Really Should Be Constructive Thursdaily

John Remedy

Jul 17, 2007
RL: 7AM. Haven't been to bed yet. Ten night shifts in a row with five more to go next week have reversed my sleeping patterns. I've been going to be around 8 or 9AM and waking up around 3PM. And I really need to pack for my move next week. My back has been killing me the last few days, and I'm moving to a third floor flat of course (though it's the only flat on the third floor, and it's called 'The Penthouse' :p), but I hope I can rest it enough. Hopefully going to see The Intouchables at the cinema today, a French film with critical acclaim. I'm taking my Hungarian friend and two friends I would firmly have put in the "I won't be able to understand the film because I'll be too busy reading the subtitles" category, though the male of them does love Taxi as much as I do. It'll be my first 'double date' in maybe five years. Anyways, I'm excited about the film, and it's very rare for a foreign film to be shown in Cornwall.

D2: Nonsense.

OVG: XCOM: Enemy Unknown is released in 17 hours, because I'm not American. Although these last two days I've been too tired to remember the nationality bias imposed against me. Other than that, it's been a surprisingly game-free post shift.

FE! Where have you been? *glare*

Good to see you're still alive :loving:

RL: Jess isn't good. Did a check on her last night but I'll take her to the vets and get the opinion of a vet I think, I only know so much. Personally, I think she's going blind. Then off to Dunfermline to look into getting a chameleon!

D2: Hammerdin is now running pits. I considered throwing an Ohm in his eth reapers, but I've gone for Shael.

OVG: Unlikely

RL: it is a BEAUTIFUL autumn day here in Sweden!! Crisp clear air. Blue skies. A couple of degrees plus. Seet. I absolutely love autumn. (Now I just need to figure out a good way to spend it so that it doesn't feel wasted tonight...)

D2: see above. It might give me bad conscience to play but my hardcore necro is just moving into act 4 NM and he is doing really well.

@Kitteh - the couple from whom I bought this house had a totally blind dog. It was fine, providing she didn't move the furniture! So it's sad but not the end of the world. (One of my cats is completely deaf; tested by vet dropping a 3" thick book from 4 feet height, directly behind her. No reaction at all.)

RL: Debating if I want to drive 50 miles to see relatives. I used to do it at the drop of a hat, now it seems like such a long way.

D2: Unlikely; see above.

OVG: Minecraft redstone if anything. Found a decent tutorial but I'm copying what he's doing/explaining on the vid in my own map because I find I learn that way and find it easier to retain the information.

RL: Car is running 430hp tearing up the driveway :). Birthday is thankfully over, I hate birthdays.

D2: My sept is starting A4 NM in a couple of days so moving right along. Took a small break from the sept to build a themed toon, based on another game I really like should be done with him tomorrow, or today depending on how you look at it..

OVG: no sucha thing ha.

@FE: The movie was indeed very well received by the public but some critics did find it lacking something. I agree that the movie overlooks some stuff but it's still a great movie, I enjoyed it and find it to be better than the average movie.

@Kitteh - the couple from whom I bought this house had a totally blind dog. It was fine, providing she didn't move the furniture! So it's sad but not the end of the world. (One of my cats is completely deaf; tested by vet dropping a 3" thick book from 4 feet height, directly behind her. No reaction at all.)

RL: Debating if I want to drive 50 miles to see relatives. I used to do it at the drop of a hat, now it seems like such a long way.

D2: Unlikely; see above.

OVG: Minecraft redstone if anything. Found a decent tutorial but I'm copying what he's doing/explaining on the vid in my own map because I find I learn that way and find it easier to retain the information.

The problem is that she's already deaf, and her back end is going :(

RL: Oldest daughter had to go to the hospital first thing this morning. Turns out it's nothing serious but the wife still missed a day of work, that's gonna hurt a lot. Enchiladas for dinner then off to the sneak preview of Here Comes the Boom. Great movie, had it all. Just the right mount of cheese, action, comedy and sappy plot that'll make you feel good at the end. All of that and it was done cleanly without forty-two eff bombs throughout. I had no idea what this movie was about prior to going but I was pleasantly surprised. I think this may very well be Kevin James' best performance.

D2: Getting burned out on Mephisto runs. They're plenty productive but I'm ready to start working on another character.

OVG: I've been grudgingly slogging through Tiberian Sun: Firestorm trying to finish the GDI campaign. I love Tiberian Sun but the expansion just always seemed to fall flat for me. Then maybe Yuri's Revenge or C&C3: Tiberium Wars.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High