Random Tournament 2009

Re: Random Tournament 2009

Virtue: This is what you get for moving past me on the table so much. *mumbles/grumbles* Seriously though, Normal Diablo is TOUGH. Sorry to hear about your character's demise. Rolling you right now.

[highlight]Virtue's Sorceress[/highlight]
Class: Sorceress

Lightning
> Static Field
> Telekinesis
> Chain Lightning
> Teleport
> Energy Shield

Cold
> Shiver Armor
> Cold Mastery

Fire
> Fire Mastery

Weapon 1: Claymore
Weapon 2: Crystal Sword
Shield: Buckler
Helm: Helm
Armor: Light Plate
Gloves: Gauntlets
Belt: Sash
Boots: Chain Boots

Yes, I'm evil. Sorry. Rerolls?

Don't forget my class specific.. but wow, I've got NOTHING TO PLAY WITH HERE lol.. can I get a re-roll on the Claymore, Buckler and telekineses... This'll be tough.. FAWK

Yeah, sorry. :(.

Class-Specific: Eagle Orb.
Weapon: Claymore -> Falchion.
Shield: Buckler -> Tower Shield.
Skill: Telekinesis -> Lightning Mastery.

Not *totally* evil.

But you have triple masteries, Virtue. That's pretty cool.

Useless, but style points.

Good luck with the sorceress. Mine just completed the Cold Plains -- she has a long way to go slamming things with her starting weapon...

Code:
Forum Name   Class   Level   Act   Points
-----------------------------------------
Nagisa       Pally       28   A3       40
pwangsta     Assassin    25   A2       28
Vildecor     Amazon      19   A2       22
Anraxas      Assassin    20   A2       20
buraz        Barb        20   A2       20
Sorcererbob  Druid       16   A1       12
ShadedOne    Barb        15   A1       11
xxnothing    Necro       13   A1        8
Charlo       Assassin    14   A1        8
lAmebAdger   Druid       13   A1        7
jdkerr       Sorceress   01   A1        1

RIP
Virtue       Druid       32   A4       70
Smips        Sorceress   19   A2       38
Vang         Barb        18   A1       15
Virtue       Druid       17   A1       14
Docturnal    Necro       18   A1       14
jamesixgun   Assassin    17   A1       14
jamesixgun   Assassin    15   A1       11
Beth the DF 'sin has slowly (very slowly) but surely made some progress. She now sits at the Arcane Sanctuary wp, ready to push onwards to Duriel tomorrow. Less progress than I'd hoped, but those silly beetles kept taking out large chunks of her life (esp. in the Maggot Lair) forcing a more cautious approach than I usually like to play with. Several goodies have dropped during our latest adventures, including these two rings about 2 mins apart. They were a Cathan's and a 16% Nagelring. I was extremely happy to see this rune drop, since it allowed me to upgrade my weaponry, like so. That weapon sliced through enemies like butter-just-taken-out-of-the-freezer, but it did get the job done eventually. Also, even though my Wake of Fire has only 1 point, it proved very useful in cleaning out roomfuls of skellies, allowing me to get to and kill the mummies with a minimum of trouble. Let's hope it stays relevant long enough for me to clean out Tal's tombs, because otherwise slicing through roomfuls of monsters with Blade Fury (read: ten-hit kill per monster) is rather tedious.

I never knew this mod was possible at such a low level. Not very useful, but I found it amusing.

Oh, btw, I've decided since I can't gamble Circlets and I have all this money rolling in, I'm going to try to gamble a Crushflange. Low odds, but there's really no other outlet for all that gold that would be an overwhelmingly better choice. So far:

Blue Maces: 60, Crushflange: 0

On an unrelated note, Beth currently has 135% MF courtesy of the aforementioned Nagel as well as a cubed 24% Ammy.

My condolences to Virtue, Docturnal, and jamesixgun for their toons' premature demises, and good luck with the new ones :p

Last edited:

Seems to me that Sorcs are a bit of a gamble in this tournament, even more so than other characters. You're going to need a solid skill -and- synergies to be effective, while nearly all three Skill Trees have near unusable skills in them too.

As with most things there are high risk high reward choices and low risk choices. Sorc's, PnB heavy Necros, Elemental Druids and to some extent bow amazons will all be among the high risk ones.

Seems to me that Sorcs are a bit of a gamble in this tournament, even more so than other characters. You're going to need a solid skill -and- synergies to be effective, while nearly all three Skill Trees have near unusable skills in them too.

Actually, Sorcs got a good boost, since they can have 5 in one tree, 2 in another for utility. Sure not the strongest but stronger than before.

As with most things there are high risk high reward choices and low risk choices. Sorc's, PnB heavy Necros, Elemental Druids and to some extent bow amazons will all be among the high risk ones.

There has only been on Guardian to my knowledge, and that was an Assassin using blade sentinel, fury, master. All classes are equally gimped, but the additional skills do make a summon necromancer fairly good.

