The Downtrodden Fridaily

John Remedy

Jul 17, 2007
The Downtrodden Fridaily

Who needs alliteration?

RL: Samantha is home after visiting relatives in Birmingham earlier in the week. She got caught up in the middle of one of the nights of rioting, and is still suffering a bit of nerves. I am very tired from worrying and looking after her. This was a small holiday for her that we could just afford and it has been ruined by the senseless destruction of a nation by its people. I won't say any more about it.

OVG: I bought TRAUMA and Dungeons of Dredmor on Steam. TRAUMA is very good, but not what I was expecting. DoD is very reminiscent of Nethack, and has some very clever humour in there. I'm also tempted by Bastion, it looks fantastic, and even Yahtzee liked some of it. Not sure if I can commit to a full-price game due to lack of money, but RAGE, Skyrim and Deus Ex 3 are all at the top of my wish list. Also broke a few personal bests on Nation Red.

Re: The Downtrodden Fridaily

Sorry to hear that Samantha got caught up in all of that nonsense. And alliteration is overrated anyways, especially since all of the good ones have been used.

RL: Working, Its Friday but I really need to work tomorrow to get some things done. However, I predict that I will decide not to!

D2: Act 1 NM, of my druid is about to be completed.

OVG: nopers

RL: Downtrodden, that seems about right. A long hard week at work for me that I am just relived is at an end. I don't think I have enough stamina to go through another day of it.

Still, nice relaxing evening tonight with a couple of ciders, watching a good film with the GF. Up early tomorrow to go meet my brother who I haven't seen for about a month.

D2: In the last week I have mat'ted my blizzsorc, meteorb and my strafezon, meaning that most of my remaining chars now are back in NM. Questing is fun when you get into it, but getting into it is hard.

OVG: Not much really, I finished Mass Effect 2: Arrival recently and was underwhelmed. I'm still pretty psyched for ME3 though.

did she steal anything good?

RL: The oil & gas industry prides itself on its inefficiency, so the company I worked for declared today a DDO (designated day off), which is awesome. As far as being downtrodden goes, I suppose I could be upset that standardized work days have stripped me of the ability to sleep past 8:00 AM, but that just seems like nitpicking.

D2: I was going to step away from D2 for a few days, but a long weekend seemed like a prime opportunity for levelling my Classic WW Barb some more. If I can maintain my current rate of play, level 92 could be achieved by the end of the month. For those interested, I did take the time to update my blog earlier.

OVG: I was going to play some Borderlands, but D2 is just too appealing at the moment.

Been soooo long since I've posted

RL: ABSOLUTELY gorgeous day; sunny and dry in the low 80s. Played some cod at a friend's house, then took a very relaxing walk around. My sister returned home from asia today, went to pick her up and just finished dinner with her. Very relaxing day.

D2: Started from scratch! Rolled a meteorb sorc, but soon found that andariel is no trivial boss when you're saving up all your SP for meteor :(

OVG: Played some Black ops with the friends, some classic CoD4 on the PC, laddered a bit in SC2, and laid back with a bit of the best game ever, Civ2. Also, spent the whole day hoping to get into the Path of Exile beta; to no avail.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High