Texting Tuesdaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Texting Tuesdaily

First of all, good to see erics around the forum again! :wave:

RL: So... I sent a short email to the xGF on Saturday. Basically said I'm glad she came over and was willing to hang out. I'd love to do it again. But I ALSO said that I had that secret wish that we could have maybe cuddled and that I missed her.

Fast forward to a couple hours ago. I get a text from her, saying that she's going crazy, some guy that she thinks I should know called her, that she just read my message, that that her black heart has been ripped wide open, worried about work tomorrow (with me, presumably), her world's showing her the black and that she's all deer eyed. ...Exhausted expletives dropped out of my mouth.

What did I just do to her?? It was stupid of me to even say anything... I don't think we should be together, so why did I tell her?! It's what I get for trying to share and be open with the best (and only) friend I have... and she doesn't deserve to feel like that, especially if it's my fault. I responded to her telling her... something, I don't even know anymore. I'm staying awake for maybe another hour to see if she responds. Between her reaction and a lack of sleep, I'm not looking forward to work [today]...

D2: Not yet. And yeah, I'll have to get into some PvP eventually. It's practically the only major aspect of this game I haven't tried yet.

OVG: Didn't even touch GTA IV. Someday soon I'll beat it, I swear...

Re: Texting Tuesdaily

RL: The weather is great so I will probably do some outside games like croquet or Kubb.

D2: To nice weather to play :p

@TRM: I'm the last person that should be giving advice or comfort, so I won't. But good luck and don't worry!

RL: While sleeping, I turned my head a certain way (don't know which way, or why), and woke myself up with a searing pain in my neck. I can move my head to the left without pain, but only about a 1/4 of it's natural range of motion: every other movement is agony. Here's hoping the nerve I upset will right itself during the next few days, cause with the health insurance plan I have from work, I can't afford to go see a doctor. Maybe the sports medicine student who sits next to me will have some ideas.

In other news, it's raining fairly steadily outside, which is nice and pretty and needed, but will virtually ensure quite a bit of very poor driving on TX highways today, so I'm glad I woke up early-even if it was due to (not injury, cause I didnt' do anything to deserve it, but what do you call sudden neck pain, or sudden, un-called for pains of any sort?), cause I'll need to leave about 15 minutes early, at least.

Woo.

Then work, hoping the neck chills out, back home, dinner, XFiles, RantBooking(tm), and bed.

D2: nopes.

@James: I've had the neck pain a few times aswell. It always got better after a day or two. Although one time it lasted for 3-4 days.

RL: Got some pain around my jaw/ear, so don't want to go anywhere or do much of anything.

D2: Some. I've killed NM andy today. Probably more later.

RL: Arm is still sore, and not really improving. I'll go see a doctor on Friday if nothing has changed. Interest in D2 is waning, probably because it hurts to play it... that and I'm getting bored with not being able to bike or work. Probably a good time for a hiatus. We'll see. Maybe I'll start up another game.

thanks, Menace :)

RL: my son got engaged over the weekend and now I'm feeling even older. Next thing I know, I'll be a grandpa which isn't funny...

This time of year is agony, no football and no basketball, just baseball aka the most boring sport on the planet to me.

D2: I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure if I'll start a new character or finish an old one. I know I have a poisonmancer that's in nightmare somewhere, and maybe a trapper as well.

RL - Big Twilight event tonight! I am so very excited! What? No, I am not going, that is just crazy... My wife is though, to watch the first two movies followed by the new one at midnight. So, for 8 hours or so, I get to be reminded of single life with only the dogs for company. This will certainly lead to some uninterrupted...

D2 - Being an old man, I doubt very much that I will be up playing until 3 am, but you never know... I have some Werebears to work on (as well as others, trying to mat/pat all of my side projects). Trying to mix it in with my 5k Meph runs project. I usually do 50 - 100 runs, play through an act on another char, then back to Meph and alternate. Keeps me from getting totally burned out.

Other Endeavours - After poking through the MS Paint Diablo thread (too lazy to dig up the link) yesterday, I felt inspired and spent entirely too long creating a self portrait. Reality came crashing through to remind me that I am not the Paint artist I thought I was, but I am happy enough with it nonetheless. I made an atempt to set it as my avatar, but I couldn't figure it out... Anyone care to enlighten me on the process? Would apreciate it.

-Hammy

RL: Um, probably going to take another chunk out of Book 2 of the Sin Wars. Good reads so far.

D2: Hopefully going to quest NM tonight with OMG, the sin twins!