No notable finds, but too many gems. Loads of amethysts (I've begun selling them off); 9 or 10 chipped topazes (in the stash, +4 on me +2 on the rogue); and double-handful of rubies (that I'm gonna keep and try to roll into a perfect for some Blood Gloves); and misc. others. Gheed gave me a spiked shield of Blocking and a vicious morning star, Meh. I keep hoping for a biggen's bonnet or some arctic furs or something, but no such luck.

Lunch and then it's off to see the Smith and make a run for the desert.

edit: Oh, ya. I forgot. From the Countess? NOT ONE SINGLE RUNE! Not even an Eld! :steam:

sorry to hear about your double deeds :( , but there's a few things i want you to know:

1.)if you use ATMA, you'll have unlimited stash space, you can store all these chippeds and whatnot in an ATMA stash and mule it back on the char when you get the cube... then mule it back off!

2.)Countess ALWAYS drops at least one rune. saying countess didn't drop a rune is like saying that hellforge didn't give you one, which leads me to believe that you somehow just didn't see the rune...

gl with your new char!!

Code:
lAmebAdger   Druid       17   A1       14
Sorcererbob  Druid       16   A1       12

RIP

kwik update... (can i use a +1 Firestorm Wolfhead if i don't use the firestorm it gives? (it's not one of my rolled skills, but i want the helmet) )

Can someone roll me a Barbarian. Polearm as weapon. 3 combat, 4 warcries, 1masteries

Edit: I do have patience, it's not like I am sitting here refreshing the screen like mad :p

Last edited:

coming up, have patience :p

EDIT: here it is

Skills:

combat: Leap Attack, Whirlwind, Stun
Warcries: Warcry, Taunt, (Grim Ward -->) Battle Cry, Find Item
Masteries: (Sword Mastery -->) Mace Mastery (Grisu auto re-rolled once, then said lucky bastard, so i assume i can only auto-re-roll once)

on the other hand, the quote below seems to suggest:

(sword mastery -->) polearm mastery (i believe this is right)

Vang said:
*In the event you are a Barbarian, and choose the mastery tree, you are free to say, mastery as weapon choice(if a mastery is not rolled, you will have to choose then)

Weapons:
Halberd, (Voulge -->) Poleaxe

Equip:
Great Helm, (Leather Armor --> Gothic Plate), Buckler, Gauntlets, Greaves, Belt

Class-specific: Assault Helmet

rerolls?

Last edited:

There should be a 4th warcry, a belt and some boots

I believe sword mastery gets rerolled because I decided to go polearms not whatever got rolled up (That is what happened to Vang on the first page)

Last edited:

rerolls:

voulge --> poleaxe
leather armour --> gothic plate
Grim Ward --> Battle Cry

Vang said:
*Incase of Barbarian, he may elect to reroll Mastery, but does not get reroll of weapon automatically, must use that equipment reroll as well on weapon to get that option.

Gah.. as i understand this second quote: you can reroll the mastery, but if the mastery then still doesn't suit you, you should use up the equipment reroll to pick your new weapon type and then you can use your weapon reroll to reroll one of the two new weapons...

if you interpret it that way, i'll reset the rerolls for you since you weren't aware of these rules before (neither me)

EDIT: ok: now i get that first quote (after reading some more of vang's posts)

you don'T have to pick a weapon if you're a barbarian, you can let someone roll you a mastery and say: "i'll take the weapon type that he rolls me as mastery"
if he doesn't roll you a mastery, then you're forced to pick a weapon

reset?

Last edited:

Reroll:
Voulge
Leather Armour
Grim Ward

I am going to bed, but if Vang or someone could clarify the re-rolling of masteries in the next 24 hours that would be good :p

BTW if it turns out I am stuck with mace mastery I would rather change to maces than have a useless skill

you're not stuck with maces or with polearms... (you would be stuck to both according to the rolls)

you should ask for a reset of mastery skill tab and weapon choice entirely, since rules weren't clear
(see my edited previous post on the rule interpretations i dug out)

also found:

Vang said:
IF a Barbarian or Amazon decides(or mastery decides) that a two-handed weapon is used, then the following skills are auto rerolls:

so pick either "mastery decides weapon" or "weapon, no matter what the mastery may be" again

EDIT:
Jcakes said:
I do have patience, it's not like I am sitting here refreshing the screen like mad

lolz, didn't mean it that way, sorry

(editing really confuses in a dialogue... prime example is this very page :whistling: )

Last edited:

Code:
lAmebAdger   Druid       17   A1       14
Sorcererbob  Druid       17   A1       14

RIP

Got a poleaxe... don't have the str to use it... why didn't I check this beforehand?!

Last edited:

I don't even want to add this one to the RIP, even dropped p1 Blair died to the damn blood raven.. I am having no luck at all... Let's give this one last try for the day..

Sorceress
Lightning 5 Cold 2 Fire 1 Weapon : sword

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High