RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 6)

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]PresqueVu[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]36[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Sorceressessess[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Frozen Orb[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Normal[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]4[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]NO![/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] I thought I would be alright running CS out of boredom with my new Sorceress. I had just spent the evening leveling her up using Charged Bolt and I respec'd into FO.
Everything was fine, and then it wasn't. I hit the last seal, for the Venom Lord pack, and the game lags. Not a long time, but just enough.
deeds1.png

A bit late, this happened over a week ago, but here goes:

Character name: [highlight]MichelleYeoh[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]81[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Assassin[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Kicker[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]No[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight]
This babe was mostly untwinked (got a Crushflange from MrKaxe) and doing pretty fine so far in her partial Sigon's set with rares to add ^^
Went on my way to go and get her Hellforge drop and obviously encountered Hephasto. Was not doing much damage with her claws, so decided to switch to her trustworthy 'flange when I suddenly noticed she was not wearing her shield anymore. Ported out, went for her shield from stash (some ****hole rare, did not manage to find a 4sox shield for a spirit yet :badteeth:) went back through the tp, lagged a bit and got murdered by Hephasto and 1 or 2 of those maggot younglings.

Ow man, back to back entries, I'm doing well this ladder :/

Character name: [highlight]BlondeMamba[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]54[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Amazon[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Fend w. Multishot as backup/crowd control[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Nightmare[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]No[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight]
Earlier on the day I had walked my way through nightmare together with a trapsin and since we skipped forges at that moment I decided to go and get mine in the hope of finding a decent 3sox armor for a Peace for which I had just found the necessary runes.
Was fighting the group @ Hephasto (yeah, again) when "Huh? Wut wut?!? :surprise:" I apparently hit the Windows key. Lights out, game over...

Never even got to use that Stoneraven sitting in her stash that was kindly donated by MrKaxe :weep:

I've gotta remake her... She was fun as hell.

screenshot008h.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Pootah
Character level: 90
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orb/TK
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 3
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Happily teleporting through Durance 2 when I got stunlocked and then GGed by dolls. First character of the season, untwinked with 0 fg to start and I managed build up a nice little setup with a Shako, perfect vmagi and other decent gear. You will be missed!

=============

Character name: [highlight]MagicFingersZF[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]57[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Sorceress[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Meterorb[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Nightmare[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Sheer careless stupidity. Was easily leveling in CS and I did something I have never had the audacity/stupidity to do before. I opened the seal for the Venom Lord pack standing between the seal and the edge of the level. DOH!! They popped right next to me, and when I went to tele away from them I click my mouse outside the game window I was playing in. Double Doh! I normally ALWAYS make sure I open those seals leaving myself an easy safe out in case they pop too close. Oh well always seem to need one "wakeup" death playing this game per ladder season, just got this one a lot earlier than usual.

Character name: [highlight]KissOfDarkness[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]94 only 30 mils from 95[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Sorceress[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Lighting[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]5[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]NO!!!!![/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Act 5 wave 5 Lister Bug. 5 frames --> 5k life+++ 22k defense 90/75/85/75 lighting absorb 35DR sorc dies.

Lost all items after not taking a scratch from anything. Baal only did 100 damage with his tentacles.

Character name: [highlight]Mau-Jav[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]71[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Amazon[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Pure Strafer[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]5 (dumb)[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]afk vs M[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] I was having a blast with her and wanted to just play through hell because she was so fun. My resists were pretty bad and I really wanted to use WF at 83 so I hit a roadblock. My friends started asking for a hell rush so I figured I'd rush her with my Sorc while I was at it and risk it.

It went well, until I started watching TV while Baaling. A Soul sneaks into the back corner and 1 shots me :(

I loved playing through the game with her, still not even sure why I rushed her. My own fault. At least I was able to loot, I didn't lose anything other than the entire weekend I spent playing her...ugh.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Ajax
Character level: 53
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Berserker
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3-Spider Caverns
Corpse looted: HelpfulSteve tried. Epic fail. See next post.
Death type: NoobvM

Cause of demise: My first hardcore character. Surrounded by spiders in the Spider Cavern. Berserk was just becoming useful, but base AR was too low. Don't know if we were fighting some champion or if it was Ssark the Burning, but I got surrounded and frozen. Frozen casting delay made it hard to war cry fast enough to stun them, and impossible to leap out of there between hits. Broke away after using my last rejuvenation potion, but was too slow (or dumb) to get away fast enough.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Last edited:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: HelpfulSteve
Character level: 54
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Squire
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3-Spider Caverns
Corpse looted: Nope.

Cause of demise: Another first hardcore character. After Ajax died, he asked HelpfulSteve from beyond the grave to honor his death by looting his corpse. HelpfulSteve returned to the cavern with his lord to honor Ajax's dying wish. His lord died almost immediately, but HelpfulSteve cleverly lured the spiders away from Ajax's corpse. He doubled back to Ajax's venom-filled body, realizing too late that the boss spider was standing on Ajax's body, waiting (seriously). By the time HelpfulSteve clicked on Ajax's corpse, he was already hit, and frozen again. His cold state slowed him enough such that the minion spiders were able to surround him before he got to his escape town portal, and he fell in the same screen as Ajax, who was forced to watch his best friend die before his eyes in an attempt to perform the burial rights.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.

