Scavenger Hunt #5 - some little extra things to find

jiansonz

Jun 22, 2003
When I play my (usually long) sessions with my tournament characters, I still look for the (as of now) 12 remaining things I have left to find in the Scavenger Hunt 4, even though that contest is over since a long time. This, along with the standard Set/Unique item grail, gives me something extra to do which is nice if the gameplay is a bit of a grind. As great as the SH#4 is, I sometimes come up with a few more items to find that could be interesting to hunt for. So therefore I present this, a list for more things to seek out.

I encourage you to post your finds in this thread. It is open to all players/characters. HC, SC, SP, MP, whatever. The only rule is that items (and bosses) you found before you read this post do not apply.

Boss hunting
Find and kill bosses with each of these names
The Black trio
1. Black Hack
2. Black Widow
3. Black Jade the Hammer

Other bosses
4. A boss named '-the Hungry'
5. A boss named '-the Dead'
6. Chaos Shield
7. Ooze Razor

Stutter items

8. Maiden's Maiden Spear/Pike/Javelin
9. Glowing Glowing Orb
10. Edge Edge Bow
11. A rare or crafted item with the same name as the item type.
'Bone Wand' Bone Wand and 'Grim Shield' Grim Shield are two examples I know can spawn.

Zoological and mythical anomalies
12. Antlers of the Jackal
13. Antlers of the Fox
14. Antlers of the Wolf
15. Antlers of the Tiger
16. Antlers of the Mammoth
17. Antlers of the Centaur
18. Antlers of the Elephant
(my favourite!)

Unususal and LMAO items
19. A Freezing item of Thawing
20. A magic item with both magic-only prefix and magic-only suffix
21. A magic item worth less than 10 gold at the vendors
(yes, they exist!)
22. A rare item with fewer than three rows of modifiers
23. A magic amazon-only weapon with +6 to a skill tree
24. A Bone Jewel of Virility

Some clarifications and extra info:

6 and 7: I am not sure if boss names are different now than they were in 1.09 or in Classic 1.03, so I am not 100% sure that these two are possible in the current version of the game. Chaos Shield was a Venom Lord boss in one of Sirian's adventures. He guarded (appropriately enough) the entrance to the Chaos Sanctuary. Ooze Razor is the boss responsible for my 2nd ever HC death, back in v1.09. He was a Moon Lord in Hell Crystalline Passage. He had Holy Shock Spectral Hit something and he killed my Blaze Sorc there.

9. is a pretty tough one. It can not be rerolled with chippies, only found or rerolled with perfect gems (if ilvl is high enough).

10. The RWM runeword Edge

21. Hint: think of item types that are generally not worth much and add something that lowers sell value.

22. This can happen if affixes with the same effect get pooled together, for example if you get 3 affixes and roll both 'Static' and 'of Storms'.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
I know I've seen a #22 before. I remember wondering what the odds were of it dropping at the time.

I have a ring that fits the bill for #22. Too bad I found it months ago haha. I'll see if I can dig up a readout when I get home ^.^

I thought ALL claws sold for less than 10 gold ;)
I've certainly sold one for 7 or 8 gold, recently.

What do claws (or other items?) add that LOWER their sell value? That statement surprised me

What do claws (or other items?) add that LOWER their sell value? That statement surprised me

If the item is ethereal, the sales price is basically cut to 1/4 on most things (although the extra Defense armor items get from being ethereal lowers the loss somewhat. And throwing weapons seem to have their own funky rules for sales prices).

Can we use any of the items? Before we post them?

EDIT:
Code:
Cunning Circlet of Performance 
Circlet 
Defense: 25 
Durability: 27 of 35 
Required Level: 73 
Fingerprint: 0x7404af33 
Item Level: 88 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Unidentified 
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only) 
+13 to Minimum Damage

Antlers of the Wolf 
Antlers 
Defense: 21 
Durability: 11 of 20 
Required Level: 26 
Required Strength: 24 
Fingerprint: 0x85f1ec2f 
Item Level: 88 
+18 to Life

Last edited:

24. A Bone Jewel of Virility

lol

And just to show an example of #22: http://s851.photobucket.com/user/uglyfred44/media/Screenshot009_zps8ac128bf.jpg.html
... found before reading this thread, so not eligible if I take part (which I might).

On a sidenote, I have a few rare jewels with a higher +min damage modifier than +max damage (with a 3rd affix), and these read as 2-line readouts in GoMule (example: "adds 10-6 damage, 20 poison damage over 2 seconds"). But in D2 they list both physical damage modifiers separately, so in-game it's a 3-modifier readout ("+10 minimum damage, +6 maximum damage, 20 poison damage over 2 seconds".

Since there's potentially a difference, I'm guessing you're looking for inside-D2 readouts, and not the ones from GoMule.

Excellent idea, and well done in keeping up the tradition! I too have occasionally been looking for items from scavenger contests from some years ago from time to time and look forward to hopefully finding some of these.

I think I generally find more of these type of items playing carefully HC characters in tourneys, rather than MF runs or just racing through the game.

These dropped within minutes of each other!

Code:
Bitter Needle
Hunter's Bow
Two Hand Damage: 2 - 6
Durability: 19 of 32
Required Level: 18
Required Dexterity: 28
Fingerprint: 0xcda716f5
Item Level: 55
Adds 1 - 3 Fire Damage
Adds 2 - 63 Lightning Damage