Taking Off Tuesdaily

Jan 29, 2009
RL: unbeknownst to me, the pipes that carry ice cold water from the large industrial air conditioner outside my bedroom window to the air circulation units in the apartment sprung a leak some days ago. My neighbors have been without competent A/C for a couple of days, and my apartment has been nice and cool, as usual...

So some guys came through yesterday looking for leaks. They didn't find any.

But when I went off to bed last night, I noticed that the floor made a peculiar squishy sound...

So I've taken the day off work to prepare for the onslaught of maintenance people, who will be ripping up the floor and chopping through the foundation to find/fix the pipe(s), and then repair the foundation and replace the floor.

I expect to be in a hotel by late afternoon, and for several days while they get this all taken care of.

So. I'm currently drying a load of clothes, and will take myself to breakfast while it's finishing up. Then I'll gather together clothes for the rest of the week and put them in a safe place (my car, likely), along with any irreplaceable valuables. Then I'll attend a phone-in meeting for my job, after which should be about the time the maintenance people arrive to begin destroying things.

I'll be sure to get in their way and be very distracting to them.

Then I'll talk to the apartment management (and owners, if necessary) and secure myself some sort of dwelling for the next few days, arrange some care for the cats while I'm away, shoot the 365, and maybe (see below). I'll have some lunch somewhere out—probably from a nearby vietnamese place: yum—pack up the computer and a mouse, and likely head off to a hotel, where I'll nap, stare blankly at the tele, definitely (See Below), and (hopefully) sleep like a baby.

tl;dr: taking the day off for no good reason, but it's the first nonscheduled absence in 2.5 years, so I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

D2: oh for sure. I might try to clear the desert with the Random Zon; I might take the Compiled Pally to A2, or rock out some normal Countess runs with him or somesuch.

RL: Work is massive sucks!

Me and 2 friends are thinking of renting a garage and buying a car cheaply to modify and tune for track days

D2: None tonight, got a massive car thing going on and forza 4 is getting lots of attention, please dont hate me :(

OVG: As above

RL: Working, working, working some more.

D2: Doubtful. We'll see.

OVG: Cell phone games. Probably Coin Dozer, maybe some Gurk.

RL: to much rain to go swimming - and i will have to call the delivery service for still not bringing me the book i ordered - otherwise slow day- not much to do so dinner in a few moments after that

D2: pits with the necro (same as always) NM meph for the sorc

RL: Olympics and family.

D2: Rolled a HotO already (32%, poor roll but plenty good enough for the character in question), much Chaosing in store later.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High