Ranger info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvish_Legion

Banned
Jun 25, 2003
Ranger info

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS

This is not going to be organized as nice as the other one, Im trying to gather all the info the 2nd update had first day back and a lot of work to do

dreamsmith's table
The other night, I started listing all the Ranger types named above, along with listing the skill points required to complete one. I wanted to see how many free skill points would be left on each, perhaps enough on some to add a third aura? Anyhow, here's the list I ended up with:

(Mi=Might, BA=Blessed Aim, Co=Concentration, Fa=Fanaticism, Fi=Holy Fire, Fr=Holy Freeze, Sh=Holy Shock, Th=Thorns, Sc=Sanctuary, Cv=Conviction, RF/RC/RL=Resist Fire/Cold/Lightning, Sv=Salvation, All=The total skill points used to complete this build.)

Code:
Single Aura Rangers Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
--------------------------------- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---
Fanatical Ranger 1 20 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 42
Pyromancer Ranger 1 0 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 0 20 61
Firepower Ranger 1 20 0 0 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 0 20 81
Freeze Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 20 82
Shock Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 20 83
Shining Light Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 0 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 44
Willpower Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 20 0 0 0 0 45

Dual Aura Rangers Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
Hellwrath Ranger 1 20 1 20 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 0 20 102
Winterswrath Ranger 1 20 1 20 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 20 103
Heavenswrath Ranger 1 20 1 20 1 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 20 20 104
Thermal Ranger 1 9 0 0 20 20 0 0 0 0 20 20 0 20 110
Power Ranger 1 8 0 0 20 1 20 0 0 0 20 0 20 20 110
Storm Ranger 1 8 0 0 1 20 20 0 0 0 0 20 20 20 110
Shining Fanatical Ranger 1 20 1 20 1 1 0 1 20 0 0 0 0 0 65
Shining Fire Ranger 1 20 0 0 20 1 0 1 20 0 20 0 0 20 103
Shining Freeze Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 20 0 1 20 0 0 20 0 20 103
Shining Shock Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 20 1 20 0 0 0 20 20 104
Shining Willpower Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 0 1 20 20 0 0 0 0 64
Faithful Fanatical Ranger 1 20 1 20 1 1 0 1 1 20 0 0 0 0 66
Faithful Fire Ranger 1 20 0 0 20 1 0 1 1 20 20 0 0 20 104
Faithful Freeze Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 20 0 1 1 20 0 20 0 20 104
Faithful Shock Ranger 1 20 0 0 1 1 20 1 1 20 0 0 20 20 105

Triple Aura Rangers Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
Faithful Shining Fanatical Ranger 1 20 1 20 1 1 0 1 20 20 0 0 0 0 85
Holy Trinity Ranger 1 0 0 0 20 20 20 0 0 0 10 17 2 20 110

Two comments on this: First, the name Faithful Shining Fanatical Ranger has GOT to go. Second, the Holy Trinity Ranger was just me playing around at making a Ranger that uses all three of the Holy element auras. Not sure about his viability, but he does about as much damage with any aura as a fully developed Freeze Ranger does with his, so if a Freeze Ranger is viable, this one could be as well. I wouldn't recommend it, however...

One other thing -- I'm thinking Steadfast may be a better prefix than Faithful to describe a Conviction using Ranger...

Info by Raven and Dream

Elvish

Elvish_Legion and Raven Hood Present

The Ranger a field hand book.*

*Note this is not a “guide” it is more a resource or index, you can take info from here and plan your Ranger.

Chapter 1. Ranger Explained

A Ranger is a paladin that uses a bow or cross bow . While There are many different subclasses of a Ranger they still all revolve around the same basic idea. In this index I will carefully outline skill choices (and if certain gear is needed I will out line that as well). In the next update I will really get into detail about dueling…havent had enough exp

Chapter 2: Playing the Ranger
The Ranger is very easy to play. A few of the sub classes are semi-difficult but clearly if you are reading this you know that. Basically grab a bow get a tanking mercenary and just head out. Wait that’s an amazon sorry. Rangers take a bit of strategy while you play. The basics are unlined here:
When playing an area of fast moving hard hitting monsters (dolls) let your mercenary earn his 10k revival and make him tank for you. I cannot stress this enough, if you think your sad little red bulb will last more than 1 doll pop in hell, my friend this is not the build for you. Once you get out of the threat of fast moving monsters you will have the other type of monsters (yes there are 2 types based in hell) The slow moving hard hitting mega-beasts (the uders and such). These guys are a pain to any class that cannot tank for its self. I noticed that if I got them broken up from a mob my mercenary could USEALLY handle them, not always as he has a habit of attacking a wall or lesser monster a lot. But seriously playing the ranger goes something like this

R = Ranger
M= Mercenary
B= Boss pack
FM= Fast monster
SM= Slow monster

R

M

B FM SM

With that kind of set up you have to figure “ok merc will go for lamest target, so focus fire on FM and let SM take its time” yada yad Im not going to tell you “ok click on this monster then this one” Not my job to teach you the class its my job to make sure you know that it exists and can kill.

