold Resist +24%
Poison Resist +6%
4% Mana stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate

Credendum
Mithril Coil
Defense: 111
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x7f97a0f0
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
+50 Defense
All Resistances +15

Rite of Passage
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 58
Fingerprint: 0x13757ce5
+24 to Maximum Stamina
+25 Defense
30% Faster Run/Walk
Half Freeze Duration

Laying of Hands
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 86
Fingerprint: 0xc5142c50
+25 Defense
Fire Resist +50%
350% Damage to Demons

Inventory: AR charms, Lightning Resist Charms, SCs of Vita, 2x4 slot free, Tome of Identify & the cube. Scrolls of TP were in the belt.
Code:
Steel Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xaf691a73
+96 to Attack Rating

Iron Grand Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x815e921e
+40 to Life
+83 to Attack Rating

Steel Large Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xc7c6a10
+17 to Life
+62 to Attack Rating

Rugged Small Charm of Balance
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x6f9bec92
+8 to Maximum Stamina
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Steel Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7b7c1c18
+64 to Attack Rating

Bronze Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x39ab1557
+7 to Attack Rating
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Rugged Small Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x56a12c76
+16 to Maximum Stamina
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x6fa9342f
+17 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xe97fdbda
+17 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x9f2ef36f
+18 to Life

Steel Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa961ab5a
+55 to Attack Rating

Sapphire Small Charm of Balance
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x64f51760
Cold Resist +10%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Small Charm of Vita
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x90e19f52
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0xcf60a9d
+19 to Life

Amber Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x32a1658f
Lightning Resist +10%

Amber Grand Charm of Burning
Required Level: 22
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x52671ae9
Lightning Resist +28%
Adds 3-7 fire damage

Mercenary Equipment
A2 Holy Freeze merc:
Armour: Duriel's Shell

Finds
Hellforge: NM Fal, Hell Lum.
Ethereal Vampire Gaze from a chest in NM Durance of Hate.

Random Thoughts
I needed +3 to all skills to get 5 zeal hits. Mara's and Vipermagi may have been a better choice, but I had the full Disciple set in the stash and no Mara's free, so decided to use it. On first sight, it seemed a great choice for this build. Nice resists (except lightning), strength and dext boost, +3 to all skills, 350% damage to demons. In retrospect I'm not sure if it is so great for this build. No life boost, no FHR and no AR. If I was building her again I would probably go IK belt, boots, gloves, Vipermagi, Seraph's Hymn and Kira's. But I decided to play it out as it's nice to have a full set character and it wasn't too bad, although not ideal.

In NM I tried energy shield for a bit of protection. This worked fine for a few NM Baal runs, but by Hell it was draining my mana too much. I put a point into Shiver Armour and this helped alot. I was far too low on life, so I levelled up to 81 in the Ancient Tunnels, moved some scrolls of TP into the belt instead of carrying the tome and dropped two SCs of balance. This gave me four slots to fill with SCs of Vita. It was at this point I was really missing FHR and AR in my gear, as I could have got a lot more life into the stash.

The build was a bit lacking in crowd control. Nightfish recommended Darksight Helm for the Zerkazon, but I could have used it here. I would have changed helm, but by the time I realised my mistake I was in hell. I get 24 points of strength from the circlet, so by swapping helms I wouldn't have been able to equip the sword. So I was reliant on the Holy Freeze + Reapers from the merc. It was great when he was alive, but when he died, all I could do was teleport out of the fray. Teleport was also very useful for keeping the merc close. Dante, my avenger also used the same crowd control method but without teleport it was much more difficult to position the merc.

Another difficulty with this build was actually getting to use the sword. I had to make a conscious effort to play with the sword, or I probably could have gone through most of the game with Frozen Orb alone. I restricted myself to only using Orb on Fire Immunes, and even then I still tried to use the physical damage from the sword to dispatch them as much as possible. Another trouble was, as the merc was enchanted too, he killed quicker than I did. But in the end I did manage to do more than my fair share of the killing sword in hand.

One strange thing playing this character is the attack animation. Instead of doing a mighty overhead strike like all the other characters do, she leans back and does some kind of ridiculous looking uppercut. No wonder sorceresses are not known for their weapon skills. You can see it in the picture above - very strange.

Overall, probably my least favourite of the sept. But then I wasn't really excited by her at the planning stage either, and maybe that was part of the problem. It's a shame to end the sept on a down note, but I guess you play the builds that most excite you first.

Cymoril vs Ventaur.jpg

Thanks
Thanks for reading, and especially to AJK and Delreich for help with the Zeal IAS breaks for sorcs.

Last edited:
Sept Complete
Sept Complete.jpg

Most of these characters haven't been touched since. I made a new Kurgan, so he got renamed & respecced for Trav running then PvP. Elric I still work on from time to time to improve his gear, I still haven't really found the right sword for him. I still pich up two handed swords in the hope of finding something with gret mods and coloured black in game. He will probably get re-specced as a cow runner at some point, so he can level a bit.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High