The Hole - Mini Mafia game

Are you f***ing with me? I just spent an hour putting together a thing about Drixx. WELL ALRIGHTY THEN. GOOD F***IN GAME.

I didn't post my thoughts because I got prettttty drunk after my exam yesterday and promptly passed out prettty early.

The Escape

Caluin Graye was tired. It was a hard day’s work but the outcome was satisfactory and nobody knew a thing. Walking back to his room was ready for some peaceful and much needed rest. Walking in and switching on the lights he was shocked to see Bad Ash, Drixx, kestegs and BipolarChemist in his room, standing motionless.

Confused and a little frightened, he asked what they were all doing there.

“Oh nothing much, we just came over to see how you were doing” replied Bad Ash his voice cold as ice.

“Where is Sarah? And why is everyone here and not just one or two?”

“Sarah is close to dying.And all because of you” kestegs stated angrily, his hands shaking from rage. Bad Ash walked up to Caluin Graye.

BipolarChemist was originally the one to come here and guess what, scumbag...” Drixx paused.

“He found your safe. You slipped up and left it open when you were out killing everyone”

Holding in his hands, BPC held a bloodied cleaver as well as a bottle of colourless liquid. In the large safe camouflaged in the concrete wall were food and water supplies, enough to last a week for two people.

“I am sure you already know that it is cyanide” Bad Ash stated.

Thinking of the suffering inflicted on his girlfriend by this fiend and unable to keep his cool any longer, Bad Ash punched Caluin Graye who fell on the floor, blood coming out of his cracked lip.

“Heh. You fools, you will undoubtedly kill me but you will never leave this place.”

Bad Ash picked up the cleaver used on Gwaihir not a few days ago and decapitated Caluin Graye.

“Now what?” BipolarChemist asked. “He was right. How are we supposed to get of this hellhole?”

A search of the body produced a heavy wrought iron key amongst general stuff people usually keep in their pockets, its point sharp as a razor.

Kestegs smiled “I think that I know how. Sleuth points go to anyone who can guess where this key fits”

Caluin Graye has been lynched. He was the Mafia Rolecop.

The Town has won. Congratulations!

Last edited:
I don't think you played that poorly. After cdm flipped your early behavior against him such out pretty bad though. You also seemed much more in to the game today, like you knew you had to fight for the win today.

Now me, I played terribly. I never really thought cdm was scum, and I would have lynched TC, gory, and bpc.

CG, I didn't suspect you /at all/ until the way you responded to my red herring post after TC claimed. If you had just ignored my post, I would have been convinced it was Kestegs as the final mafia. You really played quite well. I had to really thoroughly re-read the thread assuming you were mafia to see any slips, and they were minor.

Bravo on a good game. I don't think I'll be able to do nearly so well whenever I end up mafia. So much of my play style is aimed at getting people to respond so I can find clues in their responses that I'm not sure if my posting will be the same when I already know that the person I'm "scumhunting" is really a townie.

Well, I will admit I was pretty wrong this game. Good thing I got killed off early. I thought for sure CG was town - he even voted cdm on Day 2 when noone else did - smooth move.

Even at the end I wondered if your move was a trick to try and figure out who mafia was.

Facinating to read, thanks for making it interesting.

Link to Mafia QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/YcWcdtpwS7cxb

Some thoughts:
We screwed up and killed Goryani instead of TC. Both CDM and I had the gut feeling that he held some power role, most likely cop, but we let it slide for the more distracting kill. The idea behind killing Goryani was to sow discord. The way Bad Ash immediately set to defending himself on Day 3, before any fingers were pointed? Exactly what we were going for. However, we should have killed TC. Is what I get for not listening to my gut.

I originally thought role copping kestegs was a mistake, but now think it was the proper course. Otherwise I would have spent more time debating the WIFOM of claiming so early, versus considering the possibilities of Bad Ash holding a power role. So nicely done on the early claim, 'Steggers.

I'm interested in hearing an honest opinion from BPC and Bad Ash: Had Drixx been lynched, I performed a no-kill, and then claimed to have doctor saved Bad Ash... would you have believed me? (I figure no, but was going to do it anyways just for the lulz.)

Link to Mafia QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/YcWcdtpwS7cxb

Some thoughts:
We screwed up and killed Goryani instead of TC. Both CDM and I had the gut feeling that he held some power role, most likely cop, but we let it slide for the more distracting kill. The idea behind killing Goryani was to sow discord. The way Bad Ash immediately set to defending himself on Day 3, before any fingers were pointed? Exactly what we were going for. However, we should have killed TC. Is what I get for not listening to my gut.

I originally thought role copping kestegs was a mistake, but now think it was the proper course. Otherwise I would have spent more time debating the WIFOM of claiming so early, versus considering the possibilities of Bad Ash holding a power role. So nicely done on the early claim, 'Steggers.

I'm interested in hearing an honest opinion from BPC and Bad Ash: Had Drixx been lynched, I performed a no-kill, and then claimed to have doctor saved Bad Ash... would you have believed me? (I figure no, but was going to do it anyways just for the lulz.)

With the Gory kill there was no way to pawn that off on me IMO. I get what you are saying, but that definitely changed the game.

And no on the doc claim. I was waiting for you to do it today and was going to just BS the post so hard. If there was no kill it might be a different story, but I still dont think it would have played so late in the game like that. I was expecting a fake mafia claim. Sooner the better in these games for sure.

Very fun read!

I didn't suspect CG at all, so well played ;)

Not sure how you were even lynched today :p

I say bpc should make his post about drixx!

Yay! A gambit I made worked! My goal was to either get limited our role copped. I didn't get much from how people reached in the thread.

I disagree with the gory kill, I don't think sowing discord was going to work that well. If you had left gory alive I would have had to go after him and bpc hardcore.

I actually thought that not killing someone tonight (if we mislynched) was the best idea ad well and I probably would have done that myself in your shoes. 1v4 is better than 1v3. Of course the town could just opt not to lynch and drag the game out :p

I won't say I was 100% sure on CG today, but I figured 70% or so sure in my mind on him. I was worried, though, if the lynch went through and he came up townie, then BPC got night killed, that I would be an easy target for BA or Kestegs to get the other to vote for. It could have gone either way there at the end.

Kestegs ... what made you finally decide to lock the vote? Just the time running down?

I just went with my gut. I really did have a town vibe from you most of the game. I almost didn't want to hear what bpc had to say as I didn't want to change my mind. I was mostly just being diplomatic to hopefully save myself from being an easy lynch target if cg wasn't scum.

Plus cg always comes after me, so he deserved it.

After CMDs lynch, I looked at his suspect list and tried to get in his head. My thinking was that when he posted that list, he had help from his team mate, and it would most likely be from an experienced player. I chose to investigate Caluin Graye based on that and the fact that he locked him so early, without giving any real reason.

Turns out all I needed was one more day and my cop play would have been flawless. *shows fists

Either way, thank you for hosting Solar Ice, once again great stories and a nice clean game we had here.

As for the whole profile stalking issue, as far as I'm aware, it was always an unspoken rule. Perhaps we should consider adding some wording in the rules about it.

PS: I'm still on a mafia break.

agreed about profile stalking. Drixx didn't know so no big hubbub, but it should be a written rule.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High