Chapter 3: Subclasses of the Ranger
Elemental Rangers

OUTLINE:

Auras-
When fanaticism is weak-
The elements of using elements- all radiuses are 16.6 yards at level 20, use a resist aura + salvation as a synergy, and sacrifice the ability to have leech, for better crowd control and the ability to control where your damage comes from
The different elements- holy fire, freeze, shock. {I also did Sanctuary, but if you want to completely remove it and any mention of it, It’s ok, no one will end up using it anyways} Sanctuary

Holy Fire-
Synergies and basic info
The damage output
Kuko and the other bows
What it has over other elements:
Low level, works with kuko or other exploding arrow weapons (listed) so that you do not need a high attack rate, and has crowd control elements
How to combine it with crushing blow
How to combine +fire damage gear with holy fire
Multiple Target Attack potential
Weaknesses:
Low radius damage turns out to be detrimental – attracts enemies, procs light enchants
Least amount of damage on single targets, so that when bosses are left over after you clear its pack, you probably will find yourself relying on crushing blow (if you have it)
{heh, Elvish, doesn’t look like there are many, in fact I think holy fire has the least amount} (last second addition) Hireling

Holy Freeze-
Synergies and basic info
The damage output
The efficiency of radius damage being an anti regen
Slows up to 54% up to level 20, goes up but not by much past lvl 20
Whats bows help this element and which ones that really do not
What it has over other elements:
Can slow things around you, adds the most consistent damage, and strong crowd control as well as most reliable (my opinion)
Weaknesses:
Slowest rate of improvement, longest aura to wait for before it adds serious damage (last second addition) Hireling{not listed but is on shock to}

Holy Shock-
Synergies and basic info
The damage output
The faster the better
What it has over other auras:
Most damage per target
Radius can actually kill stuff {actually, it looks like holy shock is the weakest of auras on paper}
Weaknesses:
Min damage and why this sucks
No leech, and no form of slow or multiple target attack to keep things off you, relies on sheer damage of the holy shock crowd control instead, Although the highest average damage, the least reliable source of damage,

Back up Aura usage:
Holy Freeze + Holy Shock
Holy Fire + fanat
Sanctuary + fanat

Sanctuary-
Synergy and basic info
The way damage output works and damage output
Undead only-
Offers knockback, unresistable magic damage except to magic immunes, doesn’t work on super unique monsters or bosses
What it has over others-
Only one synergy, so it can be combined well with fanat
Looks cool then other auras,
Weaknesses-
Will only work on undead
Possibly bugged so it might not work

The Usage of Elemental Auras and Sanctuary By Raven-Hood

Fanaticism is the only aura that adds to attack speed, attack rate, and damage but it has several flaws. The first flaw is that it relies on a high damage bow to allow you to do damage, because it works exponentially (this means that instead of adding a set adding a set number of damage, it multiplies your base damage, so a lower damage will barely improve while a high damage vastly improves). The second flaw is that it is useless on physical immune monsters. But the biggest flaw is that it offers no crowd control, this is where the elemental auras come. Elemental auras are the only auras that can do direct damage to all living and undead enemies around you and add to your attack assuming you are not trying to fight something immune to your element. All elements having one resist X skill and salvation as synergies, meaning if you are in a group and you are all vastly in need of a certain resist, you can raise this resist up to 95% (even without +20% to max resist gear), or you can raise all elemental resists to 75%, just because of how high the level of your resist auras will be. The best element of elemental auras is most definitely the crowd control. Each elemental aura offers its own form of crowd control, whether it is the ability to hit an unlimited amount of targets in one arrow, to slow enemies around you, or to sizzle everything to dust that might be getting to close. The three elemental auras are Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, and Holy Shock, but there is also another aura that works exponentially like Fanaticism but also offers crowd control like the Elements, this would be Sanctuary. (more on this later, also make sure to read all of this in order because certain hints and warnings will not be repeated or might clarify the usage of certain auras over others, do not just skip to what interests you!)

