Reset skills/stats without clearing Den of Evil?

krischan

Aug 17, 2003
Reset skills/stats without clearing Den of Evil?

I just entered hell mode with my sorc and to my surprise, Akara already offers to reset skills and stats, even though I haven't cleared the Den so far.

Has it always been like that? Maybe I just didn't notice it in the previous seasons :scratchchin:

Re: Reset skills/stats without clearing Den of Evil?

I just entered hell mode with my sorc and to my surprise, Akara already offers to reset skills and stats, even though I haven't cleared the Den so far.

Has it always been like that? Maybe I just didn't notice it in the previous seasons :scratchchin:
Fairly certain it hasn't, but I'd have to test it to be sure. Got any other chars at the end of nightmare to verify with? Also might be worth testing if it's like that in nightmare. After all it could be that that reward is tied to a flag that gets marked once you complete the den in any difficulty and it carries over, or something along those lines.

Regardless it should be easy to verify if that is the case or not ...

I checked it again and now she doesn't offer it anymore.

I'm 100% sure that it happened. I triple-checked the difficulty level and it was the very first hell game in this season. Maybe it happens only at the first visit to hell mode for a character and not anymore at subsequent visits... and who knows, maybe you get an extra restat reward, although it could as well screw up the Den quest, leading to a loss of the skill point reward.

*Note to self: Check again when reaching hell mode with another dummy character.*

I can vaguely remember someone describing this situation before. I'm fairly sure. Anyway, I'm rushing a char on monday, I'll try to remember to look it up

I made a character before the ladder reset, completed the Den of Woe in Normal, and when I got to Nightmare and Hell the reset reward was available from Akara, without having completed the Den of Woe. Eventually I used the reward while in Hell, and then it was no longer available in Normal and Nightmare.

Do you actually get three reset rewards for each character? I always thought it was one, but I've read that you get three.

You get three, one for each difficulty

couldnot find the original patch notes so copied from wiki.

Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.

you completed the quest already (in other diff) so a free respec is available in hell. once you complete quests in all diff you will have 3 as expected. consider your case as an old player who did complete quest before 1.13. game assumed your case like that and offered a respec at hell.

i dont know actual case so just trying to understand from the patch notes. i never use them, always use token:D

Noticed it when I hadn't cleansed the Den aswell, couldn't use it though.

Same here, I used normal + nm reward, then I needed a third respec, option was available but not usable, I needed to finish den of evil@hell and then it was good !

when the respec was first implemented i saw a lot of weirdness reported including someone saying they got to have two for hell. i suspect that it's some quirky bit of code that gave all the existing characters (when it was first introduced) a respec in hell regardless of whether or not they'd completed den.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High