OVG: Finally got off my *** (wait, that's not right) and finished Kingdom Hearts. Using only the Kingdom Keyblade (the one you start with). Never changed it at any one point, and also on expert. I had more difficulties with the first boss in Transverse Town than I did with the ending boss. Go figure, next step is to beat the optional bosses then onto KH:CoM

RL: checking in via my htc eris (android) phone. Oh, the wonders of modern technology!
D2: if I have time tonight i need to write up a pat thread for the holy shock paladin that i pounded baal with last night! Maybe some pit or AT runs for socketable items.

RL: Bought a car. Top end of my budget but not as expensive as the cars I considered towards the end of the shop. It's so hot in the one room I live in. The GF and I are really getting on each other's nerves on what should be a special day. It doesn't help that my cheap-*** shower has two settings: freezing cold or very hot. We started watching The Kite Runner and the GF didn't like it so hopefully we'll find something mutually agreeable to do before we really fall out.

OVG: I'm trying to give Alpha Protocol a serious try, but I think I set the difficulty too high without learning the bugs and quirks of the game. The GF has suggested Machinarium and Crayon Physics Deluxe, which we play as a team, so that might lighten the atmosphere.

RL: Work, then 5-a-side footy. Played quite well in my humble opinion even though it ended up as a tie. Scored 1 goal which is 1 more than usual!

D2: Not today.

OVG: Purchased Bioshock 2 and Portal to play when I get to the end of Red Dead Redemption. Seriously looking forward to the latter.

TRM: That sucks, man. I don't think it was your fault, though. You did the right thing by telling her. In fact, I get the feeling we would be reading about how you should have told her had you not.

FE: You went with the 911 GT2 over the Carrera GT? I understand, the gas mileage is better on the GT2, it's more affordable.

erics: What do you mean no sports? It's July! The Tour begins in 4 days!

@me:
RL: Had an appointment with the ear nose and throat doctor, but I missed it. I'd rather not explain why. So it has been rescheduled for tomorrow, which is much better than getting it rescheduled for, say, 2052. I doubt anything conclusive regarding my breathing will come of it, but you never know.

D2: Not installed.

OVG: Halo 3 would be great if there weren't other people playing it. Vegas 2 is an option, but I've almost run out of maps to beat. Possibly some Guitar Hero, I'll decide which later. Whenever EA decides to release the Medal of Honor beta for the 360 I'll begin playing that, but since we're over a week into the wait, I doubt it will be soon.

@Hammy: Convoluted instructions on adding an oversized avatar:
Find the exact resolution of your picture. It may be listed on the bottom, but if not mouse to the bottom right pixel and note the '# x #'. (may be easier if you're zoomed in on the bottom right)

Open up the calculator and enter 75 / the larger number of your pic's resolution. Round the result down to a whole number.

Next, find the resize option in Paint; on Win7 it's on the toolbar near the cut tool, and I think it's under 'Image' on older versions. In both the horizontal and vertical fields, enter the number you found in your calculations. (alternatively, it may be possible to choose 'pixel' instead of 'percentage' and you can simply put in 75 in the top field. I can on Win7, anyway...)

Your image should have shrank, and if done right the image's largest number of resolution should be 75 or smaller. If either number's larger than 75, you need to undo your change and go one number lower when resizing. Save the file; I don't think the file type matters...

On the SPF forums, find the User CP button on a top toolbar on the webpage. Find the Settings & Options subsection and click Edit Avatar. At the bottom of the page, find Option 2 - Upload Image and locate your picture. If it's eligible it'll work. If it doesn't, the resolution may need to drop down to a maximum of height/width of 74 instead.

Any questions? Yeah, I made it sound complicated, but it's easy when you play around with it a bit.
RL Update: Well, the xGF seemed perfectly fine at work today. I hate it when she drinks and ends up making me feel like crap. Turns out the guy who called her is the man she's wanted in her life for the better part of two decades. Don't know what they talked about, but if they end up together that's cool. Means she's moving on. Still, the curiosity I've got is beginning to eat me up.

Ugh. I'm ready for some food. And a catatonic nap.

TRM; I wish you good luck with your situation, honesty with your feelings should help things from getting too complicated.

RL; Started my computer/console gaming Hiatus today, I hope I'm not too optimistic when I say I am not going to play games for the next 2 weeks. This has been spurred by the fact that lately I feel I'm playing as simply the easy choice, as a consequence I now finding gaming is not as rewarding or entertaining. I will only have an exception to this if the girlfriend is going out to do something that I don't need/want to come along for.

Have started working on my Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine army again now that I have 'free' time to fill up. Working on Salamanders chapter space marines, with the special character Vulkan He'Stan, it's a pretty unfriendly list filled with assault marines, flamers and melta's galore. Boxed battleforce turned up a week or so ago, so I'll be putting together marines and scouts for a while.

D2; N/A as per above.

OVG; N/A as per above.

@Septiclave: I did something like that with my gaming time aswell. I set limits for myself that were 2 hours less than I thought I was playing. Worked nicely.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High