Holy Fire is the first element offered to you. The synergies for this skill are Resist Fire, which adds 18% fire damage per level, and Salvation, which adds 6% fire damage per level. With Holy Fire and synergies at level at level 20 (without gear) this is a total of 697.6 –812.8. Since Holy Fire is the lowest level of elemental aura auras, it can be finished first as well as reach half its potential before you even finish the normal game. This is definitely a nice perk that every other ranger aura does not have. This is the only aura that will allow you to add damage to the splash of an exploding arrow or bolt, and not just the arrow itself. Therefore these bows will work best:

Raven Claw
Long Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (4-5) To (16-17) (10-11 Avg)
Required Level: 15
Required Strength: 22
Required Dexterity: 19
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+60-70% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Fires Explosive Arrows [Level 3]
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+3 To Dexterity
+3 To Strength

Hellcast
Heavy Crossbow

Two-Hand Damage: (23-25) To (44-46) (33.5-35.5 Avg)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 60
Required Dexterity: 40
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+70-80% Enhanced Damage(varies)
Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts [Level 5]
Adds 15-35 Fire Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+70 to Attack Rating
15% To Max Fire Resist
Fire Resist +15%
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Kuko Shakaku
Cedar Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (25-28) To (72-81) (48.5-54.5 Avg)
Required Level: 33
Required Strength: 53
Required Dexterity: 49
+150-180% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts [Level 7]
Piercing Attack (50)
Adds 40-180 Fire Damage
+3 To Immolation Arrow (Amazon Only)
+3 To Bow And Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Demon Machine
Chu-Ko-Nu

Two-Hand Damage: 31-137 (84 Avg)
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 80
Required Dexterity: 95
Base Weapon Speed: [-60]
+123% Enhanced Damage
+66 To Maximum Damage
Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts [Level 6]
+632 To Attack Rating
Piercing Attack (66)
+321 Defense
+36 To Mana

The most commonly used bow of all of these would be Kuko Shakaku because it has the highest level exploding arrows, 50% chance of being a piercing attack, and adds an additional 40-180 fire damage to its splash. If you decide on going this route, you will only need enough dexterity to allow you to use these weapons because your splash damage does not rely on attack rating. In fact, your enemies will find themselves needing resists instead of defense to stop you from hurting them. The other nice thing about this is that your gear can also add to your exploding arrows. Armor with +fire damage like spirit forge and inferno strides work great on a holy fire ranger. Crushing Blow also works in your exploding arrow splash, so another path (recommend for those of you who have the gear to get a 50+% chance of crushing blow) for your gear would be to get as much crushing blow you can instead of fire damage. In this case, since demon machine is the fastest of all of these bows, it would be your best choice. (Disclaimer: my personal belief is that rangers only use bows and not crossbows, but since this is Elvish’s guide, crossbows are allowed.) Since the Holy Fire ranger uses exploding arrows, he is the only ranger that can hurt an unlimited amount of enemies at a time. (hint: run in circles around as many enemies as you can to get them into a tight pack, then shoot the one in the center so that all the enemies are effected by the splash) Other rangers can use bows that fire exploding arrows, but since only fire and crushing blow is adding to the explosion, they will not have the same power and benefits as a Holy Fire ranger. Unfortunately, all good things come with side effects (well most do), the radius of damage created by Holy Fire actually manages to work against you. Not only is it to small in the beginning of the game when it might do actual damage, but when the radius is at a decent 16 yard + size, it does not do enough damage to even negate monster health regeneration. Actually, if anything this radius of damage works against you. It manages to cause light enchanted enemies to light up the area with bolts, while also attracting many enemies to you that should be on your mercenary. The other side effect of holy fire, is despite the fact that it works wonders on huge packs, sometimes you will find super unique monsters left behind with a huge amount of life and your attack damage is not going to be enough to take it down in reasonable time. If this happens to you, be glad you had your crushing blow. (Notice: all element users can combine crushing blow with exploding arrow bows, I do not recommend it if you are not holy fire.) The last thing to know for a Holy Fire ranger, is what hireling you will use. There is only one I recommend, that would be the holy freeze act 2 defensive nightmare hirelings. This is because you want your enemies to be packed together, and if you have them slowed, they won’t be able to separate as fast. (Warning for Holy Fire rangers: it is best to also add that having the ability to cast terror on strike or cause monsters to flee when you hit them, will ruin your packs and therefore should not be used.)

