Quite the problem

thepopo

Jan 27, 2004
Quite the problem

Well the loss of all the discussions and sticky guides and such just...well...suxxors. But hey! What ya gonna do. :xmad:

But anyway. If they are all corrupt it might be nice to just wipe all the corrupted threads and get a fresh start. Unless of course you are hoping to eventually recover them. But anyway. Lets all not stop posting and if anyone has saved their stuff be sure to re-post for the board admin to grab and maybe re-sticky.
(FOR ALL YOU L337 Guide M@$73R$ out there.)

SquareRootOfBob said:
Well, they were fixing something, and they broke something. :D
Thats completely wrong! What really happend is that the end of the world is coming!! We should all run around in circles screaming. Do NOT procide to the nearest exit! (why do they even have to tell us to procede to the nearest exit anyways?) Not even your digglers can save you all now!

Actually I kinda like the idea, may prevent a number of "flavor of the month" exacto characters, for a little while anyway.. it wouldn't be so bad, but if your generally not one of these "uber" builds, people on BNet look down on you, which I don't generally understand. But I've been in several games today alone that were me, and 7 paladins, its kinda scary to see that many hammers flying around.

Obviously they needed more harddrive space for pr0n, and decided to delete some unnecessary databases.

umm no...the forums crashed and the backups were corrupt, so if you want the valuable stuff back, search through your internet cache files and repost them, like I did with all the guides I found so far..and will do the same with my home computer once I get there from work...

I think a wipe would be a good idea. I don't belive that they can restore the old posts since the backups were corrupt, so getting rid of everything previous to the time they got everything back up and running would be good to avoid users wasting time looking at blank threads. But, they'll do what they see fit when they get the chance. I'm sure there was some chaos when this all first happened.

In lieu of there being a wipe, you can also find out which threads are blank by hovering your cursor over the topic title. That usually shows the first few sentences or so in a topic. In the case of blank threads, nothing will be shown. A piece of advice, that requires not Mod/Admin intervention.

Fiyawerx said:
its kinda scary to see that many hammers flying around.
Nah, not scary. It is the safest place you could ever be. With that many hammers, 12 Uber Diablos couldn't even touch you. Please Blizzard! Nerf the hammerdins before i make one!. Im slowly getting corrupted by their awesome power.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High