Quickk Qn: Does Passion RW works on staves?

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
Quickk Qn: Does Passion RW works on staves?

from AS;
Melee Weapons = Most weapons that aren't ranged such as a Sword or Hammer. A Bow or Crossbow is a ranged weapon and is not in this category. Sorceress Orbs are not considered Melee Weapons. Melee Weapons: Hand-to-Hand, Blunt, Combo Weapon, Polearm, Spear, Knife, Sword, Axe.

Weapons = Melee Weapons, Missile Weapons, Orbs.

Staves = Mean Staves and not other items that are Staff class weapons like Wands.

So, are Staves considered orbs? blunt?

oh, ok.. they're under staves + rods which is sub-category of blunt.

so i assume that passion will work on them?

Arreat Summit said:
Passion
4 Socket Weapons

Weapons means every weapon, which includes staves (and four-socket orbs if you can find any, and the equally elusive four-socket katars, and bows, and anything you can hold in your hand besides shields and quest items (as of 1.10 at least)). For future reference, I believe melee weapons includes staves as well.

-CG

Runewords.pdf on this page is a great list of all the runewords. I have it printed out and find it's very very helpful.

Weapons means every weapon, which includes staves (and four-socket orbs if you can find any, and the equally elusive four-socket katars, and bows, and anything you can hold in your hand besides shields and quest items (as of 1.10 at least)). For future reference, I believe melee weapons includes staves as well.

-CG

I would love to have a four socket katar. I like the idea of a claw/claw assassin, with burst of speed, attacking at the speed of light :grin:

I don't, however, see the point in a Passion bow. You can't Beserk or Zeal with from rang, and you can't use a bow as a big stick, so there doesn't seem to be a point.

I don't, however, see the point in a Passion bow. You can't Beserk or Zeal with from rang, and you can't use a bow as a big stick, so there doesn't seem to be a point.

a passion bow looks interesting. sort of an escape/crowd control weapon for a strafer.. enemies either flee or blinded=P

Passion
Diamond Bow
'DolOrtEldLem'
Two-Hand Damage: 87 to 105
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 54
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x6b65ba65
+164% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Berserk
+1 to Zeal
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Hit Blinds Target +10
61% Bonus to Attack Rating
75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)
Socketed (4: 4 used)

It's interesting actually. I took interest in it for the moderate damage bonus, boost to AR and the Hit Blinds Target and Hit Causes Monster to Flee. As a melee weapon, the latter two could be annoying I guess, but the rate they go off I quite like having them both on a bow. I've tried this on a hunter druid so far, but I didn't like the character, don't think I'll finish him tbh. I might experiment with using this bow on an Act 1 merc some...

I'll see how it goes.

GG to sitro for making one, but I was just mentioning four socket bows/orbs/katars to illustrate the many, many things that are considered "weapons".

The flee and blind are nice to keep distance between yourself and the bad guys. (Those two mods generally hurt passion as a melee weapon.) You also have to remember back to a time before the new runewords came out. Passion was one of the best (affordable) runewords you could make in a bow. Pretty much your only other choice in that price range was Melody, which sucks for physical damage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High