Questions on Goofy Build for LK Sorceress

smloeffelholz

Jun 15, 2018
I am questing with a sorceress right now who is destined to be a dedicated LK runner. Once she becomes a matriarch, I am going to level her for a bit doing P3 Pindle/Andy runs with a full fire build. Once I am happy with her level (or get sick of my lack of MF luck), she will respec and move on to LK. Since I will never need her to kill a single monster ever again, I was thinking of the following build.

20 Shiver Armor
20 Warmth
20 Telekinesis
20 Energy Shield
Enough in Teleport to make the mana negligible

I would keep her Life/Mana ratio between 2/3 and 1/2. Since my equipment will give +4 all skills and reach the 200 fcr breakpoint, that should mean she will be lightning fast with 79% of all damage absorbed by Mana (regen rate around 1000% with 17 Med Insight). Also, the damage absorbed will be at 75% due to the 20 hard points in telekinesis. Along with decent resists from Wizzy/Skins/Spirit, she should be nearly indestructible. I am a little worried about a mana burn unique, but a good map should not have those spawning in chest rooms anyway.

My first question is this, have I gone crazy? Is this build way overkill on safety, or does it make some sense? Also, any tips on how to tweak the build would be appreciated.

Second, what is a reasonable level to shoot for with P3 Pindle runs? I know that Andy won't be giving much exp, so I'm not really factoring that part into the equation. I figure that low 90's should be doable, but I usually work best with a specific number in mind.

it's way overkill; you don't need anything fancier than 1 point in teleport, especially since you're playing softcore

Second, what is a reasonable level to shoot for with P3 Pindle runs? I know that Andy won't be giving much exp, so I'm not really factoring that part into the equation. I figure that low 90's should be doable, but I usually work best with a specific number in mind.

Estimated number of runs of P3 Pindle (+all minions) to get to next level:
Level 89 -> 90 - 370
Level 90 -> 91 - 536
Level 91 -> 92 - 774
Level 92 -> 93 - 1371

I tried a couple of variations of pure defensive sorcs in LK and I have to say I hated both. One all out defense similar to yours and one Frozen Orbess.

And I just leveled in LK for the lulz. I strated at clvl80 and my sorc is now just shy of clvl88 just killing bosspacks when I felt bored with just opening the chests. Not the most efficient way of running but it keeps me running which is a big plus in my book.

As far as I'm concerned this is the best setup for a LK sorc coupled /w Insight merc:
Full Blizzardz, 1pt. TK, Static, Teleport, Warmth.
Max block 105%FCR
Shako
Viper
Wizzy
Whinstans
Bloodfist/Trangs
Arach/Dungo
Waterwalk
FCR ring/Dwarf
Random ammy

Between DR/Max block/1200life you're not gonna die. You have good firepower and 1 frame less teleport on a good map is worth 1-2 seconds a run tops.

Then again I play HC and I don't know a thing about efficiency :rolleyes:

Edit: Forgot to mention if you go the %DR route with Verdungo's it would not be a bad idea to Shael the Shako/Viper for better FHR breakpoints. I prefer the Bloodfist FHR + PRubies in both.

Last edited:
@srrw You managed to talk some sense into me. Aerie is now L90, and I am gearing her up for LK. I am leaving her as a pure blizzard sorceress, since this will allow me to do P3 or P5 Pindle runs with her if I feel like leveling her further, or if she needs a change of pace. I like your equipment setup, so she will be using:

Shako
Saracen's Chance
Vipermagi
Wizzy
Whistans
Bloodfist
Arach
Waterwalk
FCR/Dwarf

I am going to start rolling maps with her later this week, so hopefully it won't take longer than a couple of hours to get one that I like.

Agree on 200 fcr

But seems like alot of hassle just to run around opening chests...

You can level really fast doing Pindle runs at +8 players with a glacial spike and blizzard and it is very easy. I agree that the standard Blizzard Sorc is just fine for doing LK. And I like having the option to kill unique packs occasionally for a change of pace. I have found some decent items doing that. There isn't that much teleporting with a good map that makes the need for a cheap teleport and the only occasional danger is the big dudes getting in a pack around the chests, but nothing a normal sorceress can't teleport around or out of easily. If you are on softcore, it's no real big deal. I haven't died from an LK Run in I don't know how long, but a long time.

Nothing wrong with swapping gear for different runs. 200fcr LK and you never look back.
That was the build that I planned initially but I am going to try this safety build first. I may end up farming another respec token if I don't like it. I have never played a 200 fcr build, so I am intrigued by the speed. I just don't know if a single teleport frame will be worth the decrease in survivability.

In LK speed=survivability. Just to reiterate: if you are fighting ANYTHING, you are doing it wrong...

The effiecency of LK lies in that bit about not attacking... you have no interest in the mobs, just those sweet, sweet chests. As such, you can blaze through runs without ever slowing down. Hell, I think 200fcr sorc casting animation is faster than most LK mobs attack animation, so essentially they swing > sorc teleports > they whiff... especially with Shiver Armor active (Shiver Armor chills at the beginning of an attack, so mobs never have to actually hit you before being chilled).

I recently had my first 200% fcr experience when doing Infernal Pit runs with my Barb. I agree with what has been said above: 200% fcr and you never look back :).

I'll head to Baal to pick up the last essence I need for a token. My 200 FCR build will be much uglier, but all the responses have intrigued me.

I switched to a simple 200 FCR build, and I like it much better. Her life is a little lower, and I'm sure safety is not as good. Still, I don't think this will be much of an issue with the tele speed. It feels a lot like the first time I played a 125 FCR hammerdin. I wondered why I hadn't gone that direction before.

I do have one general LK question that I have not found a good answer for. Despite reading through some guides, no one ever asked/mentioned it that I found. In the double chest hut, do you open the left or right chest first? I am trying to limit the effect clutter has on seeing the drops. It seems that objects on the left of the screen appear before objects on the right. That makes me think that opening the right chest first is better. Any advice or personal preferences on this would be appreciated.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High