Holy Freeze is the second elemental aura offered to you, its synergies are resist cold which adds 15% percent to your cold damage level, and salvation which adds 7% cold damage per level. With Holy Freeze and synergies all at level 20 (no items), it adds 999-1026 to your attack. The radius damage on Holy Freeze is considerably better then Holy Fire’s radius damage, but not to the point where you could use it as an attack. What it can be used for is to negate any health regenerated by your enemies. This is very cool because it allows you to take your time and not worry about your enemies healing if you do not kill them fast enough. At level 20 this skill is freezing practically every monster on your screen by 54%, this is unbelievably powerful in preventing monsters from reaching you, getting my vote for best crowd control skill in the game. There are many misconceptions to when you choose a bow. Things to look for in a bow are: speed, resists, the ability to slow target, open wounds, and do crushing blows, reduces cold resistance on target by x% (only on one bow), ignore target defense, fires magic arrows (the skill), and knock back. You do not need damage on your bow that does not necessarily mean you do not want high damage on your bow. I recommend these bows over all the others:

Rogue's Bow
Composite Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (5-6) To (11-12) (8-9 Avg)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 35
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
+40-60% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+100% Damage to Undead
30% Deadly Strike
50% Increased Attack Speed
+60 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)
(Recommended because of how fast it really is.)

Wizendraw
Long Battle Bow

Two-Hand Damage: 5 To (30-32) (17.5-18.5 Avg)
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 40
Required Dexterity: 50
+70-80% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50-100 To Attack Rating (varies)
Fires Magic Arrows [Level 5]
Cold Resist 26%
+15 to Energy
+30 to Mana
-(20-35)% To Enemy Cold Resistance (varies)

Riphook
Razor Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (22-25) To (61-70) (41.5-47.5 Avg)
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 62
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Slows Target By 30%
30% Chance of Open Wounds
30% Increased Attack Speed
7-10% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
+35 To Mana

Witchwild String
Short Siege Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (32-35) To (75-81) (53.5-58 Avg)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 65
Required Dexterity: 80
+150-170% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Fires Magic Arrows [Level 20]
2% Chance To Cast Level 5 Amplify Damage On Striking
+ (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 % Deadly Strike (Based On Character Level)
All Resistances +40
Sockets (2)
(keep this on switch for whenever you run out of arrows, or need resists)

Cliffkiller
Large Siege Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (34-43) To (141-168) (87.5-105.5 Avg)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 80
Required Dexterity: 95
+190-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds (5-10)-(20-30) Damage (varies)
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
+80 Defense VS. Missile
+50 To Life
Knockback

Goldstrike Arch
Gothic Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (30-35) To (150-175) (90-105 Avg)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 95
Required Dexterity: 118
+200-250% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+100-200% Damage To Demons (varies)
+100-200% Damage To Undead (varies)
5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist Of Heavens On Striking
Replenish Life +12
+100-150% Bonus To Attack Rating(varies)

Widowmaker
Ward Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (50-60) To (132-159) (91-109.5 Avg)
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 72
Required Dexterity: 146
+150-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
33% Deadly Strike
+3-5 To Guided Arrow (varies)
Fires Magic Arrows [Level 11]
(Ladder Only)
(only for those of you who cannot otherwise achieve a high attack rating)

Gut Siphon
Demon Crossbow

Two-Hand Damage: (67-83) To (104-128) (85.5-105.5 Avg)
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 141
Required Dexterity: 98
Base Weapon Speed: [-60]
+160-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Piercing Attack [33]
12-18% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
33% Chance of Open Wounds
Slows Target by 25%

As you can see, there are a lot of bows to choose from. These just happen to be the only ones I believe are able to work for a cold ranger in the end game. The only serious side effect I discovered with this build is how slow the rate of improvement the holy freeze aura has, and how weak it really is until you finally get 20 in both cold resist and holy freeze. This build is more open to what mercenary you choose. I recommend going with a defiance mercenary from act2 hell, a blessed aim mercenary from act2 hell, or a barbarian mercenary. This all depends on whether your defense and/or attack rating is low (if both are low, you have chosen poor gear and attribute allotment), if both are doing fine for you then I suggest going with a barbarian because of how much damage he can do, and because he has more health and a better attack rating then your paladin hireling brethren. (Also because it is much easier to get a good sword.)

