Terrific Tuesdaily

Jan 29, 2009
Terrific Tuesdaily

Yep. Today will be Terrific! I'm sure of it!

And I was going to leave the daily for someone else, but I raced through the first part of my morning routine (shave/shower, coffee, email/rss, tech blogs), and thus have ~8 or so minutes to kill before I get on the sandwich-making and traffic-checking and whatnot. So here we are.

RL: Usual (see above), then usual, then usual, as usual. I ran up against an issue at workies yesterday, and was able to (temporarily) fix it (I ended up staying a half-hour late to do so, but that just means I'll leave a half-hour early on Friday: woo!), but will need to do some asking around and likely get to learn some more tricks and tweaks for getting the various bits of data to as accurate a state as possible. Good times. And then, after workies, will be a bit of usual, followed by a lengthy stretch of usual, some usual, and bed, which is (unsurprisingly) usual.

D2: I think I'm going to stop leaving this line off until I actually have something D2-related to write... Though, I guess, today, I do: as I'm two-handing it at work all day (left hand on the keyboard, right hand on the mouse), I find that I occasionally have D2 flashbacks, and sometimes think "I'm going to get on some hot D2 action when I get home today." Of course, the desire fades by the time I get home, but maybe one day it will last long enough to get me playing. idk.

Here's hoping your Tuesday is Terrific as well! Yee Haw!

Re: Terrific Tuesdaily

RL: Day two of work is looming ahead. Should be quiet, but with the crew and management we've got just about anything could happen to tweak me the wrong way. Signing my new lease after work, should grocery shop, drop off bills. An adult lifestyle for once. :thumbup:

D2: Not yet. And don't worry, JayGun, I get that same desire when I'm at work, too. By the time I'm home, I don't want to do a thing. I just spent eight hours on a computer...

OVG: ...and yet I can play Torchlight perfectly fine? It takes a little effort to stay for more than an hour at a time, but I'm playing an ARPG. Whatevs! My Marksman Vanquisher's at clvl15 and just cleared the three seals in the... watery section. Going for an Exploding Shot build, but don't know if any of the %damage increase traps are worth it... Had been using a set handgun with 128DPS, but bought a bow with 300DPS and things are MUCH easier. 18% chance to critical overall. She's fun to play.

More usual stuff J6guns. You sound fine to me and I hope things are for you.

RL: Had some technical stuff around the house to do. Got to get a new antenna now. $$$, its always $$$ isn't it. Water heater is still only about 2/3 working so it will be another lukewarm shower tonight which is tolerable as I've now acclimatised to winter well and truly. Right now its raining and pulp fictions billy ray tune just started. Nice and relaxing.

D2: Kick off! I finally did it. My bronze barb started and cleared act 1. Started to document his journey in my blog too so lots of updates to come yet. This should make a great guardian post when its complete. To top it off I got some creative juices flowing in the story telling department, hooray! Let there be lots of exclamation marks! !!!! !!! Yes!! ! !!!! !:jig: I'm happy btw.

RL: Just started my yearly 2 week summer vacation time... i useually go camping each year but this year i think im going to stay home and try not to do anything that is the slightest bit productive. :whistling:

D2: Going to do some MF runs later, and maybe some LK/countess/pit runs for some runes (hopeing i get lucky with a cham drop :D )

OVG: Might hit up some oblivion on the xbox later, just got the game yesterday pretty fun so far, although the quests seem to take a long time to complete.

Rl: moar soccer, and my usual around the house stuff. I'm going to see a movie later, so that should be fun.

D2: I dunno have to see what you guys are doing xD. Yesturday was a bit fun but next time I'll bring sorbing gear lawl. I got chipped to death.

OVG: Me and Rick are going to snatch more then 30 other guilds flags in Tactics and make them all feel bad at the game.

RL: Just got back from work (second day and and the honeymoon period of returning is still just running). Stayed on an extra hour and will get paid for it, win. There also seem to be plenty of opportunites for extra hours going forward which is always nice.

More importantly i have a computer based decision to make. My current laptop is on the blink (its three years old, is prone to oveheating and has some dodgy connectio, varied viruses have also taken there toll). This leads me with 3 options, repair and carry on get a new laptop or keep a dodgy laptop for when i do need some mobile stuff and buy a desktop.... decisions decisions.

D2: Continue my search for a chaos base, i want something uber hax and that may take some time.

OVG: Freedom force, made some good progress last night but am struggling through an acid clogged mission with a team who are all vulnerable to acid...

RL: Nowadays, I'm daytrading for a living. Today was a stressful day (as usual). Started losing 200, finished earning 500. Pretty much a 24/5 job. My wallet grows bigger little by little but my rest/sleep cycle is irreparably broken...

D2: Not really. I have 2 chars almost finished for a few months now, and a bunch more planned. Let's see when I get the time+right mood to advance these projects.

Yes, today will surely be Terrific. Would you like to know how I know?

Well, I woke up today, and as I logged on to my Desktop PC, I smelt something akin to burning plastic. I did not think much of it, since I had just cooked some breakfast.(I figured maybe it was just the skillet or something.)

The smell did not disipate however. So I went about looking for the source of this very unpleasent smell. Lo and Behold, it is my PC. I unplug everything and open it up to take a look. Nothing seems amis, besides the smell of course. It had been a few weeks since I last cleaned the inside with some compressed air, so I went ahead and dutifully cleaned the machine that has been with me for so long, while providing hours upon hours of constant entertainment.

After inspecting it further I decided maybe it was just overheated, so I let it cool off for a few hours. Later, I plugged it back up, and turned it on. Or rather, attempted to turn it on. I have tried numerous things, but nothing I can think of, and nothing I have done, with make my computer turn on.

R.I.P Gizmo.

TLDR: My computer emitted a burning smell and after cleaning it, it won't turn on.

For those interested, I am on a public computer at the moment....

Today.... has been a terrific day.

Son of a *****.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High