Stone of Jordan

bondball7

Sep 11, 2008
Stone of Jordan

I have been playing this game since it came out, majority of which has been single player, but I have never found an SOJ. It's crazy!! Is there anyone else who has played for this long without finding a SOJ?

Re: Stone of Jordan

I have found one but if YOU wanna find one, q-bugged NM Andy is your best shot. 1 of 58 droped rings or 1/900 runs should get you one. This fact is based of my memory about the game :p

My only self found SoJ was dropped by a Fallen in act1 hell that I was killing for an open duel area. Go figure.

A few months ago, I announced I was tired of not having one, and that I would run Andy until I did. I lost momentum after several hundred runs, and left it as an unfinished project. Not long afterwards, I happened to open a chest on my way to Mephisto, and out one pops. Best of luck to you on your quest.

- Noodle

same here, never found one - but also not looking for one.

i've found two, both on bnet however, and none at andy. One the bloody foothills when that was 'the' level area, and one in hell tristram.

Again, another hand of a player who's played without an SoJ for a few years.

I too was sick of not owning one.
I ran NM Andy for two to three days, and she dropped me one.
I guess I need another one now....

I've found 3 and none of them from Andy. Best one was some random creature in the Halls of something or other where no one ever goes so that the red pindle portal stays open. I think the key though is to stop looking for it and it will fall from something like a putrid defiler.

I've been playing D2 since the release of 1.09 and about a year ago I found my first. Since then I've found three more, none of them from NM Andy and, iirc, all in general play.

I'll add myself to the list of - have played for a long time but still have not found a single one.

I've also never found a BK ring.

I haven't been looking for either though.

I did have a SOJ given to me on b.net by someone who was quitting, but I had no use for it, and it collected dust until I traded it away.

I did find my first ever Wisp Projector not long ago though, so I'm certain that a SOJ is somewhere on the horizon.

-hps

I dound one on bnet, but my best ring on single has been a ravenfrost.

There are better rings, but SoJ isn't a bad one. Mostly, they were hard to find the ye olde days, and aren't much easier now; rarity conveys a certain mystique. I've got 3, but only used one on a character once, and he could just as easily have done without it.

Stony

P.S. SoJ's are good for prebuffs like Enchant, and I used one once for that purpose. But for normal play? There are usually better options.

I think the key though is to stop looking for it and it will fall from something like a putrid defiler.

I totally agree, unless you go so far as to run Andy 'til your eyes bleed (OK, 1000 runs isn't bad...).

I'm currently without one, but I did have one before my restart. I was questing in the desert sands of A2 and tried to click on a shrine but ended up kicking open a lone urn on accident. Of all the random things that could have popped out, it was an SoJ. Crazy.

...So now I always kick lone urns if they're kind of along my path. No opportunity wasted! :crazyeyes:

I've found a fair number of them, but I have done some serious dedicated MFing. And a few protracted times I focused on MFing jewelry, although not specifically for SoJs. I've had a few drop while questing, but focused efforts on higher probability targets generally work out better for me.

I've got a character I'm developing (currently in 1.07) and I'm planning to use her for MFing Andy in 1.10a beta, in hopes of getting the coveted +2 skills BKWB. With my luck, she'll find multiple SoJs before she gets what she is looking for...

There are better rings, but SoJ isn't a bad one. Mostly, they were hard to find the ye olde days, and aren't much easier now; rarity conveys a certain mystique. I've got 3, but only used one on a character once, and he could just as easily have done without it.

Stony

P.S. SoJ's are good for prebuffs like Enchant, and I used one once for that purpose. But for normal play? There are usually better options.

Yeah, I love my SoJ but I admit I think it's a teeny-tiny bit overhyped. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ring for classes who need extra mana and can make good use of the +1 skill, but I find a lot of the classes I play really need their ring slots for other things, like leech or CBF or resistances. Heck, I have a Meteorb MF sorc with a spare ring slot and I usually equip her with my BK ring over the SoJ, since she uses Insight and doesn't need the extra mana from SoJ, but she can definitely use the extra life from BK ring.

Here're my result for 500 Andariel NM Runs:

Code:
Run Log
-----------	
Date	        Count
03.10.2008	150
04.10.2008	150
05.10.2008	100
06.10.2008	100

Time was ~25sec per run, not to bad, could be better though.

Code:
Nagelring 		13
Manald Heal		13
[U][B]The Stone of Jordan[/B][/U]	2

Cathan's Seal		30
Angelic Halo		16

Nokozan Relic		6
The Mahim-Oak Curio	4
The Eye of Etlich	2

Tankred's Weird		5
Angelic Wings		5
Vidala's Snare		5
Cathan's Sigil		4
Civerb's Icon		3
Arcanna's Sign		3
Iratha's Collar		3
[U][B]Tal Rasha's Adjudi...[/B][/U]	2
Telling of Beads	2

Detailled log:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2919391486_d830f32727_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2918545441_6813664894_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2918545257_433740430d_o.jpg

I was kind of lucky, but still it's easy to get fast SoJs running Andariel (NM).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High