Holy Shock is the last but not least elemental aura given to you by Blizzard. Its synergies, lightning resist, and salvation add 12% and 4% each per level. The reason why its synergies are not very helpful is because of how high the damage on it starts, but with all synergies and Holy Shock at level 20 (again, no items) it does 4 -3744 damage. Unlike the other two auras, there is a huge difference between the skill at level 20 and the skill at level 25 or level 30 so look for +skills gear. The faster the better! Keep this is mind when looking at this skill. This skill gets more powerful faster then any other skill at a ranger’s arsenal. This skill also requires a very fast bow to work. Therefore the fastest bow you can find is usually the best bow you can get. The other things you might want to also consider when looking for a bow, are looking for ones: that ignore your target’s defense, that shoots magic arrows; slows, crushing blows, or open wounds your target, has knock back, and adds resists to your ranger. Pretty much, this means you should go with the Witchwild String Bow (listed above) and/or Widowmaker Ward Bow if you have a lot of increased attack speed equipment, or the fastest bows that exist; Goldstrike’s Arch Gothic Bow (only if you really must have that damage) or Rogue’s Bow. As you have probably heard, Holy Shock adds the most damage to each arrow out of any of the auras you have. (this includes Fanaticism and Sanctuary) On the other hand, this aura also gives up a lot of crowd control that Holy Fire with its crushing blow potential, and Holy Freeze with is slowing has by actually giving its radius acceptable damage. This damage will if not kill severely injure most monsters in nightmare, and a lot of monsters in hell too. The fact that elemental rangers rely on elemental damage means that you will not have decent life leech. This can be a problem with the holy shock ranger because your aura has a guaranteed chance of attracting everything not being attacked by your hireling or anyone else onto you, as well as making sure you are attacked by all archers, so you probably will be hit. Keep rejuvenating potions on hand, because health potions will not be enough at later areas, especially if you are hardcore. Holy Shock has the highest max damage and the highest average damage, but does this mean anything? No, it does not, this aura can surprise you by moving a chunk of health on your target down the first time you hit, and the next 10 times barely have visible damage. This is because the minimum damage on Holy Shock is pathetic, try to fix this by acquiring a second source of damage with a high minimum damage, like poison damage small charms with 100+ damage, and jewels with + x-x to your damage. (These DO exist, but I have only seen one since I have been playing d2x, so that means they are probably very rare.) Even so, many people believe the fluctuation in damage is worth taking because of the sheer max damage and extremely high average damage offered in the later levels of this skill. (23-28+) (Warning: If you find yourself with more then +8 to all skills, you are probably using poor equipment selection judgment, ones charms should do more then add to your offensive auras, and ones armor should do more then make your aura more powerful!) Shock Rangers have the biggest selection of mercenaries, I would go as far as to say any of the mercenaries the game has will work but the prayer act2 combat normal and hell difficulty hireling, and the act 3 lightning and fire hirelings. So choose what you have good equipment for.

One aura is not enough; there will be many immunes to any of the other elements you choose. The only ranger that does not need to double would by a holy fire ranger who uses crushing blow, because crushing blow will work on fire immunes. Therefore, I recommend doubling a cold ranger with shock or vice versa. You should probably specialize (invest all points in) one element before working on the other. These both work very well because they share one synergy, and there are enough points in the game to max both auras and their synergies. They also allow you to use the ability to slow everything around you when you find monsters moving to fast, or use holy shock when you see that what you are fighting enemies with to much health for your cold damage to take down (This could also be because it has a lot of cold resist, such as Duriel.) (Back to Holy Fire :D ) Even though Holy Fire does not need a double, you will find yourself wanting to switch to another aura just because you do not need Holy Fire to shoot exploding arrows, and you do not need fire damage when fighting fire immunes. Therefore, double Holy Fire with Fanaticism so that you can fire your crushing, exploding arrows even faster! Sanctuary, that other aura that no one uses should be doubled with Fanaticism because they both use the same types of bows, and work the same way; exponentially.

