Removing all traces of Glide Wrapper?

logoutzero

Nov 9, 2005
I installed a glide wrapper to try and get some mouse capture, but it ran terribly with my hardware. Now, the Vid Test is forced to revert do GlideFX (cannot change it to anything else, it automatically reverts to Glide) and I get an error along the lines of "Diablo II could not start because glidefx.dll is missing. Try reinstalling it."

Will uninstalling all instances of DII and starting fresh eliminate this issue, or is it a key created somewhere?

I get that issue when installing a fresh copy of Diablo II and the glide driver is not in the native folder. Here's what I suggest:
Run video test, skip if you wish, and choose one of the two (or three if it is in the folder) that is not glide. It should use whatever setting you chose.

Though if you have no other glidefx.dll on your computer, reinstalling and deleting the driver (glide) should resolve your issue.

When I change it to any other settings, it reverts back to glide automatically the next time it is run, and the game will only run in -w mode. I think it has to do with doing multiple installs and moving them, the computer knows which one is the most recent install even if it has been moved from c://diabloii or whatever... I will try adding the glide.dll back to the folders, and see if that allows me to switch away from it. Otherwise, full wipe.

Open the glide exe and remove registry entries. The glide readme explains how to do it.

Open the glide exe and remove registry entries. The glide readme explains how to do it.

Yep, did that too. There is not a single file on my computer anywhere related to the glide wrapper, and the video test still tests for it, and sets it by default. If I change to DD or D3D and run VidTest again, it's still sitting on 3dfx Glide. All my multi.dll's stopped working since trying the glide wrapper, too.

Perhaps the video test program doesn't have write permissions for the configuration file. Try to run it as administrator. At which patch level is the game?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High