SPF Awards - Discussion / Nominations

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
SPF Awards - Discussion / Nominations

As the New Year starts, along comes awards season. Forget the Oscars, everyone is really waiting for the are The SPF Awards. I think we last had one two years ago, so it seems we should revive the tradition. If anyone has a link to the last awards thread, please post it as I can't find it.

First I'll open this thread for category suggestions, then later for nominations.
Please don't post nominations yet, I will post when to nominate once the categories are finalised.

[highlight]Category Suggestions[/highlight]
Best Thread
Best Trader
Best MPer
Best Mat / Pat
Best Guardian
Best Tourney
Most Helpful Poster
Biggest Spammer
Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF

Any suggestions for other awards?

First I'll open this thread for category suggestions, then later for nominations.
Please don't post nominations yet, I will post when to nominate once the categories are finalised.

The categories looks good.

Maybe you could add: "Dung-head of the year". I guess that would be offensive thou..

Edit: Maybe one category fopr "Best guide"....
If Insane_wayne or jiansonz don't get an award I'll retire... :smiley:
Also, when thinking about AJK. maybe funniest writer category... wellwell...see ya

how about a biggest haxzor? ray patean or neksja would win that one... :p

siriously though, how about a best tourny player? seems like we've got a few really good tourny players, they should get an award imho...

@arfurala and neksja: he said no nominations yet... oh, and i don't think the auradin should win, it didn't require much skill getting im to pat, now did it? :p

EDIT: just thought another one up: most generous SPF member

oh, and i like the guide thing, although those could be in the outstanding contribution part too... hard one...

Last edited:
oh dear, didn't read that much that I'd notice the part "nomination thread comes later"

but all those categories sure looks good. at least I can't figure out any other award..

Best new SPF member? <-- based on their intro thread? or intro and activity since?
Best returnee? <--again, based on "i'm back" thread? or re-intro and activity since?

You know, while the concept seems like fun and all, this might cause bad blood... I'm not overly sure whether this is an excellent idea, but I do like the thought behind it.

Oh, I'd also suggest a category for best avatar and nominate Thyiad, Swiller, and asfg (the one with the cat and the frying pan...)

Last edited:
Best Guardian= Insane Wayne...all of them...especially the two naked ones

Most Helpful Poster= Insane Wayne + Jiansonz

Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF= Me :grin:

Best Tourney= Begins with 3 tournaney....i mean duh!

Totally not biased or anything :laugh:.

Maybe a reward for the best giveaway?

Edit: @Bob, yea that's what I meant:embarassed:

Last edited:

[highlight]Category Suggestions[/highlight]
Best Thread
Best Trader
Best MPer
Best Mat / Pat
Best Guardian
Best Tourney
Most Helpful Poster
Biggest Spammer
Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF

Any suggestions for other awards?

Just felt like quoting and emboldening a bit. :smiley:

best tequila drinker? I think I'd have an advantage now that arreat_mercenary isn't around as much anymore.

Seriously though, we need a 'most humourous posts (quality, not quantity)' award... laughing at strangers on the internet is fun.

I'll second the nomination for best thread to brother laz's chicken thread.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High