Sanctuary might be ignored, might only work on undead, but it is so cool that I felt it needed to be included in Elvish’s Guide on Rangers. Sanctuary was only given one synergy because it would be to powerful with two synergies. This synergy is also a very useful utility aura, cleansing which at level 20 reduces the duration of both poison damage, and curses by a shocking 80 percent! Imagine how nice it would be to help your barbarian friend fight in chaos sanctuary if he did not have to run to town every time he got cursed by something he felt was to strong for him. (Just about everything! This synergy also adds 7% to the magic damage% added to your attack per level. This means that with both skills at level 20, 820% of your damage is turned into magic damage that can kill just about ANY undead abomination in 1-2 hits provided you are using a good bow. Sanctuary, like Fanaticism, relies on the damage of your bow to do good damage. In fact, the best comparison to this skill would be vengeance because it works by multiplying the physical damage offered on your bow by the % the skill lists. Therefore I recommend these three bows if you can get them: (Notice: If you like to magic find the mausolem [which is as good as the pit] and pindle, this is the aura for you because it will keep undead from reaching you, and allow you to kill anything vary easily.)

Goldstrike Arch
Gothic Bow

Two-Hand Damage: (30-35) To (150-175) (90-105 Avg)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 95
Required Dexterity: 118
+200-250% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+100-200% Damage To Demons (varies)
+100-200% Damage To Undead (varies)
5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist Of Heavens On Striking
Replenish Life +12
+100-150% Bonus To Attack Rating(varies)

Windforce
Hydra Bow

Two-Hand Damage: 35 To (241-547) (138-291 Avg)
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 134
Required Dexterity: 167
Weapon Speed: [10]
+250% Enhanced Damage
+ (3.125 Per Character Level) 3-309 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
6-8% Mana Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
+10 To Strength
+5 To Dexterity
Knockback

Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow

Two-Hand Damage: 45 To (190-313) (117.5-179 Avg)
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 97
Required Dexterity: 121
+200% Enhanced Damage
+ (2 Per Character Level) 2-198% Enhanced Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
+1 To Amazon Skill Levels
+ (6 Per Character Level) 6-594 To Attack Rating (Based On Character Level)
+25 To Dexterity
Ignores Target's Defense

As you can see, these are vary expensive bows so if you cannot get these, any bow with over 200 max damage or that has over 150 damage but lets you reach the 10 fps rate is fine. As mentioned this is an undead only aura, but the potential it has to fight undead is amazing. It has crowd control that can by certain standards compare with holy freeze, and in my opinion one of the coolest looking graphics offered by auras. This is also one of the best auras to pair up with Fanaticism because most of the physical immunes in the game are undead. (Disclaimer: I do not know if Sanctuary is bugged or not, but from my limited experience with it, it is not.) As far as mercenaries go, only one will do. That would be the offensive act 2 might mercenary in nightmare difficulty. This is because Might works exponentially in adding to your damage, and works great with these high damage bows.

Thank you for reading my guide on element aura usage with rangers.

PvP Ranger
This is possibly one of the hardest duelists to make and use right, but once done right you can kill any non-bm char out there

Skills
20-Fanta
20-Blessed Aim
10-Holy Freeze*

*Depends on your duel group

Stats
134(with gear) Str (depends on end game bow)
300+ (with gear) dex
rest into vit

Gear
Best would more or less be a BoTD Crusader or Hydra, or a Rare 400+% ed AR min/max hydra or crusader.
Good choices are
Cruel Elite of Evis (or Alc)
Wind Force
Eagle Horn
Armor
Elemental fighters
G. Angel

Melee
Valor, Stone, Shaft, Glad Bane.

Gloves
Crafted IAS/CB gloves with KB if bow lacks

Keep in mind this build needs no more than 52 IAS total to hit fastest fire

Boots
Water Walks, war travs, sandstorm, gores

Belts
Tgods, String, Hearty Cord, Siggards Stealth, Nos Coil

Ammy
Highlords or Maras

Rings
Raven, and a dual stat would be nice

I know this is not an in-depth look at a PvP ranger, but I refuse to give all my secrets in the first draft

There are other sub classes but PvP (fanta PvM) and elemental are the two this index iis going to out line this time. Next update will add more after more testing is done.

Chapter 4: Basic Gear out line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any1
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in Rangers, I figured this would be of some help:

Paladin Bow Speed Tables:

WSM -10 bows (Hunter’s, Composite, Razor, Double, Great, Blade)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

IAS---------------Frames/attack
00---------------------11
02---------------------10
19---------------------09

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------14
06---------------------13
16---------------------12
30---------------------11
52---------------------10
89---------------------09

WSM 0 bows (Long, Short Battle, Short War, Cedar, Short Siege, Rune, Shadow, Ward, Diamond)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

13---------------------10
34---------------------09

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------15
09---------------------14
18---------------------13
30---------------------12
48---------------------11
75---------------------10
125--------------------09

