Shiver armor and defiance mercenary

Re: Shiver armor and defiance mercenary

I think it's 2000 * (129+250)% = something (too lazy to count)

I've googled it some more, couldn't find the exact formula but it seems that you are right, they simply add up. Shame, now I'm not sure should I invest in defense. Hell Baal has about 52% to hit and Minions of Destruction have about 43% chance to hit a sorc with around 9900 defense, and it very unlikely it will go any higher.

It's not a bad idea to have high def, but you really shouldn't get hit much in the first place. For real defensive builds, I think 30k def is the standard for noticable difference (which isn't likely for a sorc xD ).

It's not a bad idea to have high def, but you really shouldn't get hit much in the first place. For real defensive builds, I think 30k def is the standard for noticable difference (which isn't likely for a sorc xD ).

I know, but my playing style is pretty aggressive :) Anyways I'll probably go the Holy Freeze merc route and skip investing into cold armors. It wasn't that I wanted high defense, it was more like "if I took a Defiance merc how much would it benefit me?".

Since he will probably poke around with Woestave to avoid suicides and keep Baal in place his leeching will be non-existent so I need a way to reduce the damage he takes.

I'd appreciate some input on this one too. Was planning something like Kelpie w/PE, Andariel's with Ort and Shaftstop with PR, then I found out that the slow from a single source is capped at 50% for Bosses so Woestave would be more useful with its ton of accessories and even lower damage. So.. I thought Woestave, Andariel's and Stone or Duress with either Defiance or Holy Freeze.

Is there something better? What I really need is something to slow down Baal, the Sorc can deal with other stuff on her own, except dual immunes (its a Tal's Meteorb build with 1 point in Nova to use that +2 to mastery).

Or should I stick to Defiance and boast my ~9500 defense :D

Note that I can't afford CoH and the likes.

Thanks.

I personally will put points in armor later on, although just 1 =) The defense bonus is quite noticable for just 1 point investment.
IMHO kelpie's is better due to it's high fire res, and the higher damage will help him stay alive longer as well. I was thinking kelpie amn'ed + guilaume's + treachery for the IAS and some DR.

I'll try that, the cb and high ias will definitely take down Baal faster. I just hope Emilio wont be fast enough to jab himself to death when IMed, although I could be blamed for that part, since I'm playing without sound and in a messy situation its hard to notice the cursed curse every time on time to tp out :)

Putting 1 or 2 points in FA or SA (like the part when it chills them while they swing and not actually hit you) isn't such a hard decision, but choosing between Defiance and HF, hm.. HF helps a lot against elemental (souls and witches hurt the most) and physical attackers while Def is lacking in the first department and great against bosses, but Baal won't be hitting pretty much anything while so slow..

So logic would imply I should go with HF, but then my defense will be much lower (~4500 with lvl 15 Shiver, compared to almost that value doubled with Def). That is the hard decision..

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High