Random Tournament 2024!

I’m in. Can somebody please roll me an Assassin?

@little birdy's Assassin

Skills:
1) Martial Arts Skill Tree
2) Fade
3) Shadow Master
4) Fire Blast
5) Shock Web

Weapons:
Katar (2x Claws: 1)
Hatchet Hands (2x Claws: 3)
Long Sword (1x one-handed: 7)
Long Battle Bow
Double Axe
War Staff
Throwing Spear

Body Armor:
Splint Mail (9)
Ring Mail
Scale Mail
Field Plate

Shields:
Gothic Shield (8)
Kite Shield

Helms:
Crown (7)
Helm

Belts:
Light Belt

Gloves:
all

Boots:
(Leather) Boots

I hope I got it right? From what I understood, this time neither boots nor gloves nor belts are rolled at all, because everyone has to use Light Belt and Leather Boots and may not use any other Belts or Boots. Gloves are usable no matter what type for all players.

The rolls look pretty good - Martial Arts tree plus Shadow Master plus Fade probably makes a pretty safe build :)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Haha! I recognize your devious scheme to get me out of lurking mode, @Vang! You think I will blindly follow the dangling carrot you put in front of me? Not me, for I know what you are up to! So will you just... Nrgg... Just...[failed saving throw] ...roll me up a random character? Please? 😬

EDIT: of course anyone is welcome to roll a random character for me :) pretty please? 😘
Random (1) Amazon

(17) Passive and Magic Tree, (4) Impale, (10) Lightning Fury, (21) Magic Arrow, (29) Immolation Arrow

(15) Ancient Armor, (5) Great Helm, (7) Bone Shield

(3) Long Bow, (3) Short Spear, (4) Maiden Pike

Also may use the following:
    • Helm, Ring Mail, Scale Mail, Field Plate, Kite Shield
    • Gloves all options are available for all players
    • Belt slot is: Light Belt
    • Boot slot is: Leather Boots (Boots and Heavy Boots)
    • Weapons all players may use are: Long Battle Bow, Double Axe, War Staff, Throwing Spear
    • White/Socketed items (can not make runewords though)
    [*]

Looks like an easy run with LF and a Valk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu
@little birdy's Assassin

Skills:
1) Martial Arts Skill Tree
2) Fade
3) Shadow Master
4) Fire Blast
5) Shock Web

Weapons:
Long Battle Bow
Double Axe
War Staff
Throwing Spear

Body Armor:
Splint Mail (9)
Ring Mail
Scale Mail
Field Plate

Shields:
Gothic Shield (8)
Kite Shield

Helms:
Crown (7)
Helm

Belts:
Light Belt

Gloves:
all

Boots:
(Leather) Boots

I hope I got it right? From what I understood, this time neither boots nor gloves nor belts are rolled at all, because everyone has to use Light Belt and Leather Boots and may not use any other Belts or Boots. Gloves are usable no matter what type for all players.

The rolls look pretty good - Martial Arts tree plus Shadow Master plus Fade probably makes a pretty safe build :)

Good luck!
Thanks! This one feels like a winner to me. I will still find a way to botch it 🤣 But it will be a fun play through however far I get.

Can I get a rules clarification please? Are rune words totally not allowed..?
Vang made a rules change compared to previous iterations of this tournament: Back then you were only allowed to use items of the item types you rolled, which was true even for white/grey items. So there was no need for special rules regarding Runewords (you could make them in the item types you rolled).

This time around though we are able to use all white/grey items, even those who are not on our list, but we aren't allowed to make runewords in them according to the rules. As far as I know Vang and these tournaments, he probably meant that we weren't allowed to make runewords in grey items we didn't roll, but are allowed to make runewords in items of the item type thar are allowed in magical+ quality for us.

So in your case, you could make weapon runewords in the following weapon types:

Long Battle Bow
Double Axe
War Staff

Other weapon types can only be used as white/grey items without a runeword inserted.

Vang made a rules change compared to previous iterations of this tournament: Back then you were only allowed to use items of the item types you rolled, which was true even for white/grey items. So there was no need for special rules regarding Runewords (you could make them in the item types you rolled).

This time around though we are able to use all white/grey items, even those who are not on our list, but we aren't allowed to make runewords in them according to the rules. As far as I know Vang and these tournaments, he probably meant that we weren't allowed to make runewords in grey items we didn't roll, but are allowed to make runewords in items of the item type thar are allowed in magical+ quality for us.

