The Future of Mafia games in general

Do we stay here for Mafia or Go?

• Stay here

• Move to Mafiascum.net

• Undecided,

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Silver Shroud

May 25, 2016
It's slowed down on these boards, really slowed down. I know some people are gone or don't have the time to play like in the past due to RL, which is fine. For those that do want to play it comes down to two choices:

Option1: Either stay here and continue playing, and potentially be limited to smaller games due to some not wanting to play or not having time due to RL, or in some cases people haven't been active on these boards and aren't aware that we're playing again..

or -

Option2: Move to Mafiascum.net and play on those forums, where there are already people from here, and a much larger pool of players and games, and also for new player games, there are 2 Semi Experienced players and and one Inexperienced Challenged player per game.

Inexperience Challenged is a faux-politically correct term on mafiascum.net for experienced players ("IC"s) who sign up for Newbie Games to represent the site and its meta. This is considered a voluntary burden and taken very seriously by the List Mod. ICs must have completed five games on mafiascum.net (at least two of which are outside the Newbie Queue) and spent three months onsite before they can qualify for the position, and are occasionally barred from ICing if substantive complaints are raised.)

On Mafiascum.net that I know of:

Myself
Drixx
BPC (BipolarChemist) - currently not playing per him.
Other older players?

So a poll -

Last edited:
Does Mafiascum work on tapatalk?

My employer blocks the mafiascum IP addresses, which would greatly hamper my ability to participate in a game with reasonable activity.

I can't get on any website at work. It's all posting from my smartphone, not using Tapatalk.

That's why I do my day and night starts after work.

I can read and respond via smartphone but don't do the bulk of my posting till I'm home.

Edit: I should mention. That the day period on mafiascum.net is 14 days long vs our 48 hours.

Yeah. 2 week day phases. Drixx can confirm this. Though, aside from your first (required) game as a new player which is 9 players total, there are some pretty big games out there with varied rule sets. You can also be in as many active games as you can handle, after you're past the newbie stage.

2 weeks does seem a bit excessive.

it doesn't look like Mafiascum works on Tapatalk, I downloaded the app and did not find MS.net.

Edit: One thing I do like about the MSC boards:

You can ISO people, that is, you can isolate all posts of that person during a game if you are looking for something specific. It's really a plus vs. looking through pages of activity during a game.

There is also a prod system for inactive players and there is the option of replacing in to a game in progress.

Last edited:
I don't especially like the idea of moving, or the idea of 14 day phases. I say we try to run a few games here and I feel like if we run some games concurrently we may get some more interest. They'll be small games of course, but that is okay for now I think.

I should point out that I attempted to contact Bad Ash via email and other channels with some assistance from Dredd.

No response as of yet. The email did not bounce back however.

True.

To that end, I have a few IRL friends (Scott Berland being one) that seemed interested and said they would either play or would think on it. Mafia isn't dead yet.

I do thing longer day phases could be good (longer than 48 hours anyway), but 14 days is a bit excessive

Longer days of more lurking? I love it!

Yeah the lurking really killed mafia for me. Plus people only voting in the last 2-3 hours of the game day, while I was usually asleep.

I noticed that too. But with a 48 hour day how can someone not be able to get a vote in?

I noticed that too. But with a 48 hour day how can someone not be able to get a vote in?

I can get a vote in before I go to bed, but most of the activity happens in the last hour or so, making it harder to cast a proper vote.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High