tank for the necro

tallbacka

Feb 5, 2008
tank for the necro

I'm playing with three others and since they all have elemental attacks I'll go for lower resist. I thought my own main attack will be poison with a few points in CE so that I can take advantage of lower resist as well.

Since this is my first necro I have a question on tanks. Should I skip the summon tree entirely to max poison and LR or can one get a Hell-effective tank by putting say 10-20 points in the summoning tree? I was thinking about a few points in revive and summon resist and ~10 points in skeleton mastery. Or should I go with clay golem? If so, how many points are needed in CG and GM for it to be effective?

Re: tank for the necro

A couple points in Revive, along with Clay Golem and a decent investment in Golem Mastery should give you sufficient tanking. Don't put a lot of points into LR, it has very steep diminishing returns.

Any more than a point in revive or a golem is a waste regardless of what you're building.

Ditto the curse tree, except for dim vision.

Any more than a point in revive or a golem is a waste regardless of what you're building.

Ditto the curse tree, except for dim vision.

but if you know you want to max "lower resists" then why wouldn't you max the fire golem ? or at least put 10-15 hard points into him ?

and use mages instead of poison?

but if you know you want to max "lower resists" then why wouldn't you max the fire golem ? or at least put 10-15 hard points into him ?

The damage increase on golems is pitiful. Even a completely maxed out FG does crap damage. Points are much better spend in GM. This increases their health tremendously.

this is my poison/summon necro for chaos ( with trangoul set )
max poison tree
put point into lower res until you have abou -60% enemy poison resistance
max RS, 1 point in SM, 1 clay golem, 1 golem mastery, 1 summon resist
the rest into bone wall

i have about 11 skeleton with 500 hp that can tank almost every monster, and 7,5k poison nova

:)

Another thought to consider is whether or not you are playing solely with them, or, like me, get bored waiting and solo some. That decision should also affect your build.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High