So in your case, you could make weapon runewords in the following weapon types:

Long Battle Bow
Double Axe
War Staff

Other weapon types can only be used as white/grey items without a runeword inserted.
Perfect. That was my interpretation of the rules after reading them through more carefully. Just wanted to be sure I was on the right track.

Edit: and I’m assuming armor, shield, and helm rune word are also accepted in the base types that we rolled?

@little birdy Grisu is correct. All items rolled that are available can be used as magical/rare/set/unique/runeword (In addition to equipping white or grey items as well of those)

Only non-rolled equipment has the no runeword ruling. (Example, you find a Trident and make a Malice out of it, you can't equip it as you don't have a Trident. (Your mercenary could though), but if you kept it as EthEthSkull you could equip and use it.

Equipping all white/socketables adds a considerable amount of benefit early on compared to early iterations, but I wanted to specify you could socket them, but not create runewords.

The biggest benefit of this ruling is easier to get high-damage base items equipped (Or a RalRalRal item quickly!), white belts with more slots than a Light Belt, and tossing on a cool topaz socketed headpiece/armor out of any item.

Reactions: little birdy
@SirName Your random character is a: Sorceress

Sorceress

Cold Skill Tab, Fireball, Enchant, Static Field, Thunderstorm

Light Plate, Great Helm, Bone Shield

Gnarled Staff, Jared Stone, and Hand Axe

This looks very doable. I had been thinking of making a teleportless sorceress anyways. :)

About the prerequirement skills: is usage of those allowed as one point wonders?

This looks very doable. I had been thinking of making a teleportless sorceress anyways. :)

About the prerequirement skills: is usage of those allowed as one point wonders?
Use of the skills are not allowed unless it is one of your 14 or granted by an item.

This rule changed this year to allow use of any skill granted by an item, so you could use firebolt as an example with a +3 staff/orb or teleport via a staff/orb.

Previous iterations only charges/oskills were allowed (and benefits from passive skills obtained), but this year I wanted to try something a bit different.

Could someone roll me up a random character, please?

(6) Paladin
(8) Defensive Auras skill Tab, (13) Thorns, (16) Holy Freeze, (24) Zeal, (27) Blessed Hammer

(7) Breast Plate, (9) Circlet, (6) Tower Shield, (2) Rondache

(2) Scimitar, (2) Grand Scepter

• Boot slot is: Leather Boots
    • Weapons all players may use are: Long Battle Bow, Double Axe, War Staff, Throwing Spear

Not a bad Holy Freeze Zealot or Blessed Hammer with Vigor.

Reactions: Vildecor
Use of the skills are not allowed unless it is one of your 14 or granted by an item.

This rule changed this year to allow use of any skill granted by an item, so you could use firebolt as an example with a +3 staff/orb or teleport via a staff/orb.

Previous iterations only charges/oskills were allowed (and benefits from passive skills obtained), but this year I wanted to try something a bit different.

Ok, I will go by the spirit of this and not put a point in (prerequisite) Warmth before I have enough skillpoints and level available to get the allowed Enchant in one go.

Did I understand this correctly: any white / socketed is ok to use? So one is not limited in any way regarding whites/socketed items? In other words is my regular starting move of shopping a white Scepter allowed? :)

Ok, I will go by the spirit of this and not put a point in (prerequisite) Warmth before I have enough skillpoints and level available to get the allowed Enchant in one go.

Did I understand this correctly: any white / socketed is ok to use? So one is not limited in any way regarding whites/socketed items? In other words is my regular starting move of shopping a white Scepter allowed? :)
You can put a warmth point in even if you never actually get Enchant as it is a pre-req.

Yep, any white/socketed item. Grab that scepter!

Reactions: SirName
Hi, can somebody roll a Druid for me?
(13) Shapeshifting Skill Tab, (1) Firestorm, (5) Cyclone Armor, (23) Heaty of Oak, (29) Spirit of the Barb

(10) Light Plate, (6) Mask, (1) Buckler, (4) Falcon Mask

(1)(12) Military Pick, (2) Voulge

• Boot slot is: Leather Boots
    [*]

Mainly a shapeshifter, but a decent life pool.

Last edited:
I also have a qestion regarding the rules: As Mercs are not restricted regarding the weapon does that mean that i could give him any runeword in any weapon?
For my druid i am leaning towards a flaming mauler.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High