Strange friends

TurbulentTurtle said:
Next time I x-fer for you, I'm gonna steal all your crap.
I'll just replace the lost items. :azn:

My frosty zealot once dropped a GC on the ground in the middle of a xfer cos the inventory was too full. A druid came along and conveniently swiped it (that was my first experience of BNet theft). The red mist descended and I hostiled him. Nothing he could do against holy freeze and died at the altar of Baal...... I felt really bad after that....

I was socketing my GA the other day and I did not have room in my inventory and it flipped to the ground. Luckily no one was there and I picked it up or else someone would have swiped it for sure!

I always log on my laptop to transfer stuff in a passworded game to make sure I do not lose anything..good thing I bought a second copy when I was in poland for my gf, she does not play anymore :D

You can allways hold 1 more item on your cursor. This is a risky practice though, items are known to have been lost like this. Though personally, I have been keeping a item on the cursor of a character I never play, only refresh, for some 3 years now. Perhaps longer.

To get an item on your cursor, open your inventory and then pick up the item. You can then close your inventory and the item stays on your cursor. At that time you cannot move anymore without having to drop the item first so I can't suggest doing such a thing in a battle situation unless you exit inmediately after. Try to use the keyboard for exiting so you don't accidentally drop the item.

I-bring-realm-down said:
So I was playing with my new Frost Zealot and this one guy that I was baaling with asks if he can add me so I say sure. Then comes the "Hey, do you have xxx and yyy?" So I toss him a few low runes and asks if I have a viper, so I am like yeah but on my mule.

So he asks if I can help him xfer and I'm like sure, I was gonna watch a show anyway so I'd just stay in the game. I came back and saw about 20 HR's on the ground, 2-3 CTA 2-3 Engima probably alot more was there while I was gone.

I'm like what does he need a viper magi for? o_O

Yeah, I have a bad habit of trusting people. Usually if I'm trading for low level items for new chars I'll trade for it then be like "Let me xfer this real quick" and just drop it and come back. I once traded an Um for a Tal Mask, which is grossly overpaying, and I drop it to xfer and the guy picked it up and left lol. Oh well, my own fault.

You'd do him a favor in taking one of those runes, seems he has plenty to spare and he would learn not to trust peaple that easily, on the other hand I woudn't ...

I found a last wish in a mulegame (public one) just outside of town ... gave it back after scarying him a bit ... feelt pity for him as he afterwards thanked me and said that it was his "christmas present" :shocked:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High