Taking the plunge (pandemonium event)

McGruber08

Mar 28, 2020
So my older offline characters from over a year ago are at a point where I feel they are ready or near ready for the big event. When I brought them over to D2R I focused for a while more on online builds, but the last couple days I've been collecting keys and nearly have 2 full sets, 6 of each.

I've never done the whole event and know you should open all three portals at once so you don't get a repeat and that I have to collect the brain and horn and what not to unlock the last phase.
Here are my stats & gear, feel free to grade my readiness.

Lvl 90 Javazon (nothing ethereal)

STRENGTH - 204
VITALITY - 338

Titan's Revenge (upgraded)
Spirit
Raven Frost
HighLord's Wrath
Enigma, DEF 1275
Diadem (+2 skills, 20% FCR, 20% FHR, +38 life, 18% resist all, 37% resist poison)
Stone Grip gloves, (+2 skills, 20% IAS, 3% life steal, 9% CB, +13 str, +15 life)

other stats: (overall stats)

Half Freeze and Cannot be Frozen
16% life steal
5% mana steal
118% FR/W
15% damage to mana
33% Deadly Strike
90% FHR
8% physical damage reduction (enigma)
20% cold absorb

Resists

65% fire resist
46% cold resist
75% lightning resist
68% poison resist

Charged Strike 527-1027 & 1-5475
Lightning Fury 590 - 1183 & 1 - 2200

on Call To Arms 2400 life and 510 Mana

Boots are meh, still looking for a Griffon's Eye and ethereal Titan's. I got 2 skillers for Javalins the rest of my inventory is filled with resist charms mostly small.

I've been theory crafting using my javazon against ubers, but not like you think. This would be setup with emphasis on resists and crushing blow.

I got to thinking, Charged Strike is kind of like Smite. It ignores defense and block and just hits every time and is considered a melee attack. So why shouldn't a javazon attempt this with a little gear tweaking. The lightning damage from CS would really be just to finish them off as crushing blow would be what knocks down that health bar.

Perhaps instead of maximizing all of the lightning skill synergy, I would max Valkerie and Decoy for some cover. Probably use all Passive GCs and resist scs.

I would use blood gloves just like you have, then maybe a Medusa's Gaze for the slow and Lower Resist procs. Goreriders for CB/OW, Duress or maybe even Peace for the free Valkerie (saves points) and Slow Missile procs. I would use Thunderstrokes instead of Titans because I would not be throwing, I would be stabbing. Most likely Guillame's for more CB. Resist/Absorb rings and amulet. Probably a blood belt with huge life/FHR/res.

Reactions: McGruber08
I had very little trouble up until I got to Lilith. She just looked at my level 90 merc with Infinity and he keeled over. She healed far too quickly and I could barely get damage into her. I got lucky by teleporting and getting her into a corner and my merc got her from behind.

I have all 3 pieces now but I'm not sure how well I'll do in the final phase considering.

I'm actually considering uninstalling the game.

I went into the event and it was ridiculous how over powered the area is. Year ago I borrowed powerful rune words so my paladin could do it and it was no problem. But its pretty well geared for a select few builds. Even ice bursting the skeletons they are instantly rebuilt. I get Uber Diablo down to a thread of life and run out of mana, mercs and valk are garbage and die immediately. You shouldn't loose your gear on death here, its virtually impossible to recover your body. With the broken servers by the time the area loads my merc is area dead and I'm at 50% health.

I killed a dozen pit lords so I could then move in on Diablo which took a while cause they are immune to virtually everything. Only to have them ALL instantly return and close in on me. What a waste of time to collect all those keys. My only real chance would be to get my paladin back in there but he's level 80 offline.

I think it was just the frustration in the moment lol. I got over confident with how well I was clearing Hell on different player settings and thought it (the event) didn't look bad. Going through the Furnace area I lightning fury'd everyone on on other platforms that couldn't reach me.

If I would have had one more mana I would have killed at least Diablo in the center. But I found an IST, MAL and a unique demonhead that night after so the Diablo gods must want me to stay and see this out. I'm going to keep working on my paladin. I took my lvl 80 offline one up two levels last night and he'll borrow Enigma from Javazon when the time comes. Thanks for the good words! I'll get back to you on your other questions after work.

It really requires a select few builds to beat them, and unfortunately doesn't quite live up to the end game challenge it could be. It is like a lock, that has one combination, and then you fulfill that and unlock it. Instead of a like a chess match where you can respond to your opponents moves and they can respond to yours. I'd like a much more dynamic Pandemonium Event where you have maybe a different variable each time - both plus and minus - so that different builds could be used. Maybe the portals stay open in your games until you complete the event, so you can safely switch characters or bring in help if you are online.

I've done it , and done it well with a few builds, and most of them not what you think.

Ofc Zealer/smiter, but that was back in 1.11 when i was scared.
Frenzy barbarian, both cheap and expensive, using lifetap or decrepify, also so overpowered that it is boring.
But more fun is using a Whirlwind Barbarian if you are skilled enough. I typically use a Hone Sundan build for that. Fun and I've done it dozens of times. Also done ww IK barb a few times in uber.
I have done it with a pure double throw barb once, and without dying.
Wolf Barb a few times using Azurewrath.
Fury Druid using etombreaver, atma's scarab, guillame's, LoH, goblin toe and blood belt. Once that AMP hits they just crumble. Done that dozens of times.
Dragon Talon kicker with 1 pt blade fury. I have taken them down with blade fury and it's pretty funny and effective. Used that build lots of times for ubers too.
Trang-Oul Poison necro with 1 point revives. Done it lots of times with this build always to the amazement of my friends. The poison doesn't really work in tristram, so I would just curse and revive them damn Urdar giants. Very easy and really any necro with 1 point of revive and a few +skills can do it.
Iron Golem Necro with 1 point revive. When my necros get rich I do this build and with one point I can usually get like 20 or more revives depending on gear. Iron golem is usually insight but can be whatever you want and merc just crushes them with infinity or obedience.
I've yet to try it with a sorc or amazon but I know Blizzard sorcs can do it and I'm betting a tweaked CS zon can too.

Reactions: McGruber08
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High