Statistically-insignificant Sundaily!

Jan 29, 2009
Statistically-insignificant Sundaily!

Well, depending on what I end up doing today (see below), today will either be an average LazySunday, or a statistically insignificant blip on what is otherwise a lengthy and relaxing stretch of LazySundays...

RL: Up. Effing around on the interwebs developing a note-taking and research aggregating system that will be put to an unknown end. But I've needed something like this for awhile (I've been using proprietary software to manage my research since grad school, but have recently realized that doing so is folly, as I'll need to keep 1) a computer that will run the software and 2) installation files so that the software can be installed on said computer for the rest of my natural life and I can never share my work with anyone, unless they also have the software: STUPID! But the new system should be more 'future proof'). While this might sound like 'work,' it's not: it's actually very relaxing and yet stimulating.

So. That, and breakfast (cereal) and coffee.

Upcoming: movies, lounging around on the sofa, napping, lunch, movies, lounging on the sofa, napping, dinner, movies, lounging on the sofa, bed, OR movies, lounging around on the sofa, napping, lunch, over to buddy's place for lounging about in the pool, on the sofa, movies, and Lemon/Ginger/Garlic-roasted Chicken. I'm not sure which yet, and won't find out until after 12.

D2: If I play, I'll start up a trapper for the Golden tourney, but don't hold your breath.

RB: Attempting to validate a claim I made last night (that the current state of the temporary labor market is harmful to companies as well as employees (not that temporary labor is harmful in general, as there are situations where both employees and employers both desire and need temporary labor, but the current temp-to-perm (at best) or temp-as-perm (where 'temporary' workers are hired for permanent jobs to avoid healthcare (and pension) costs and prey on the desperation of the working classes) seems to me to be deeply problematic on both sides). It's clear that temporary labor is a problem for many employees: lack of job security, poor-quality healthcare, no retirement savings, no stake in the company, low wages (despite the claim that temporary workers are paid more than regular workers (which might be the case in seasonal labor, but is definitely no so for temp-to-perm and temp-as-perm workers)), and etc. But it may be the case that corporations who engage in these 'hiring' practices are causing themselves harm in the process. And let's not forget the staffing firms themselves, who occupy a strange, if needed, position as both employer (of the temporary workers) and employee (of the corporation) and who profit directly from the labor of workers who perform no direct services to the staffing firm: strange, indeed. Anyways: that's the question of the day. Good times.

Re: Statistically-insignificant Sundaily!

RL: Got back from mayhem fest this morning, was a awesome concert. Think i will just relax today.

D2: Working on my sorc a bit, only level 14 atm but i think i might push her through to nm atleast depending on how smooth it goes.

Looks like there hasn't been much action in the past couple of Daily threads. Lern2forum, n00bs. :rolleyes:

RL: Considered church, but slept in instead. Yeah, I needed the rest, but I'll try to go next weekend. Went on my fitness walk after I got up, and it was a hot one. I think it is supposed to be a hot one again on Monday, so meh. The laundry is now done, but I still have to fold it. Also, either Mega Upload, or Malwarebytes, or a combination of the two, is being a major n00b, and my downloads have been uber unstable today. Meh.

D2: Finished Act III Hell with the javazon. Lots of lite immunes, many of which were unbreakable, which was annoying. I still finished full clears of all areas though, and I didn't have any deaths. Had quite a few scares from dolls, however. :whistling:

RL: Botched up a few interviews over the last couple of days, tomorrow's is the position I really really really want so I can't afford to do silly things tomorrow. :( *crosses fingers*

D2: I did some PvP today against nulio. I got completely wiped out by his Blizzy, winning a grand total of 0 times against Gaeada. ^^ Scary Blizzy you have there nulio.

RL: Got one hell of a sun burn from the concert i went to yesterday, tomorrow basically starts my unemployment as i got laid off last week along with 10% of the plant... On the bright side i suppose its a vacation until i figure out whats next.

D2: Gonna finish normal tonight and start nm on my meteorb sorc. Might farm nm andy or meph if it goes smooth to gear up a bit for hell.

Whoops thought that said mondaily... bit early lol.:whistling:

Sorry

RL: It is 4.44am. Yeah. :(

D2: Bit of stash cleanup.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High