Skulder's Ire, Homonculus, Ribcracker, Stone of Jordan

nepeta

Sep 19, 2004
So far, I've got an astounding collection of Tal Rasha's amulets, Gladiator's Banes and Shakos, it's time to bring balance to the Stash. I will find the above from Mephisto. Lets see how many runs I'll need. Guess it'll be about 3000 (through all my years of playing and all my restarts, unique rings have not been my luckiest category.

Runner: level 94 blizz sorc with 350 mf

Not particulary necessary to make a thread of it, just nailing my trousers to the mast.

ItemGuestimate nr of runs neededRuns until gotcha
Skulder's Ire1500253
Homonculus100070
Ribcracker1000
Stone of Jordan3000
Total3000

Oh and my merc needs better gear too.

ItemGuestimate nr of runs neededRuns til gotcha
Ethereal Kelpie Snare2000
Ethereal Shaftstop2000
Total2000

Runcounter

DateRunsTotal
2022 01 306060
2022 01 3180140
2022 02 0570210
2022 02 0640250
2022 02 0910260
2022 02 1240300

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 18 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x6103eac8
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +35
Magic Damage Reduced by 13

Last edited:
Only 70 runs in. Updated my gear to switch out tombs for more man, as I'll be hitting Cain every run if necessary. Not gone for the cube option, idk why... Might do that too. Mana is now at 1300, without Insight that reduces the need for pots. Merc is a prayer merc, so I get 0-100 hp per run healed as well, seems to work. Also switched 2 10 mf jewels in the blade of alibaba for 2 x ist. Seems to have paid off:

Reactions: snickersnack
still haven't gotten a homonc to drop from anywhere ... only thing on your list i've found are regular shaftstop and snare versions.

.... yet, I had found a Jah and Ber (and ith) within 2 or 3 days of each other when I first started playing d2r. Made an Enigma ... yeah ... enhanced drop rates for sure. I can make Infinity if I want to as well from self found runes ... but I can't find a Skullders? Or Ribcracker?

I love this game lol

interesting thread! I will watch it closely! :)

Doing myself an impossible mission, to find an eth skully

Reactions: nepeta
250 runs in and no improvement. With the goal of 3000 runs, that's about 1/12th done. Over 2 weekends. This might be a long haul :p

@bill_n_opus: Enigma + Infinity and not Skulder's, that's brutal :p Are runes even droppier in the reloaded D2 as in 1.13? Since 1.09, it's been going down-hill very fast :(

@Klonki: glhf with that. 1/20 for ethereal. Where are you fishing and how many runs or how much time do you reckon it'll take?

250 runs in and no improvement. With the goal of 3000 runs, that's about 1/12th done. Over 2 weekends. This might be a long haul :p

@bill_n_opus: Enigma + Infinity and not Skulder's, that's brutal :p Are runes even droppier in the reloaded D2 as in 1.13? Since 1.09, it's been going down-hill very fast :(

@Klonki: glhf with that. 1/20 for ethereal. Where are you fishing and how many runs or how much time do you reckon it'll take?
I just bit the bullet and cubed up 2 of my 4 surs and ber'd it. Then made infinity just now ... yeah, it's a meta changer. P8 pit runs with my level 83 trapper and it's tearing up through most things easily. Kinda hilarious actually.

But yeah, when I bought d2r in the late Fall/early Winter I literally found a Jah and then Ber within days of each other from iirc my first char which is usually a necro summoner in Act 1 Hell questing. Made Enigma which is just nuts.

Then i've been using that Enigma along with an underpowered character which is the Hammerdin and eventually got 4 sur runes to drop among others in LK .. had found another ber while doing LK runs from a log or something. Just made infinity. Imma post the screenie in my other thread. Didn't want to cube the surs ... but i've waited too long.

Was a little worried giving up my Insight for the mana regen but at this level the mana pool regens fairly fast and drinking potions is not hard. Especially when mana burn hits.

anyways, no Skullder's still or Homunc. I mean, I literally just found my first Naj's Puzzler a few days ago. I usually use that staff in lieu of an Enigma ...

I still laugh at the drop mechanics in this game.

Enigma
Call to Arms
Infinity

and I think i've only found 1-2 Isenharts case at this time. Yeesh.

10% in, still no SoJ and Ribcracker from Mephisto. Not even some other nice thing to keep me going. Last... 50 runs netted a pgem. The grind... TT Ok lets jog on!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High