The Disappointments Thread

LonghornRob

Jul 15, 2005
The Disappointments Thread

Bad luck, disappointing drops/rolls etc.

I made this thread because of a couple of disappointments today. First, I tossed a Spirit into a Monarch and got 26%fcr. At least I had a Hel rune. OH wait, what's that? The second roll was 25%? Yeah, thanks a lot.

I also found an eth Giant Conch. I tried to eth bug it but I only got one socket. Lame. At 337 defense after the bug, it could have been a nice merc delirium helm.

Re: The Disappointments Thread

I'm trying to make a 35% fcr Spirit monarch, but after about 30 tries I still haven't made it. I had about 5 rolls of 34%, but unfortunately I need 35%, to reach 105% with Tal's set and Magefists. The good thing is that I also failed to find Nagelrings worth wearing, so my sorc can still wear a fcr ring and Ravenfrost :smug:

I've been crafting blood gloves for a long time, hoping to make java gloves for my Amazon. Once, I got these:

Beast Hand
Vampirebone Gloves
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
3% Life stolen per hit
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +13%

Perfect crushing blow, perfect life leech, almost perfect life bonus, two random insignificant mods, +20% ias, +2 to skills - but the wrong skill tree. Had it been java skills, these gloves would've been priceless. I'm still crafting.

Disappointments?

No shared stash, increased stash size etc.

Rolled 2os in a Dusk Shroud. Eh.

However! Rolled 35%fcr spirit into a newly obtained pally shield. So that's nice.

36 nilathak runs without a single key and then got realm restricted

I've had the game since 2001 and have never found a rune higher than Mal.......

I rolled my first HotO this Ladder and got 32 @res. :banghead: I've rolled perhaps 5 HotOs in total during my D2 career and the highest I got was a 34. Also, last Ladder I rolled 3 CtAs - 1, 2, and 3 iirc. I had to stop wasting runes at that point.

Last week I found an Eth Thresher in a Baal run, cubed it aaand... 5 sockets. Thanks a lot, rng - now it's woth Lem instead of 2 Ists! Now to mention that I could've used it myself for a nice Insight for my goldfinder's merc.

Also, I crafted a safety ammy with +2 Light skills, 10 fcr and 8% increased block %... After rejoicing for a minute, I realized it's still worse than a +3 Light/100 life ammy, much worse in fact, when you do the math stat-wise. Not so if I'd need the fcr, but alas I won't once I can buy a low Griffon's. Oh well, still got 30 more crafting sets to use. I know it isn't nearly enough, but I cba with buying and then muling all those jewels, runes and pemeralds... Especially since pemeralds seem to be nigh-impossible to get since people only craft Caster ammies instead of safety ones.

Those were my disappointments... Thanks for listening; now I'm off to gather new ones. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I've almost done a Krischan, it took not quite 30 but 25 rolls to get a 35% spirit, roughly half of them were 25-27%.
At least the 35% one was 1 mana and 1 absorb from perfect.

I have a rare circlet stashed with:
+20 dex
+20 res all
+30% frw
cold damage IIRC
and a freaking +2 passive and magic

I just got tempbanned after killing boss packs for an hour to accumulate full rejuvs so I could do ubers. Now I gotta hunt down another Dkey and another pile of full rejuvs.

I've been crafting blood gloves for a long time, hoping to make java gloves for my Amazon. Once, I got these:

Beast Hand
Vampirebone Gloves
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
3% Life stolen per hit
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +13%

Perfect crushing blow, perfect life leech, almost perfect life bonus, two random insignificant mods, +20% ias, +2 to skills - but the wrong skill tree. Had it been java skills, these gloves would've been priceless. I'm still crafting.

if you're crafting for very long, you'll get used to disappointment quick.

After receiving hels on consecutive hellforge runs, I really wanted to find a thread like this one to commiserate.

I came home today after a weekend away to find that my 7 year old cousin had been playing some of my characters when family visited, I foolishly left my password written down on a post-it note so he had no trouble logging in. luckily all my items and characters remain intact, however I've lost about 95% of an exp bar (lvl 89, was almost 90), I'm completely out of gold and my Naj's puzzler has no more teleport charges in it.

I guess it could have been a lot worse. At least I'm playing softcore. ;)

I'm trying to make a 35% fcr Spirit monarch, but after about 30 tries I still haven't made it. I had about 5 rolls of 34%, but unfortunately I need 35%, to reach 105% with Tal's set and Magefists. The good thing is that I also failed to find Nagelrings worth wearing, so my sorc can still wear a fcr ring and Ravenfrost :smug:

I made it, finally 35% :D. Now I can concentrate on complaining about not finding good Nagelrings.

I rolled my very first CTA: 5/1/1
:( beat that

However, atleast I found second 30% mf nagelring :smug: (for sale!)

I rolled my very first CTA: 5/1/1
:( beat that

However, atleast I found second 30% mf nagelring :smug: (for sale!)

Rolled my own fully self found CTA: 3/1/1
I feel your pain :(

Missed some diablo walks.

I find the server, idle on it, and I get dropped. 5 minutes after - DC walks.

OR

I go on a server, see it's not so warm and leave it. Mostly 10 minutes after DC walks on it.

Duh.

I rolled my first self-made Grief in a 15% ED phase blade today. Truth be told I was kind of hoping that I'd get a perfect or near perfect roll, because I've never really owned an item that's worth multiple high runes. In the end it got 32% IAS (2 from minimum), 385 (15 from max) damage, -25% poison resist (max) and 10 life per kill (minimum). Bit of a mixed roll, although I think the first 2 mods are the only ones that matter.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High