Ruby Jewel of Fervor: what to do with it?

Re: Ruby Jewel of Fervor: what to do with it?

@Bob: I'd say that's a decent way to use the jewel for somebody who doesn't trade or somebody who doesn't have much need for what could be acquired for the jewel. For most traders, it's probably best off being traded away. After all, the charms, runes and/or items you can get by trading it will almost certainly be more valuable than the fairly minor increase you'd get from your merc's damage. As a more direct answer: if you had no need/desire for what trading it away could do for you, then I think a high end eth Reaper's would be a fine choice.

Corrupted used a 40/15 on a perfect eth Reaper's. I wouldn't do it, but I can't really think of a good place for a ruby of fervor's either. I'd rather find a fake ruby (fire res) of fervor, if it weren't for trade value. There are surprisingly few uses for l33t jewels these days with so many runewords.

Windforce? I know damage comes more from +max, but it's still a welcome boost. (edit: didn't realize zarfen had already mentioned it)

A fake Ruby of Fervor would go into Andariel's Visage, I guess?

More OT,

I have two eth andy visages, so I was looking for a good ruby (fire res) jewel of fervor. I was able to trade for one with 23% fire res (from Ipsilante, I think).

I'd have to say that Schaefer's is the most popular choice going by the History of the SPF. I can think of three owners of Schaefer's with good ruby jewels of fervor in them. But that then limits the usage of such a weapon as Schaefers is predominately used on Zealots. It's the kind of jewel that would inspire somebody to make a schaeferdin, as it's invaluable to make a schaeferdin work, 35% IAS on the weapon.

Puting such a jewel into an armor or helm would be a waste as off weapon ED is next to worthless, it works the same as skill damage. Quite often your better off with jewels with min or max damage or fervor than ED.

Yes, trade values of such jewels has fallen thanks to rune words. But to the right person, it would still hold a good value. Might be best to put it in a trade thread and see what happens.

As is always the case when you get as rare a socketfiller as this is. If you're not 100% certain what to do with it - stash it. One day, you've found 'your build' - the one you want to perfect. Then you might need the jewel. If not you can use it as trade fodder to get those hard to find items.

At least that's my view of things.

As is always the case when you get as rare a socketfiller as this is. If you're not 100% certain what to do with it - stash it. One day, you've found 'your build' - the one you want to perfect. Then you might need the jewel. If not you can use it as trade fodder to get those hard to find items.

At least that's my view of things.

Or you could just, you know, use it.

Or you could just, you know, use it.
This is the title of the thread, in case you missed it.

"Ruby Jewel of Fervor: what to do with it?"

If you want to "just, you know, use it.", use a plain ias jewel. It'll serve just as well.

This jewel won't make or break any build, but it's very suitable for making *that special build* better, or "perfect" if you prefer that term (I do).

would a 2 socketed Crown of the Ages be a legit purpose? you could socket it with a Ber (snicker...) or another 40/15, or heck a 15/15.

would a 2 socketed Crown of the Ages be a legit purpose? you could socket it with a Ber (snicker...) or another 40/15, or heck a 15/15.

It's an option, but that ~180 strength requirement would scare a lot of builds. Personally I'd be more likely to stick a couple of Ruby jewels of Freedom in there instead, as those probably have even less uses these days, but they'd look pretty sexy in the CoA.

As for an idea, I stuck my only ED/IAS jewel in my new Tyraels Might that my merc was using. Before anyone gets worked up about wasting a good jewel on a marginal armor... it was 12% ED. :p Still the only one ED/IAS jewel I've ever found.

More seriously, my top ~5 choices (in some order) for a Ruby of Fervor would probably be:

- eth/zod Tomb Reaver
- high-roll Schaeffers
- trade it
- sit on it until I had a project where I thought it would be a nice compliment
- eth Reapers Toll (though I recently went with an Amn rune for the extra leech, and I'm really liking that because it means I can focus entirely on resists, IAS (Treachery) and Crushing Blow (Guillaume's) in my armor & helm.

As for an idea, I stuck my only ED/IAS jewel in my new Tyraels Might that my merc was using. Before anyone gets worked up about wasting a good jewel on a marginal armor... it was 12% ED. :p Still the only one ED/IAS jewel I've ever found.

As for an idea, I stuck my only ED/IAS jewel in my new Tyraels Might that my merc was using.

my new Tyraels Might

Tyraels Might

When. Where. How. :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High