WSM 5 bows (Short, Edge, Spider)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

00---------------------12
05---------------------11
19---------------------10
42---------------------09

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------16
06---------------------15
15---------------------14
24---------------------13
39---------------------12
58---------------------11
89---------------------10
147--------------------09

WSM 10 bows (Long Battle, Long War, Gothic, Large Siege, Hydra, Crusader)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism

10---------------------11
26---------------------10
52---------------------09

Without Fanaticism

00---------------------17
06---------------------16
11---------------------15
22---------------------14
32---------------------13
48---------------------12
70---------------------11
105--------------------10
174--------------------09

I go all the information from:

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs...hp?lang=english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any1
Despite the lack of interest, I decided to add the crossbow tables as well:

Paladin Crossbow Speed Tables:

WSM -60 crossbows (Chu-Ko-Nu, Demon)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

Without Fanaticism:

08---------------------11

WSM -40 crossbows (Repeating)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

Without Fanaticism:

04---------------------13
16---------------------12
35---------------------11

WSM -10 crossbows (Light, Arbalest, Pellot)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

00---------------------13
10---------------------12
27---------------------11

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------18
03---------------------17
09---------------------16
18---------------------15
30---------------------14
46---------------------13
70---------------------12
109--------------------11

WSM 0 crossbows (Crossbow, Siege, Gorgon)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

09---------------------13
23---------------------12
44---------------------11

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------19
07---------------------18
14---------------------17
22---------------------16
32---------------------15
48---------------------14
68---------------------13
99---------------------12
152--------------------11

WSM 10 crossbows (Heavy, Ballista, Colossus)

With slvl 20 Fanaticism:

00---------------------15
10---------------------14
22---------------------13
39---------------------12
65---------------------11

Without Fanaticism:

00---------------------22
03---------------------21
07---------------------20
11---------------------19
19---------------------18
27---------------------17
37---------------------16
50---------------------15
70---------------------14
95---------------------13
138--------------------12
215--------------------11

Now for the gear

Pick your end game bow see how much IAS you need for your skills (Fanta rangers need less than non fanta) and make sure u can at least hit 10 frames with your gear (9 is prime though)

Good bow choices where listed in the elemental area

Gear is something that everyone sees differently. So instead of going through and listing the “good gear” and wasting all of our times I wont if you want an idea check my other guide (strat stickie) basicly look for

KB (less your fire ranger)knock back)

DS (deadly strike

AR(Attack rating)

IAS (attack speed)

Resistances

Leech (not to important but its nice for boss fights)

Chapter 5: Mercenary Which one for me?

Well the odds of you having a decent AR are very slim, even if you have 350+Dex your AR in latter hell will suck, less you have AR gear like crazy

The top choices are

Act 2 Nightmare Defensive (holy Freeze)

Act 2 Nightmare offensive (might)

Act 2 Normal Offensive (Blessed Aim)

Gear for any of them

Eth Shaft
Eth Gaze
Cruel lance/warpike 2 amn
That is the ideal gear. Again everyone likes different things on their mercenary.

Is he that important? YES!!!! You cannot tank on your own so you will need him to tank for you. And during boss fights he can tank the boss for you while you fire away.

Chapter 6: When will the next update be? When ever me and or Raven get around to updateing it with more info. This was rushed to hopefuly stem the flow of questions

Elvish and Raven

Email questions to me @ [email protected]

Bow comparison

Eagle Horn. Mediocore damage scaling damage scaling AR lacking IAS though 8/10
WiddowMaker: Crap physical damage some DS (useless with such low physical) good for elemental only rangers for G. Arrow. 3/10
Wind Force: King (or Queen) of Bows. Massive Damage scaling Damage 20 IAS Knock back 9.5/10
Buriza: 100% Peirce cold damage damage that rivals Windforce, slow though hits last BP with fanta @ 11 Frames 8/10
Rare 400+ED: Godly, with the right mods. AR/20 IAS/1-2 sockets/scaling Damage/AR this could rival a windforce and buriza for top bow, sadly most people do not pick up rare bows so getting this could be a problem, but all in all potenial is 10/10 odds suck though

Elvish

And if anyone knows how to get that god forsaken table to line up (im not sure how the code works) please let me know ASAP

Elvish

I think the tags were (code)(/code), but I'm not sure how do those work either

Stickying it until you have it all sorted out

Raven or Dreamsmith when one of you two read this can you code the tables ? (Code) (/Code)i can't seem to get it to line up right i dunno maybe you guys will have better look

Elvish

Well, the real code tags are with [] instead of (), I just put it that way because else they wouldn't be shown!

