So how did you guys find this place?

Quietus

Mar 11, 2005
So how did you guys find this place?

I was reading another topic here, the one about whether or not to advertise the site, and it occurred to me... I can't remember for the life of me how I found these forums. Which, I think, is very odd - they've become a big part of my life, I spend more time on these forums than I do playing the game these days.

Anyone have entertaining stories to tell? Or maybe are sharing in my realization that perhaps you, too, don't know what in the world got you here in the first place?

My friend told me about this site. I don't know if he's a member or just a lurker. I lurked around for about a year before signing up.

I found this when I wander around in the rpgtraders. I was pretty much a lurker but don't know why I eventually want to register, and start my journey to 1k post :azn:

I did a search for diabloII, and ta-daa!

Sorry, not a very exciting story.

I did lurk in a creepy fashion for quite a while before joining though, if that helps. :hide:

Altho i almost never post here, i check the forum from time to time. I came up on it while searching for a nice classic community. And i found it :D

I'm not even playing the game so much, but i still like to check this forum from time to time, dont know why tho...

Hope i will get back into the game when ladder is resetted.

Thumbs up guys! :thumbsup:

I was looking for some builds to try during down time at work. My friend had told me of the site as a useful resource a couple of years ago, but I didn't think anything of it. While searching for builds, I stumbled upon the strategy section, and saw the link from there.

Googled for diabloii links shortly after i got classic in the end of 1.09. Eventually found this site full of information, however i didn't join until i had a question wich noone from my flist could answer.

gaaaaaaagggggggllllleeeee first two years i only visited the main site. after i clicked on forum thing an this was my first forum that i've joined.
i hate you al for my unable to step away from diablo and this forum

i think i google'd up something about diablo as i was new to the game last year and came across the main page, and then into these forums.

My friend lurked around here for many years and then he got me addicted to this game and suggested I go here for guides and such. Lurked around here for over a year and then decided I'd might as well join.

Lots of lurkers, then, and quite a few who are learned in the ways of Google-Fu. Smeg must be proud... :rolleyes:

Same as many here :smiley: , through google, searching for 1.11b-guides (i quit d2x just before 1.10, no nice runewords back then)

i kept reading for about 2 weeks, familiarizing myself with the basics concerning items/skills/builds/strat's used to build up some 'wealth' :grin:

and then i joined (duh)

that's about all there was about my start

I don't remember

there were several sites I checked out at the time

chaos sanctuary
lurker lounge
dii.net

don't remember how dii.net won out as my preferred, the item database here was pretty solid, and site navigation wasn't too hard

I probably googled the place, looked through, saw the ETF. Some time late joined ETF to make trades. Now quit almost 6 months ago, but still cant resist the urge to write stupid things.

gogo google!!! anyways i somehow found the forums from the main site and ya...

I went from the old Diabloii.net Marketplace to The Dark Library to here, with a few months between the first two and maybe a year and a half before I actually got on the forums (though no lurking,) and then it was only Fan Fiction for the longest time. Oddly enough, I have never really looked around here for game-related advice. :tongue:

quietus said:
I was reading another topic here, the one about whether or not to advertise the site, and it occurred to me... I can't remember for the life of me how I found these forums. Which, I think, is very odd - they've become a big part of my life, I spend more time on these forums than I do playing the game these days.

Anyone have entertaining stories to tell? Or maybe are sharing in my realization that perhaps you, too, don't know what in the world got you here in the first place?

Funnily enough, when I saw that same thread, I tried to remember how I joined here, but I couldn't remember either. I went through my old posts and when I found my very first post, I remembered...

I was playing some sort of pally and I ran across the conversion bug, the one where you would convert a monster, wait for the convert timer to go off, then kill him with 1 point of dmg. No one on bnet had heard or even understood this bug, so I began searching for a good resource. I found the main site first, and its item database was a great help. I even read the some of the quest guides :shocked: Eventually the pally conversion bug annoyed my enough to post about it. That got me through the door.

However, what really hooked me was most definitely the OTF. Freet owns my soul. :lipsrsealed:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High