Quick question: Do you still take screenies of mid-runes?

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
Quick question: Do you still take screenies of mid-runes?

Now with 1.13 up and about and runes come raining down, I just wonder, do you still take screenshots of mid runes ie lum - mal?

Right now, I'm countess running and the number of Kos, Fals, Puls, Ums and the occasional Mals dropping is just astounding. They drop so frequently now that I couldn't be bothered to press Print Screen. And from the last couple of pages of the IFT, the only runes featured seemed to be Gul and above..

I just came back after a hiatus, so I'm a little fuzzy about the current economy here and hope that such action woudn't have an adverse effect once I start trading them..

Re: Quick question: Do you still take screenies of mid-runes?

Personally, I didn't take screenshots of anything below vex in 1.12, which coincidentally was exactly the point where the SPTF rules required screenshots to be taken. Now that 1.13 is here, I actually already petitioned Thyiad to change the SPTF rule requiring rune screenshots to only apply to things that have 1.12-vex rarity in 1.13 (which, incidentally, is zod.) We don't need this many screenshots - runes (even HR's) have become extremely common.

-CG

I used to take screenies from Um up in 1.12, unless it were mid runes from LK, just for the sake of having screenshots of the drop patterns. But now in 1.13, I'll only take pics of HRs.

I`ve always been incredibly sloppy with screenshots of runes and generally don`t take screenshots of runes up to Gul. I even have a Sur now that I didn`t take a screenie of as I was sure it was a Sol:)

Truth to be told, I don`t feel that the screenshots are taken because I`m proud and happy of the find, but it`s taken to prove to the forum that I found it. There`s something really wrong with that, IMO.

I take, or at least took, screenies of practically everything that drops, just to look back on months later.

On a related note, any idea why after reinstalling the game pressing Print Screen no longer leaves a jpg in the D2 directory? If I want a screenshot I need to copy it into Paint atm which is a bit annoying.

So, now what constitutes a HR? Still Gul and up?

I take, or at least took, screenies of practically everything that drops, just to look back on months later.

On a related note, any idea why after reinstalling the game pressing Print Screen no longer leaves a jpg in the D2 directory? If I want a screenshot I need to copy it into Paint atm which is a bit annoying.

is it in the runewords/redrunemod folder? my screenies were placed there iirc when thpse mods were installed.

I have recently stopped taking screenies of pretty much anything. Doesn't matter if it's a rune, a unique, etc. It's basically a waste of time and diskspace.

If anyone believes a screenie is "proof" of a valid rune find, they are sadly mistaken.

I restarted clean in 1.13 for the ladder, and recently had a Jah drop from Meph. I took a SS more because I couldn't believe I'd actually got a HR to drop, rather than for proof reasons.

I doubt I'll be taking an more screenshots from now on in. I'm playing self-found, so I've nothing to prove to anyone on the trading front anyway and as o1d_dude says, a SS is hardly "proof" of a rune drop.

I have recently stopped taking screenies of pretty much anything. Doesn't matter if it's a rune, a unique, etc. It's basically a waste of time and diskspace.

If anyone believes a screenie is "proof" of a valid rune find, they are sadly mistaken.

I agree with you in every way:yes:

I agree with what you guys said, a screenshot isn't a proof at all, and so is an atma readout.

"Proof" doesn't exist, but screenshots of appropriately rare things can provide a greater chance of something being legitimate, as they would weed out everyone too lazy/experienced to fake one accurately, and they additionally provide fodder for the suspicious to inspect in great detail to attempt to spot a fake.

There is a value in using screenshots as supporting evidence of legitimacy, but it isn't really worthwhile except for the rarest stuff IMO.

-CG

LOL! When I come up with a funny idea, I will take a screenie against the day the SPF has another Screen Shot Follies contest.

I have also sent screenies to my son who no longer plays but still gets a kick out seeing what kind of "trash" I have found.

I was after all one of "The Trashmen" and even had a theme song. LOL!

"Everywhere we go,
people look and stare.
We are The Trashmen,
Mighty, mighty Trashmen!"
- The Dark Khan aka TDK

Agreed, it's no proof. But my screenshot folder is like a log to me. It's fun to go through it every now and then, and see the great TC87 finds and rune drops.

And besides, everyone likes to watch screenies in a mat/pat thread!

For the moment, I'm still taking screenies of everything um+ Maybe once I've found 20-30 of those, and a few HRs, then I'l change my mind- but right now those midrunes are the only trade fodder I have (beyond pgems) and so I want to have screenies just in case a trade partner wishes to see them.

Agree with DZJB.

I take screenies of almost anything, but its more for "fun" and photo-like purposes. Multiple color breast plate drops, champion Nest packs, might enchanted "water" in front of council place etc. I made my first set of HF rushes for example, so I capped almost everything through the process, but I doubt Ill do that at my secont set. Meh, I cant even find those shots atm, coz I back up and restart so often lately (as in last 20 years) that it got lost somewhere in the filesystem.

Im sloppy person and collect loads of trash, so I guess, Ill have to change one of the traits - and it will be easier to reduce amount of trash gathered than revert my sloppines :D

Agreed, it's no proof. But my screenshot folder is like a log to me. It's fun to go through it every now and then, and see the great TC87 finds and rune drops.

And besides, everyone likes to watch screenies in a mat/pat thread!

i agree with this. something like dragon age origins whereby every milestone is automatically screenshot. should be a staple feature in rpgs.. =)

Personally, I didn't take screenshots of anything below vex in 1.12, which coincidentally was exactly the point where the SPTF rules required screenshots to be taken. Now that 1.13 is here, I actually already petitioned Thyiad to change the SPTF rule requiring rune screenshots to only apply to things that have 1.12-vex rarity in 1.13 (which, incidentally, is zod.) We don't need this many screenshots - runes (even HR's) have become extremely common.

-CG

Ummmnnnn .... can you please tell the D2 Gods to send me some of those "extremely common" High Runes?

I think they forgot the memo.

I'll gladly trade my Hels and Ko's for some Bers and Jahs ...

HR's below zod are more common than vex was in 1.12 (and even zod is somewhere around 1.12 Sur's rarity IIRC.) A 1.12 Ko has the equivalent rarity of Lo or Sur or something like that now.

-CG

HR's below zod are more common than vex was in 1.12 (and even zod is somewhere around 1.12 Sur's rarity IIRC.) A 1.12 Ko has the equivalent rarity of Lo or Sur or something like that now.

-CG

Not quite. 1.12 Ko is about the same as a Mal/Ist.

Not that it's at all relevent really - individual rune odd chances are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Instead, we should look at the chance of any HR dropping and indeed as you imply, it is a lot more common than before (8-15x more common for individual HR's).

I knew I'd regret posting from work without checking the actual rates bookmarked at home. You're absolutely correct. It's 1.13 sur = 1.12 pul, and 1.13 um/mal = 1.12 ko. However, 1.13 zod is the only 1.13 rune equivalent to 1.12 vex or rarer (the sptf screenshot breakpoint,) but it's only about equivalent to a 1.12 ohm, not a sur as I guessed above.

-CG

edit: And I'm with you on caring about any-HR drops rather than specific-HR drops. I actually did the math out on any-HR-vex+ for both 1.12 and 1.13 when I was comparing the rates, but for some dumb reason I didn't bother writing down what it was. But, yeah, HR's are common now. My ladder char found a Lo before she first hit pindle, and trav supposedly produces a vex+ every couple hours or so on average according to what I think I remember reading from the trav running thread the other day.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High