It looks something like this:

Code:
This is some code

The good thing is the code keeps the exact amount of spaces you want, the forum tends to edit it and make tables and the like look bad

Code:
Just          An         Example

The problem with the {code} thing is that it requires you to type it in capitals, otherwise it doesn't work, don't ask why...anyway here's the tables :

Code:
R = Ranger
M= Mercenary
B= Boss pack
FM= Fast monster
SM= Slow monster

R

M

B                                           FM                  SM

Ps. Rag, could you edit these both to fit the posts above and delete my posts afterwards from clogging up the thread? Thanks in advance

Code:
(Mi=Might, BA=Blessed Aim, Co=Concentration, Fa=Fanaticism, Fi=Holy Fire, Fr=Holy Freeze, Sh=Holy Shock, Th=Thorns, Sc=Sanctuary, Cv=Conviction, RF/RC/RL=Resist Fire/Cold/Lightning, Sv=Salvation, All=The total skill points used to complete this build.)

Code:
Single Aura Rangers               Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
Fanatical Ranger                   1 20  1 20  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  42
Pyromancer Ranger                  1  0  0  0 20  0  0  0  0  0 20  0  0 20  61
Firepower Ranger                   1 20  0  0 20  0  0  0  0  0 20  0  0 20  81
Freeze Ranger                      1 20  0  0  1 20  0  0  0  0  0 20  0 20  82
Shock Ranger                       1 20  0  0  1  1 20  0  0  0  0  0 20 20  83
Shining Light Ranger               1 20  0  0  1  1  0  1 20  0  0  0  0  0  44
Willpower Ranger                   1 20  0  0  1  1  0  1  1 20  0  0  0  0  45

Dual Aura Rangers                 Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
Hellwrath Ranger                   1 20  1 20 20  0  0  0  0  0 20  0  0 20 102
Winterswrath Ranger                1 20  1 20  1 20  0  0  0  0  0 20  0 20 103
Heavenswrath Ranger                1 20  1 20  1  1 20  0  0  0  0  0 20 20 104
Thermal Ranger                     1  9  0  0 20 20  0  0  0  0 20 20  0 20 110
Power Ranger                       1  8  0  0 20  1 20  0  0  0 20  0 20 20 110
Storm Ranger                       1  8  0  0  1 20 20  0  0  0  0 20 20 20 110
Shining Fanatical Ranger           1 20  1 20  1  1  0  1 20  0  0  0  0  0  65
Shining Fire Ranger                1 20  0  0 20  1  0  1 20  0 20  0  0 20 103
Shining Freeze Ranger              1 20  0  0  1 20  0  1 20  0  0 20  0 20 103
Shining Shock Ranger               1 20  0  0  1  1 20  1 20  0  0  0 20 20 104
Shining Willpower Ranger           1 20  0  0  1  1  0  1 20 20  0  0  0  0  64
Faithful Fanatical Ranger          1 20  1 20  1  1  0  1  1 20  0  0  0  0  66
Faithful Fire Ranger               1 20  0  0 20  1  0  1  1 20 20  0  0 20 104
Faithful Freeze Ranger             1 20  0  0  1 20  0  1  1 20  0 20  0 20 104
Faithful Shock Ranger              1 20  0  0  1  1 20  1  1 20  0  0 20 20 105

Triple Aura Rangers               Mi BA Co Fa Fi Fr Sh Th Sc Cv RF RC RL Sv All
Faithful Shining Fanatical Ranger  1 20  1 20  1  1  0  1 20 20  0  0  0  0  85
Holy Trinity Ranger                1  0  0  0 20 20 20  0  0  0 10 17  2 20 110

dude elvish, theres a reason my guide wasnt in the 2nd index. the ranger party guide is missing. And this isnt organized or an improvement on the last index. This needs to be unstickied and the other restickied.

really, this sucks, I dont want my elemental guide up till i Fix it. It is wrong and full of errors.

Raven-Hood

ok im dumb, just saw that the ranger index was wiped out. dam dam dam dam dam, K I will repost everything the way it is supposed to be. Everyone ignore my elemental ranger guide!!!! PLEASE

Raven-Hood

OK Ranger index 3 of ? is up. I hope Suryl saved a back up of the all ranger party guide. Its also more organized. When you have the chance Rag, replace this with the index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High