Death Certificate

Character name: Schnoog
Character level: 72
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Strafer/Cold
Game difficulty: NM
Act: 5 (just a casual march through Bloody Foothills)
Death type: vs M

Cause of demise: Got a little overconfident and just started marching ahead, not using my decoy, enjoying my new bow...ran into a 15-pack of the javelin-tossing cats and died in about 1.4 seconds. Absolutely stupid death...was really enjoying her, too.

Death Certificate

Character name: Umbrae
Character level: 85
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Orb/TK
Act: 1
Corpse looted: NO!
Death type: PVM

Cause of demise: Had just gotten to combs 4 for mf'ing when I had to run answer the door. Tp'ed and click on the portal saw the screen black out for going to town so ran to the door... Apparently I didn't go to town. Died simply because someone rang the doorbell :( Lost full tals, awesome circlet , occy, insight and all my absorb equipment.

And I was doing fine (mf'ing, had beat the game)! There was no way I could die even if I stood in Trav taking hydra after hydra for 3 min.

Picture1-57.png

Death Certificate

Character name: Devilbird
Character level: 82
Character class: Amazon
Character build: LF/Cs
Act: Cows
Corpse looted: NO!
Death type: PVM

Cause of demise: Stupid cows. I hit by fat purples, but not in time :(

Also I think this is Diablo's way of telling me to get off and go study for my exams.

Death Certificate

Character name: Soser
Character level: 42
Character build: Enchant/Bow Sorc (Demon Machine)
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Nope...
Death type: PVM?

Cause of demise: Dirty TP, should have seen it coming. I was just trying to get one level to use treachery. I had a gut feeling I should have left the game.

Death Certificate

Character name: Maegwyne
Character level: 72
Character build: classic meteorb
Corpse looted: Nohohohohooooo(whine)
Death type: stubborness

Died to to extra strong multiple shot arrow slinging evil thing in the tower in act 1. merc died in seconds, shoulda taken the hint...but noooo i though i could kite her :p

It was good while it lasted.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: rTuarthon
Character level: 66
Character build: Enchantress
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Friend was helping level her up doing baal runs. I thought it was nightmare but was hell. Got hit by glooms - low res - dead.

Death Certificate

Character name: MarmiteFeets
Character level: 48
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Kicksin

Cause of demise: Was running count for runes since I was bored and was playing untwinked. I normaly make a kicksin or summon necro when I start up playing again, tradition. Anyhow things are going ok and I make it to level 3, I take things slow because I realise that my laptops Escape button is really small and I know I'll probably hit every button around it if in a panic but I keep going (First mistake). My laptops Fkeys (F1, F2 etc) require me to hold down the FN key before pressing them, which is just not possible since my hand cannot reach across both ends of the keyboard and I don't want to take my other hand off the mouse. This means I cant use hotkeys (Second mistake). I keep going and run through a door and to my horror I realise that there's a horde of Cold enchanted archers behind me now, since I zoomed passed with BoS. I panic as I see my health bar drop fast and spam purples then press every key around my FRICKEN SMALL escape button. Everything stops and I realise I'm not taking damage anymore but im also not save and exiting. I run around for a bit before I realise I have timed out. Sure enough when I log back in I see my black robes and I punch my laptop in the face. Apparenty Dell though it would be a smashing idea to but my F1 key as my "Disconnect Wifi" key. So Unless I hold down FN I will Time myself out. My F1 key is right next to my Escape key and my just above my potions keys. So if I heal wrong, I time myself out. If I panic, I time myself out. 8 seconds of just standing there... thanks Dell...

Death Certificate

Character name: BadBadBear
Character level: 78
Character class: Druid
Character build: Windy
Corpse looted: No :(

Cause of demise: Doing Hell countess runs for runes. Had done quite a few by now on my character and I walked into a hall full of archers + boss (didn't see mods on boss). I start spamming Tornado realizing I'll probably have to hit the purples in this hallway. I hit the purples before I died, Battle.net disagrees. I sat with my mouth agape for a solid minute before I quit. I guess I'll start slamming the purples at half health from now on.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: SaiBaba
Character level: 83
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Concentration
Act: 4

Cause of demise: One-hit by doll in Durance lvl 2. 2,3k hp. untwinked. My first hc char :(

Death Certificate

Character name: Mrs Claus
Character level: 83
Character class: Assassin
Character build: fire trapper
Act: 2
Corpse looted:No
Death type:pvM

Cause of demise: Got surrounded by a double boss-pack (conviction and ?) of scarabs down in a tomb, tried to fight through it. The end was slow and painful...no it wasn't, it was instant. :crazyeyes: Thinking about it now is slow and painful. ;OP

Death Certificate

Character name: Kharlla
Character level: 87
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Lightening/FO
Act: 3
Corpse looted:Yes

Cause of demise: Was rushing my another character (pally below!)through NM, and was at Council in Travincal. Had Amp dmg curse on me and did not bother getting rid of it, and got killed by Fire Enchanted Council member.

------------------

Death Certificate

Character name: Azgel
Character level: 88
Character class: Pally
Character build: Hdin
Corpse looted:Yes

Cause of demise: Similarly to sorc's death - was rushing my character. I rushed into Throne of Destruction, which was full of dolls :D I didn't really noticed them untill it was to late :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High